Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

'Paul Scholes' signs for Aberdeen

glasgow sheep

Dons beat off the Competition

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/c/18/0,,10284~10426380,00.jpg[/img]

Aberdeen today confirmed the signing of 16 year old Craig Storie on a full time contract. The midfielder, who has been at Aberdeen for six years, was wanted by a host of clubs, including Manchester United, skippered the Scotland Under 16 team this season in the Victory Shield competition.

Craig is the latest in a distinguished line of Victory Shield captains who have signed up at Pittodrie, following in the footsteps of Ryan Jack, Fraser Fyvie and Jack Grimmer.

What lenght of deal has he signed.

Would like to think we might have tied him down for a few years or else history could repeat itself if he proves to make the grade

Vaguely remember reading somewhere that players under 18 cannot sign deals longer that 2 years. Could be speaking pish of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Carluke youngster Craig Storie signs for Aberdeen

Published on Thursday 9 February 2012 12:05

A teenage Carluke footballer who is so talented that he’s been dubbed “a young Paul Scholes” has signed for Aberdeen FC under-19s.

The Pittodrie club’s first team manager Craig Brown made the Scholes comparison about Craig Storie (16), of Eastfield Road, a skilful attacking midfielder who has signed a two and a half year contract with the Dons.

The young midfielder’s mum Eileen Walkinshaw said: “Craig has been football daft since he could walk. When he was smaller and there was a local football match being played, you knew Craig would be there.

“I’m very proud of what he has already achieved. His ultimate ambition is to play for Man Utd or Barcelona.”

http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/sport/local-sport/carluke_youngster_craig_storie_signs_for_aberdeen_1_2107085

He just posted this on Facebook:

MY RANGERS PRIDE, I WILL NOT HIDE,

MY RANGERS RACE, I WILL NOT DISGRACE,

MY RANGERS BLOOD... FLOWS RED,WHITE & BLUE,

MY RANGERS PEOPLE, I WILL STAND BY YOU,

THROUGH THICK & THIN, TILL THE DAY WE DIE,

... OUR RANGERS FLAG, ALWAYS FLIES SO HIGH,

I SHOUT THIS POEM, LOUDER THAN ALL THE REST,

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS, RANGERS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST W.A.T.P *UK*

Cunt.