Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

How long's Bavidge out for? We're going to need a striker. Might have to wait for Miovski to leave before we get a proper one. In the meantime, it's either Alfie or a lamppost ahead of Gueye and Ambrose.

11 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

How long's Bavidge out for? We're going to need a striker. Might have to wait for Miovski to leave before we get a proper one. In the meantime, it's either Alfie or a lamppost ahead of Gueye and Ambrose.

Have I missed something ?

Bavidge is out ?

What's his injury ?

2 hours ago, wee toon red said:

I see there's talk that Liverpool want to loan out Ben Doak. Given our previous dealings with them, I wonder if there's any chance? Exactly the type of player we need.

Absolutely WTR, however unfortunately there is also chat that at least three Premiership teams are after him and pretty sure most Championship teams wouldn't mind getting him as well.

Shame as he'd be an exciting player to watch in red (AFC red that is) 😉

10 hours ago, BigAl said:

McGrath also into last year of contract and is another one we should be starting talking to sooner rather than later about an extension 

We have seen this one before - I think he is leaving which is a real shame as he's developed into a superb player

32 minutes ago, The Millertime said:

We have seen this one before - I think he is leaving which is a real shame as he's developed into a superb player

Think he's a cracking player,a bit under appreciated.Am a wee bit more optimistic about him staying,we'll see....

9 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Think he's a cracking player,a bit under appreciated.Am a wee bit more optimistic about him staying,we'll see....

Dunno, as I say seen it before

Which players in recent history have ran down their contracts and then extended?

1 minute ago, The Millertime said:

Dunno, as I say seen it before

Which players in recent history have ran down their contracts and then extended?

It's slightly different with a guy like McGrath though, he's of an age where he won't be getting a move to a significantly bigger club. I think he'll have other priorities, like family or maybe wanting to expand his horizons (or not) or whatever. Realistically, this is the first point at which we'd have opened talks with the change in management anyway, so I don't think it's a case of running down a contract. He's basically put himself in the position where he can expect a deserved pay rise. If his family (if he has one) are settled here, then I'd expect him to stay, but otherwise I would expect him to keep his options open and see what's out there. He doesn't owe us anything and he's not a young lad. If Thelin gets him enjoying his football then that'll have a big factor on his decision. 

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's slightly different with a guy like McGrath though, he's of an age where he won't be getting a move to a significantly bigger club. I think he'll have other priorities, like family or maybe wanting to expand his horizons (or not) or whatever. Realistically, this is the first point at which we'd have opened talks with the change in management anyway, so I don't think it's a case of running down a contract. He's basically put himself in the position where he can expect a deserved pay rise. If his family (if he has one) are settled here, then I'd expect him to stay, but otherwise I would expect him to keep his options open and see what's out there. He doesn't owe us anything and he's not a young lad. If Thelin gets him enjoying his football then that'll have a big factor on his decision. 

Yep spot on

Only thing is maybe his big chance to make "big" money

In this form, he will get a good move no problem

I really, really like him

But his mouths a bit narrow

1 hour ago, The Millertime said:

Against that, how many players have extended their contract in recent years, half way into their current deal ?

Anyone know when the tribunal is due to announce the fee that The Huns have to pay us for thon wee shite ?

Surely it should be before the end of the current transfer window 🤔

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Anyone know when the tribunal is due to announce the fee that The Huns have to pay us for thon wee shite ?

Surely it should be before the end of the current transfer window 🤔

It'll be as soon as the window closes. It's bizarre that a player can play for a club without a fee having been agreed. What if the Huns can't afford him?

36 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It'll be as soon as the window closes. It's bizarre that a player can play for a club without a fee having been agreed. What if the Huns can't afford him?

Lewis Ferguson's tribunal was heard in August so I guess it'd be roughly the same timescale?

1 minute ago, Stewart said:

Lewis Ferguson's tribunal was heard in August so I guess it'd be roughly the same timescale?

Aye, I was trying to remember how long that took. Slightly different situation though, given that we're a trusted club with over 100 years of history, not some new start with an unsustainable business model and no stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evening Express linking us with a loan move for 19 year old Chelsea midfielder Leo Castledine. As I said before woukd rather give game time to one of our own players than than develop a player for somebody else. 

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

Evening Express linking us with a loan move for 19 year old Chelsea midfielder Leo Castledine. As I said before woukd rather give game time to one of our own players than than develop a player for somebody else. 

We have noted our interest apparently.

If he moves to Scotland on loan, it is likely to be to the Huns I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Obviously the exception being Clarkson getting time ahead of Barron.