Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Summer 2024 transfer window

On 30/05/2024 at 10:41, OrlandoDon said:

I see Stevie Mallan is a free agent after leaving salford. While that was league two, I’m sure it was the paycheck that attracted him to that club, I do feel he’s Scottish premiership level. Worth a look? Seem to remember him being a decent player for hibs and st mirren. While I don’t see him being a star summer signing, we have minimal width and he could be a decent squad player for us.

His Great-Grandfather played against Aberdeen for St Mirren in the 1955 League Cup Final and scored an own goal in a 2-1 win for us. True story.

Squad to date (excluding youngters promoted to the first team)

doohan

richardson

devlin

ruby

macdonald

molloy

jensen

Mckenzie

mcgarry

morris

mcgrath

milne

boyd

polvara

clarkson

shinnie

Duncan

duk

gueye

miovski

sokler

ambrose

22 including miovski. Clearly lacking a goalkeeper, a right mid, two left mids, and a center mid, preferably two. Hoping we sell Morris and gueye, adding another right mid to this list. I also consider McGrath a center mid. I’m assuming miovski will be sold, and I know I’m in the minority but I’m willing to give Richardson the back up job behind devlin.

Impossible to guess a first 11, is Thelin a three or four at the back guy???

Richardson couldn’t get a regular game for Colchester United who finished 3 points off relegation in league 2 in England. He should be nowhere near our team even as a back up. I would be looking at bringing in a first choice right back and moving Devlin to back up position. I would think we should be looking at getting Richardson out on loan or ideal world sold. 

New number 1 is a must as we cannot have Doohan there. He is another I think we. Should be looking to move him on and possibly get another back up. 

Even with Sokler and Ambrose still think we need another striker as cover. I agree with moving on Gueye if possible. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jute said:

Richardson couldn’t get a regular game for Colchester United who finished 3 points off relegation in league 2 in England. He should be nowhere near our team even as a back up. I would be looking at bringing in a first choice right back and moving Devlin to back up position. I would think we should be looking at getting Richardson out on loan or ideal world sold. 

New number 1 is a must as we cannot have Doohan there. He is another I think we. Should be looking to move him on and possibly get another back up. 

Even with Sokler and Ambrose still think we need another striker as cover. I agree with moving on Gueye if possible. 

Harsh on devlin, first half of the season he and miovski were our two top players, and he was very reliable. He had a slump around Robson leaving/warnock time, and made mistakes, but don’t forget he had some very good games. If we can sign another legit right back great, but devlin on his day is a good player, especially if those around him are solid.

I failed on the squad list, not only did I miss Vinny, remember we have bavidge. If we are regularly playing two up top I’d keep bavidge and he’ll get minutes. If we’re playing one up top I’d like to see him back out on loan getting minutes.

Edited by OrlandoDon

7 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Harsh on devlin, first half of the season he and miovski were our two top players, and he was very reliable. He had a slump around Robson leaving/warnock time, and made mistakes, but don’t forget he had some very good games. If we can sign another legit right back great, but devlin on his day is a good player, especially if those around him are solid.

I failed on the squad list, not only did I miss Vinny, remember we have bavidge. If we are regularly playing two up top I’d keep bavidge and he’ll get minutes. If we’re playing one up top I’d like to see him back out on loan getting minutes.

Agree regarding Devlin. He's solid enough, and not a priority. Once we sort the other positions and move out some of the dross, then we can review him, likely in January. 

I'd bin besuijen too, and send Bavidge to the championship for a further loan if possible.

I actually met Dave Cormack the other day in Munich, was chatting to him for a wee bit. Nice guy actually.

I did tell him he sacked Stephen Glass too early and the other two that followed him not early enough.

We did both agree though Thelin has the job for life on account he's gonna win us the lot.

Oh and keep it quiet because he told me off the record, but Ryan Jack coming home after the Euros. Gonna be the highest paid player in our history. Exciting times.

23 minutes ago, Panda said:

I actually met Dave Cormack the other day in Munich, was chatting to him for a wee bit. Nice guy actually.

I did tell him he sacked Stephen Glass too early and the other two that followed him not early enough.

We did both agree though Thelin has the job for life on account he's gonna win us the lot.

Oh and keep it quiet because he told me off the record, but Ryan Jack coming home after the Euros. Gonna be the highest paid player in our history. Exciting times.

I said it when he played for us, I don’t think Vinny has the pace to be a legit winger. I saw him as a creative 10 or a second forward playing off a Peter Ambrose type. But we have McGrath to do that.

jack would be interesting. Don’t care what happened in the past, but do care that we’d (let just say this is true) be overpaying for an older player who is injury prone. Credit to shinnie who stays fit, but we need a younger shinnie who can play week in week out, plus give shinnie a rest here and there. Hate to keep emphasizing but we need another Rama. Jack isn’t what we need.

Jack would be a poor signing for us. He’s 32 and past his best not to mention hated by the support. I’m really hoping we are not even looking that way although I do believe Panda is on the wind up. 

6 hours ago, Panda said:

image.gif.7782d986a7fe03ca1939f7a9d5717fdf.gif

• Like 1

While replacing Devlin is not priority I think we do need extra cover there and rather than bring in someone worse than him as back up I would rather we brought in a better player and made Devlin the back up. 

Bavidge did well at Kelty last year so maybe able to come off the bench as third option this year but as long as it’s not restricted to a a couple of minutes here or there. 

As good a place as any to put this, as surely his replacement couldn't be any worse, how the fuck has he lasted this long at Pittodrie ?

Craig Samson off to Hibs as their new goalkeeping coach 😂

20 hours ago, Panda said:

Bold move but not convinced he's experienced enough to get the gloves off Doohan.

7 hours ago, wee toon red said:

We’ve apparently met the st Johnstone keeper Mitov’s release clause. No idea how much it is.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5014479/dimitar-mitov-st-johnstone-aberdeen-six-figure/

6 figure fee according to the above article. Can’t say I was overly impressed when he played against us last season but Saints fans seem gutted he is going and from Sportscene highlights he did make a number of good saves including penalties which would be a novelty after Roos. 

11 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Instinctively feels like a good signing and fits in with the idea of signing the better players from around the league to supplement the unknown quantities we're bringing in every year.

Interesting move, wonder how much input Thelin had in the decision.

Interesting keeper signing, know very little about him and don’t think much when we played them and he’d been linked with us. At the same time, so many positives comments about this guy, everyone seems to rate him???

49 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Interesting move, wonder how much input Thelin had in the decision.

He seems like an intelligent guy, I suspect that if he didn't have a keeper in mind, he'll have taken the known quantity in the existing league. It's a big one to get off the list, and he can focus his energies elsewhere. Mitov is probably as safe a bet as you could get. I think he'll do well.

Disappointed and surprised to be honest. I thought perhaps him seeing Rama and Ferguson being successful in Italy he may have gone that route. I think that helps create better players, getting that euro experience. 
instead, he’s now a hated man who will get dogs abuse when we play them. If he plays. He’s a decent player but I foresee him similar to wright and being a bit part player.

• Like 1