Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, redordead said:

Seen that, can't say it excites me. Seems to spend most of his time on the table.

Not overly exciting but I read it’s for a loan deal, not a permanent signing. I’d assume loan with option to buy? Did well at hibs but I really haven’t paid that much attention to know if he’s any good.  Then again, I don’t think shankland is that good but seems to be doing ok at that wee Edinburgh club.

Edited by OrlandoDon

On 03/05/2022 at 21:21, Panda said:

Kevin Nisbet got capped and he's bang average...

That was my view on Kevin Nisbet two years ago at the height of his fame and he's done nothing at Millwall to change my mind.

That said, he wouldn't be the worst signing to make.

He's probably about as good as Sokler, who - let's be honest - is probably in the average category at the moment until he proves otherwise.

While that doesn't sound like Nisbet would come in and improve us, I'd say both Sokler and Nisbet are better than Gueye and Ambrose, and therefore it would improve our options and depth, if not the starting XI.

Ideally we sign someone better than all of them, but you don't unearth a Miovski every season.

• Like 1

Yeah, not overly excited by that prospect but as you say, does improve the squad. If that’s enough to push sokler to being the striker we need, who knows. In fairness, I still don’t think his goal was off on the weekend and it was a good finish. Maybe there is hope.

7 hours ago, Panda said:

That was my view on Kevin Nisbet two years ago at the height of his fame and he's done nothing at Millwall to change my mind

In his last season, or half season, I can't remember, Nisbet bulked up considerably and started playing like an actual number nine. He was good then, and he'd very much improve our team on that form. However, it was a 6-12 month part of his career that may not ever be replicated. He's also got Hibs in him, which means he'll automatically be a lazy, overweight jakey, who'll spend more time in the physio room.

• Like 1

Seems like paper talk to me, bar keskinen which was probably leaked by Helsinki all business so far has been very discreetly done until they are in the door already.  I wouldn't necessarily be adverse to Nisbet but I'm far from convinced he would be the no 9 we are looking for. 

Can't honestly say I'm salivating at the prospect of this.

IF we are going down the loan route, I'd imagine there are better options than Nisbet tbh.

I'd also be very surprised if Jimmy even knows who Nisbet is, so very much feels like a non Jimmy target, IF indeed there is any element of truth in the rumour.

Also reading that Millwall are interested in Hib's player Bushiri, so putting two and two together Hibs are more likely his destination if coming back to Scotland. 

Can't say I ever watched Hibs much other than when they played us, but based on those games and his Scotland cameos he never really stood out for me.

Looking at the comments on him on the Millwall Forum, he really doesn't sound like someone that would fit into our playing style (or dressing room culture) and apparently turned up for pre-season a couple of stone overweight.

A poacher type player who knows when to be in the right place at the right time but doesn't run around a lot will never work while we play the way we play.

Nisbet looks like a natural finisher, but can't/won't do the chasing that NH wants

If we created multiple chances in games he'd score a lot of goals. But we don't because we can't play that way and if he doesn't score then he usually does fuck all. He needs to work harder and be a nuisance to play against or put himself about more physically. I don't think he is up to doing either, sadly.

He has got an attitude and it may not be helping him or our team.

Harris said: “All I’m going to say is I’m building a culture and an environment at the football club. The standards are set by Neil Harris and Millwall Football Club. “These are standards that I expect players to adhere to. Players will only be involved at my football club, when I’m in charge, if they hit those standards. It’s all about culture and environment. With Kevin, it’s a disciplinary matter about culture and standards. 

16 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Good move. I still think there is something there, but he needs game time. He's still young enough that he could turn out to be decent. Needs to find that ability to do those driving runs he used to do when out on his first loan. He's a big lad and with a bit of bulk added could be a great player.

Aye meant to say I thought this was good move for lad and Queens Park. I thought he looked good when he was at Peterhead on his last loan and has potential.

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

In his last season, or half season, I can't remember, Nisbet bulked up considerably and started playing like an actual number nine. 

Fun fact: Kevin Nisbet, when in Glasgow, is one of the many stars to frequent my gym alongside Philippe Clement, half the Glasgow Warriors team and that girl that was on Love Island.

I feel I can work on a fitness programme with Nisbett to help get him into the shape the Aberdeen fans demand.

4 hours ago, Slim said:

) and apparently turned up for pre-season a couple of stone overweight.

4 hours ago, Slim said:

IMG_5117.thumb.jpeg.2f272677a254a6fb66c62157f57e4336.jpeg

Shit, my "walk 30 minutes then run for two minutes if the walk hasn't knackered you" workout ain't shifting that timber.

• Haha 3

This is not a player that could be brought straight into the first team if that pic is recent.  As I said, I've got a feeling/increasing by the day hope that this is just paper talk. 

Edited by tlg1903

Assuming that’s an accurate and recent pic, he’s no where near in the condition to play the way JT wants.

our transfers have been private, plus creative. This seems lazy. I just don’t see truth in this one, as has been said, is he any better than sokler? As much as there was probably nothing in the st johnstone player rumor, he at least was something different….and fit.

from what we see, Ambrose and gueye aren’t good enough to be our main starter, and questions being asked of sokler. If we do sign a forward it makes no sense to sign a mother back up or work in progress player. Needs to be a fit and ready starter.

I see according to someone on Twitter, we’ve been linked with Marcus you is from WSW here in the a league. Know he was highly rated but can’t remember why he didn’t play more last season. I know a few fell out with the then manager (who was a dodgy cunt), so may have been that. He’s also been linked with PSV and Hamburg. He plays on the right wing. 

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

I see according to someone on Twitter, we’ve been linked with Marcus you is from WSW here in the a league. Know he was highly rated but can’t remember why he didn’t play more last season. I know a few fell out with the then manager (who was a dodgy cunt), so may have been that. He’s also been linked with PSV and Hamburg. He plays on the right wing. 

Would be a good move if true. Younis has been a regular in the Aussie youth teams. I remember seeing him play against the Wellington Phoenix last season, he was good in a largely forgettable WSW performance. He might not be ready for our first team quite yet, but bring him in and train him for a year before bringing him in next season 

• Like 1

Jensen out on loan, bit surprised at that given we’re linked/the gossip is we are looking to bring in a defender. I’d assume that it has to be pretty near to a new arrival is we’re letting Jensen go.

Hope we get the Aussie in, I’d like to see Keskinen and vinnie wide tomorrow and him being competition to them in the future. Think Connie got a good kick up the arse, and when clarkson is fit McGrath can also play on the left (or right) too.

im warming to Kevin Nisbet, he gets in shape while sokler is given the opportunity to be our 9. Nisbet was a proven success in Scotland and has lost his way, motivated to play and get back into the Scotland squad. Good age too. Loan deal is low risk high reward.