Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

13 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

With ante, what’s the deal with work permit etc? I think he needs clearance, is that a quick fix? Can we expect him to be available to play this weekend??

Says on the website he "awaits his UK permit".

I imagine it will be quicker than others (from memory Miovski's took a month) as he presumably had a UK work permit at Man City.

Edited by Panda

Miovski in advanced talks with Girona, 3rd in La Liga last year. That would be quite a move for him. 
No clue what the city group is, an agreement with man city and x number of clubs? Two being Troyes and Girona I gather.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Miovski in advanced talks with Girona, 3rd in La Liga last year. That would be quite a move for him. 
No clue what the city group is, an agreement with man city and x number of clubs? Two being Troyes and Girona I gather.

The city group is all the clubs owned or partially owned by the folk who own city. Girona, Troyes, Melbourne city and New York City from the top of my head. There may well be others. An abomination in football terms.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wee toon red said:

The city group is all the clubs owned or partially owned by the folk who own city. Girona, Troyes, Melbourne city and New York City from the top of my head. There may well be others. An abomination in football terms.

City Group own 12 clubs world wide. As well as the ones listed the own clubs in Belgium Italy, India, Japan, Brazil, Uruguay and China. Have to question how they get round the club ownership rules. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jute said:

Citi Group own 12 clubs world wide. As well as the ones listed the own clubs in Belgium Italy, India, Japan, Brazil, Uruguay and China. Have to question how they get round the club ownership rules. 

Bribes 🤔

Apologies for the source but apparantly they turned down a mill from Blackburn for him.  If this happens, and I'm far from convinced given how under the radar all business under Thelin so far has been conducted, but if it does that would be some statement of intent from the club. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/topi-keskinen-aberdeen-transfer-thelin-33429092?fbclid=IwY2xjawEi03pleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHeUodMS92VJbAbLHPa7FWr1DPbxdq1PEtZFHXuFUyC2yPLeWEvA6mhOHng_aem_GRu0qbdDaqlDyZpUiQJ8_Q

48 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Apologies for the source but apparantly they turned down a mill from Blackburn for him.  If this happens, and I'm far from convinced given how under the radar all business under Thelin so far has been conducted, but if it does that would be some statement of intent from the club. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/topi-keskinen-aberdeen-transfer-thelin-33429092?fbclid=IwY2xjawEi03pleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHeUodMS92VJbAbLHPa7FWr1DPbxdq1PEtZFHXuFUyC2yPLeWEvA6mhOHng_aem_GRu0qbdDaqlDyZpUiQJ8_Q

I refused to post the link earlier 😂

Oh and like you, I'm more than a little bit cynical about the likelihood of this coming to fruition 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

You're just way classier than I am Al 😂😂

Fraid not mate

It's not like I don't have previous of posting links, Retard, The Hun, Christ even The Mail the other day 😉

Looks like from media pics of training today ante is training and #18. Can you train without work permit?? Does this mean he scores a hat trick of 30 yarders on Sunday? Watched a few clips, boys pings a lovely long ball with either foot.

If we can sign a winger, and if this Finn were to be the guy, I’m good as is with the squad. If it’s say 7m for bojan, paying 1m - 1.5m or so for this guy isn’t unreasonable or impossible, plus sell on %. We are due a big signing, especially with bojan going, I could see this happening.

JT called for patience and multiple windows, don’t really want another 10 summer signings. Work with what we have, develop a few youngsters, and work on a way to punt a few squad fillers over the next season. Maybe add a couple or loaners and develop the squad.

last point, would mind seeing sokler and gueye up front Sunday is bojan is gone. Gueye is not a window play and reminds me of JET. Could be productive…..or not.

Someone on X saying Topi to be a Don 

Translated to - 

pi Keskinen will move to the ranks of the Scottish premier league club Aberdeen. According to my information, the transfer amount is around €1M. 💰✍️

HJK also received an offer from Keskinen from MLS, but the 21-year-old's decision was to stay in Europe.

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

If we can sign a winger, and if this Finn were to be the guy, I’m good as is with the squad. If it’s say 7m for bojan, paying 1m - 1.5m or so for this guy isn’t unreasonable or impossible, plus sell on %. We are due a big signing, especially with bojan going, I could see this happening.

JT called for patience and multiple windows, don’t really want another 10 summer signings. Work with what we have, develop a few youngsters, and work on a way to punt a few squad fillers over the next season. Maybe add a couple or loaners and develop the squad.

last point, would mind seeing sokler and gueye up front Sunday is bojan is gone. Gueye is not a window play and reminds me of JET. Could be productive…..or not.

I cant say that I agree Orlando there's no in our squad. If we sign this boy and he gets injured we're in exactly the same position we are in right now. At the bare minimum we, we need another winger imo. Our squad was threadbare when we played St Johnstone and I don't see the signing of a midfielder who looks really good but has been out injured for a long spell and a highly rated winger completely solves that as some of our young lads such as Bavidge look well off it from what I've seen of them. 

Edited by KGB
Additional info

Scott Burns reporting a four-year deal for Topi Keskinen with a €1m transfer fee.

That's a statement of intent from the Dons and I fucking love it.

Edited by Panda

Sloppy journalism for the retard, reporting this will be one of our highest paid signings, referencing gilhaus, windass, and dodds as our highest. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t 1M for Paul Bernard our highest fee paid??

3 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Sloppy journalism for the retard, reporting this will be one of our highest paid signings, referencing gilhaus, windass, and dodds as our highest. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t 1M for Paul Bernard our highest fee paid??

Yep, highest fee, although Winters is arguably the highest in total. More recently, we had an apparent £900K spent on a South American superstar.

2 hours ago, KGB said:

I cant say that I agree Orlando there's no in our squad. If we sign this boy and he gets injured we're in exactly the same position we are in right now. At the bare minimum we, we need another winger imo. Our squad was threadbare when we played St Johnstone and I don't see the signing of a midfielder who looks really good but has been out injured for a long spell and a highly rated winger completely solves that as some of our young lads such as Bavidge look well off it from what I've seen of them. 

Trying to be pragmatic. Let’s sub in clarkson for miovski, and the Finn for Morris. I’d love a stronger bench but, excluding keepers, we have polvara, palaversa, Vinny, gueye, Ambrose, Morris, Jensen, Macdonald, mcgarry, Richardson, Morris, plus Duncan, Boyd, Milne, bavidge, and stewart. And duk!

many of these guys we paid for and a few i suspect are on a decent wage. While replacing a bunch immediately would be great, it’s going to take a few windows to rebuild a squad, getting rid of as well as bringing in players.

this is the patience JT asked for, and he said it would take a few windows. from what I have seen so far, I’m certainly willing to give him time.