Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

The Scottish Herald is reporting that The Daily Mail is reporting (see what I did there) Girona have met out £7M valuation for Miovski. Given who the source is, I'm not 100% certain on this. But if it's true, still gutted to lose him, but good to get this done with plenty window time left 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24511862.bojan-miovski-aberdeen-girona-transfer-windfall-revealed/#comments-anchor

Edited by Reekie_Red
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigAl said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ibane-bowat-aberdeen-transfer-fee-33444810

Up to you if you click on the link to that site, but in short written by Scott Burns stating we have agreed a fee with Fulham for Ibane Bowat, Scotland U21 intermationalist.

Two Austrian clubs also in for him  

Interesting in that he's left footed. That would perhaps signal the end of Richard Jensen (who isn't going to be happy on the bench as it'll cost him his Finland place).

41 minutes ago, Panda said:

Interesting in that he's left footed. That would perhaps signal the end of Richard Jensen (who isn't going to be happy on the bench as it'll cost him his Finland place).

That would make sense. It's a strange move though, I didn't think it would be a priority position with Molloy starting well. I've seen him briefly for the Scotland u21s, but I don't remember anything about him. I assume he'd be leaving Fulham to get regular games, and I'm not sure he'll get that here. Whilst Jensen might not be happy on the bench, he's probably first cover for left centre half, left back and sitting midfield, so it's likely he'll see plenty of game time. In theory, Milne can be the same on the right, and I think that's a nice efficient way to run a squad when there is no European fixtures and a high turnover of players. Unless this lad is more versatile than it reads, then there's a chance that he's just bulking the squad a little, which again goes back to my earlier point about offloading some of the duplicates.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That would make sense. It's a strange move though, I didn't think it would be a priority position with Molloy starting well. I've seen him briefly for the Scotland u21s, but I don't remember anything about him. I assume he'd be leaving Fulham to get regular games, and I'm not sure he'll get that here. Whilst Jensen might not be happy on the bench, he's probably first cover for left centre half, left back and sitting midfield, so it's likely he'll see plenty of game time. In theory, Milne can be the same on the right, and I think that's a nice efficient way to run a squad when there is no European fixtures and a high turnover of players. Unless this lad is more versatile than it reads, then there's a chance that he's just bulking the squad a little, which again goes back to my earlier point about offloading some of the duplicates.

Aye was going to say don’t really remember Bowat from the U21 games. Another centre back seems an odd move when we have deficiencies elsewhere in the squad. Maybe moving to 3 at the back? Left sided as well seems odd as we already have two left sided centre backs and two left backs. Seems overkill to sign a third. 

2 minutes ago, Panda said:

Apparently Bowat not happening. Presume the Austrian interest has pushed up the price. Makes sense, seemed a lot of money.

Ah ignore my previous post then.

Posted (edited)

I can only assume Jensen wants guaranteed football. I also would like more Scots in the squad so this would have been a good thing. But yes, as stated, bit of an odd one. Unless Jensen and mcgarry are moving on and he’s a left back too…..which to Rico’s point, would start the clear out of those not worth keeping.

Edited by OrlandoDon

20 hours ago, Jute said:

Coming round to the view that Sokler isn’t going to be the replacement for Miovski. Think he is a decent forward but as someone has said his best performances have come playing with Bojan as a front 2. I don’t think you can fault his work rate but he just doesn’t look like he will score many goals especially as a loan striker. Think we will need to get in another striker in to either play along side Sokler or more likely to replace him. 

Thought we'd agreed that the plan was we hold back from playing Sokler and Miovski at the same time until the deal is done, then lock Bojan in the broom cupboard and chuck Sokler on the plane.  Girona won't twig if they haven't seen them together.

Nobody tell them, mind.

• Haha 3

I'm still giving sokler time. More than capable. Miovski never scored every chance he got either. Have a bit of faith.

This topi signing though is a great statement to our rivals that we are the biggest of the rest.  Clips look great and things are coming together.

Still not too sure about defence, let's hope we can score plenty.

On 10/08/2022 at 10:28, redordead said:

if Ramirez goes ( which I hope he doesn’t ) we need another striker in as I’m still not convinced by miovski at this point and in my humble opinion DUK is the new Curtis main.

On 06/08/2022 at 16:24, redordead said:

I know we're all supposed to think miovski is brilliant but Ramirez would've had three or four from those chances so far.

On 13/07/2024 at 22:09, redordead said:

Miovski has no hold up play.

On 17/04/2023 at 20:21, redordead said:

I was just reading another article about miovski and Duk and proposed value.

Now I'm maybe being harsh because I've never rated the guy but miovski to me is little more than competent.

He's no better than Watkins really. Rarely scores from open play and his hold up is poor ( although looks to be improving since Jim left )

I'd take Cosgrove back in a heartbeat to replace him 

Duk however will be a club legend and I don't expect him to be here next year. Provided the right money comes in.  It just bugs me how miovski is being talked up. Clearly Dave after another sale.

