Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Summer 2024 transfer window

If true,thats getting near the figure I would have in mind for Miovski.Think £10m plus is over optimistic.Hopefully DC could negotiate us to over £7m though,or start a bidding war...

Edited by Elgindon

Think we all know there are going to be bids for Miovski so would rather the bidding war started now so we can maximise the fee. 

Also if we can this settled now we have enough time to get in a replacement (if not going with Sokler) or spend the money elsewhere in the squad. 

Is it possible for a player to wear bubble wrap whilst training?

It's a good offer, and hopefully we don't drag things out for too long. I had thought we might get £8M max, so £7M would be good. Obviously, it'd be better for Scottish football if we accepted a £2.5 offer from the Tims, but I think we should be selfish and look out for ourselves on this occasion.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Obviously, it'd be better for Scottish football if we accepted a £2.5 offer from the Tims, but I think we should be selfish and look out for ourselves on this occasion.

image.gif.84513d8d58decb4b5d6c18d2c8dac7f2.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Is it possible for a player to wear bubble wrap whilst training?

It's a good offer, and hopefully we don't drag things out for too long. I had thought we might get £8M max, so £7M would be good. Obviously, it'd be better for Scottish football if we accepted a £2.5 offer from the Tims, but I think we should be selfish and look out for ourselves on this occasion.

To be honest Rico, I think it is speculative, rather than a definite offer of close to £7m.

3 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Aye,a new look via new hairdresser....

4 goals in 12 for Kristiansund  🤔 

Think it’s 4 in 15 in the league and 2 in 3 in the Norwegian Cup. Cup goals came against 3rd and 4th division sides. 

57 minutes ago, Jute said:

Think it’s 4 in 15 in the league and 2 in 3 in the Norwegian Cup. Cup goals came against 3rd and 4th division sides. 

To quote an old saying

"You can only pish wie the cock you're given" 😉

On 19/07/2024 at 06:12, OrlandoDon said:

Since Morelos was worth 20m I don’t think 25m for bojan is unreasonable.

This is it. If he played exactly the same way for either of the ugly sisters, they'd command (and get) £15M for him. Despite not having very much quality in the team around him, he still scored 26 times last season. We bought him to allow him to showcase his abilities so that he could move on a few years later. That time is now, and he has proven that he is indeed the real deal both in the Premier League and in Europe. I would hold out for a minimum £8M, but let Bologna and Genoa get into a bidding war for him 

48 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

This is it. If he played exactly the same way for either of the ugly sisters, they'd command (and get) £15M for him. Despite not having very much quality in the team around him, he still scored 26 times last season. We bought him to allow him to showcase his abilities so that he could move on a few years later. That time is now, and he has proven that he is indeed the real deal both in the Premier League and in Europe. I would hold out for a minimum £8M, but let Bologna and Genoa get into a bidding war for him 

While I agree with you it’s also in our best interest to sell him asap. Who do we start tomorrow? I’d assume sokler, does bojan even play? It almost becomes a distraction. Or do you play bojan and show case him? Then sokler is benched which doesn’t benefit us, both regarding form and attitude, and what if miovski gets injured? It’s a tightrope spud.

Pape to be used as a winger according to the P&J.

That's sorted then, they should be our transfer business concluded for this window. Can use the extra AberDNA cash to reduce the price of hospitality.

19 hours ago, Panda said:

Pape to be used as a winger according to the P&J.

I'm one of those traditionalists who prefers their wingers to be able to control and pass a ball, but what do I know.

I missed yesterday's game, but it does seem like we're missing a spark for somewhere, so hopefully we're working on wingers in the window. Hopefully, also, McGrath as a sitting midfielder alongside Shinnie is not going to be a regular occurrence (save for injuries etc) this season too. The worst thing about Warnock coming in with zero knowledge of our squad was that we had to sit through the same mistakes and experiments that we'd previously watched with Robson. Another manager coming in with the "everyone deserves another chance" message is going to make for a fairly tedious season. There are a core of not very good players in our squad. We can afford one or two of them, but there needs to be a serious cull before the start of the season, lest we're left with a batch of pish again. I'd like to see us ship several players before I'm going to grudgingly accept a guy like Morris in and around the team every week. 

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm one of those traditionalists who prefers their wingers to be able to control and pass a ball, but what do I know.

I missed yesterday's game, but it does seem like we're missing a spark for somewhere, so hopefully we're working on wingers in the window. Hopefully, also, McGrath as a sitting midfielder alongside Shinnie is not going to be a regular occurrence (save for injuries etc) this season too. The worst thing about Warnock coming in with zero knowledge of our squad was that we had to sit through the same mistakes and experiments that we'd previously watched with Robson. Another manager coming in with the "everyone deserves another chance" message is going to make for a fairly tedious season. There are a core of not very good players in our squad. We can afford one or two of them, but there needs to be a serious cull before the start of the season, lest we're left with a batch of pish again. I'd like to see us ship several players before I'm going to grudgingly accept a guy like Morris in and around the team every week. 

Yes and no. I’d like to see gueye Richardson Morris mcgarry Vinny and duk all punted asap. Add Duncan to that list. JT asked for time, a squad revamp takes time, especially when we paid over a million for this group, we need to recoup most/all of that. We have a bloated squad and have to sell before we can buy, that’s the responsible/ business approach to take as you know.

i don’t think it’s unfair to expect another right mid and center mid, but we have depth in all other areas and while that depth isn’t strong, we need to move guys on first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Yes and no. I’d like to see gueye Richardson Morris mcgarry Vinny and duk all punted asap. Add Duncan to that list. JT asked for time, a squad revamp takes time, especially when we paid over a million for this group, we need to recoup most/all of that. We have a bloated squad and have to sell before we can buy, that’s the responsible/ business approach to take as you know.

i don’t think it’s unfair to expect another right mid and center mid, but we have depth in all other areas and while that depth isn’t strong, we need to move guys on first.

Yep, I'd agree on that list. I'd maybe keep Duncan because he came through the youth and he's a top Don, but that would just be sentimentality. I'd probably add Gueye too. I agree that we should be giving him time to build a squad, but there also needs to be a bit of trust in the guys that are there already (Leven, specifically). Leven has seen enough of all of the guys that you mention to know that no manager is going to be turning all of them into world beaters overnight. I think Leven especially deserves a bit of trust and we should be speeding up the process to offload them. For me, that part is more important than the new signings. The longer it goes on without any of those guys shifted, the more it makes it seem that Thelin believes he can get something out of them, which is a little naive. We'll also have to add on top of that list, the 50% of duds that we pick up in this window. If we assume that Ambrose (just using him as an example) is pish then that's another guy we've got to waste time and minutes on to maintain some level of squad harmony. 

I would give mcgarry the season. Guy moved across the world and will have taken time to adjust. He has a bit of something and a big bit of naivity. A solid game plan should improve that.

I said it in the other thread, I don't think shinnie should be an automatic fixture in the team. People keep saying he's a winner but he was over run at East Kilbride and was involved in some big failures last year as our leader.  I can confess that he also had some great games but he should always set the tempo and too often it's found lacking. Jimmy needs to bring in some winners to give the squad a bit of a kick up the ass this year.