Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

1 hour ago, Panda said:

IMG_4787.thumb.jpeg.f2eacbd3295c90284aa05c75563d3cad.jpeg

Thoughts with @OrlandoDonat this difficult time.

Fuck him. And Mikey Johnson. Shayden is better anyway. In all seriousness, we have clarkson and polvara coming back, a loaner center mid is probably more realistic.

so are we linked with this Croatian guy palaversa??

Supposed to be signing soon. “City Group” player. Man City and loans till moving to Troyes. 
Could be absolute rubbish but thought I’d add it, just in case it’s not. As Panda says looks like the type of player we would be trying to sign. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Evening Express linking us with a loan move for 19 year old Chelsea midfielder Leo Castledine. As I said before woukd rather give game time to one of our own players than than develop a player for somebody else. 

As would i but we are short of midfielders with Clarkson and Polvara out for ages.  A loan makes sense if the kid is a higher standard than we have in our own youth ranks already and  especially if he gets sent back in January when Polvara and Clarkson are available again.  You could argue you could take in one midfielder on loan and still give our own youth more of an opportunity than they would have got without those injuries. 

One year deal with an option to extend it to three is a smart move.

Gives us cover for DM (although he describes himself as "a creative midfielder", young guy, is Balkan so will replace Miovski in the car pool, his name provides plenty of pun opportunities.

Winger now and we're sorted.

Edited by Panda

Interestingly he has signed from Troyes who are part of the City Football Group. I see Miovski is being heavily linked with Girona this morning who are also part of the City Football Group.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

Interestingly he has signed from Troyes who are part of the City Football Group. I see Miovski is being heavily linked with Girona this morning who are also part of the City Football Group.

That is interesting, good knowledge slim 

The one day I actually have a lengthy client meeting, I miss all the excitement.

A potentially exciting signing, not without risk, hence the structure, which should be applauded. 

Palaversa is an interesting signing. Seems like a 50/50 call but giving ourselves an out after a year looks like a wise move.

Think whoever wrote his career history for the signing announcement might need to check their calendar mind you, the dates are all over the shop 😂

2 hours ago, redordead said:

Who does he knock out of the team if he's as good as suggested?

May also suggest that McGrath will be used as a winger for the season

The way McGrath and Mackenzie are combining on the left, I dont think we need a traditional left winger. Certainly don’t think McGrath plays or is being asked to play as a winger. These two are playing well and we get good attacking width from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Looks like Miovski is all but done.

Sincerely hope we have held out for the fee we wanted and not caved in over it 🤔

The only way that would happen is if the window was about to close.  I think it will be fine 

2 hours ago, redordead said:

Who does he knock out of the team if he's as good as suggested?

May also suggest that McGrath will be used as a winger for the season

From the man himself on the Aberdeen website, he says:-

“I am mainly a number six, a holding midfielder. I also play as a number eight. I think I see myself as a creative midfielder, I like the ball at my feet and I like to play football. My passing is one of my strengths. I am happy to play wherever the manager wants me to play, and do a job for the team. I come here to prove myself, to give 100% in training every day.