I can't be the only one?

On 03/12/2023 at 15:45, redordead said:

Seriously. I can't believe the hype miovski gets. Anonymous then misses that chance. I've never been a fan but I'd swap him for Boyle in a heartbeat. 

Never looks like he has the heart to get to the ball first. 

On 04/11/2023 at 17:43, redordead said:

Why does miovski need twenty touches to shoot when he's 1v1 running at a centre half?

Get the fucking shot away.

On 29/10/2023 at 17:34, redordead said:

Ramirez was twice the striker miovski is. 

On 13/08/2023 at 12:23, redordead said:

Gonna be a long game

Miovski being nudged off the ball like a 12 year old. Honestly still don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be leading our line. Never gets his shot away.  Flat track bully.

On 18/03/2023 at 15:38, redordead said:

Has miovski actually had a touch yet? Still can't believe we let Ramirez go.

Thank God Duk is on fire 🔥

On 31/01/2023 at 23:46, redordead said:

This leaves us seriously short up the pitch unless miovski is suddenly going to turn into a player.

On 23/01/2023 at 21:46, redordead said:

Miovski still can't win the ball in non league.

On 18/01/2023 at 20:38, redordead said:

Miovski has no presence and is a fucking horse. Genuinely not fit to lace Cosgrove's boots. .

On 02/01/2023 at 14:09, redordead said:

I genuinely can't believe that he sacrificed Barron to keep miovski in the side. 

On 28/12/2022 at 21:07, redordead said:

IUnbelievable sub. Duncan did more in the first half than miovski has in a month. Very harsh on the boy and the team is still causing a passenger.

On 28/12/2022 at 19:37, redordead said:

I know I say this regularly but how does miovski keep his place ahead of Ramirez?

On 17/12/2022 at 13:43, redordead said:

Lack of quality from miovski is painful. I really don't see what the hype is. Nae pace, awful touch, no strength and no aggression.

Hits a decent penalty.  He's had about four balls slipped to him and lost out every time.

On 17/12/2022 at 13:04, redordead said:

Need a striker that can win and hold the ball for duk to run off. Miovski is a spectator against the decent teams. 

On 29/10/2022 at 15:59, redordead said:

No tactics other than fire it up to Duk. Miovski ( the passenger) totally fucking anonymous. 

On 22/10/2022 at 18:17, redordead said:

Big result. Great finish from miovski which was pretty much his only contribution of the day. Boy needs to seriously hit the gym.

Duk was excellent and unlucky not to score more. Thankfully the duk is on fire.

On 16/10/2022 at 17:24, redordead said:

Glad Duk continued to improve in the second half. Despite the run I thought miovski got bullied today and bottled the only real chance he had.

On 16/10/2022 at 16:25, redordead said:

Miovski still not cutting it for me. Time to get Ramirez on the pitch and make bojan earn his spot back.

On 30/08/2022 at 21:45, redordead said:

Just got in. Where's miovski?

On 27/08/2022 at 15:16, redordead said:

Were only ten minutes in I know but how the hell can't Ramirez get a game in front of miovski. He's been little below mediocre since he's arrived.

Sensational @redordead.

I mean, your takes on Miovski are wild, but gold star for consistency and refusing to accept you were wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, redordead said:

I'm still giving sokler time. More than capable. Miovski never scored every chance he got either. Have a bit of faith.

This topi signing though is a great statement to our rivals that we are the biggest of the rest.  Clips look great and things are coming together.

I’m with you, I have my fears and I expressed them yesterday, but I do want sokler to come good. I still don’t see us spending on another forward at present when we have sokler Ambrose and gueye. JT asked for time to develop the squad, I think adding a fourth striker, 5th if you include bavidge, would be reckless spending at present. 

miovski was a model pro and a tremendous signing for us. Such a likeable guy. I don’t see sokler as much different, except he maybe doesn’t smile as much. I’m so wanting him to succeed, and if we recall miovski’s first league goal for us was a penalty, I hope sokler gets a break and gets one and confidence rolls from there. FWIW, sokler is better in the air than bojan, hopefully he gets on the end of a few crosses from the new boy!

5 hours ago, redordead said:

• Like 2

On 12/08/2024 at 11:52, BigAl said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ibane-bowat-aberdeen-transfer-fee-33444810

Up to you if you click on the link to that site, but in short written by Scott Burns stating we have agreed a fee with Fulham for Ibane Bowat, Scotland U21 intermationalist.

Two Austrian clubs also in for him  

Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

1 minute ago, Panda said:

I think the Sidibeh links are a lot of nonsense, just some transfer gossip website trying to get clicks.

Could be the agent trying to drum up offers, apparently interest from Sheffield utd and QPR. He’s only been there since January and has been doing pretty well but it would be a risk as he came from non-league previous to joining St. Johnstone.