Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

Seeing this morning he’s on his way up for a medical and his loan is agreed. Anyone got anything positive to say about this? Proven success up here, although just one season for the most part with hibs I think. something that is a factor to me, he’s Scottish, need that in our team!

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Seeing this morning he’s on his way up for a medical and his loan is agreed. Anyone got anything positive to say about this? Proven success up here, although just one season for the most part with hibs I think. something that is a factor to me, he’s Scottish, need that in our team!

Well put it this way, if we're being honest here, our fight is with Hearts for third, and possibly Hibs, United, Killie should they step up.

I'd argue a fully fit and on form Kevin Nisbet is at least on a par with Shankland, and better than what the others have.

He's worth a chance. Now someone hurry up and come up with a chant for him.

26 minutes ago, Panda said:

Well put it this way, if we're being honest here, our fight is with Hearts for third, and possibly Hibs, United, Killie should they step up.

I'd argue a fully fit and on form Kevin Nisbet is at least on a par with Shankland, and better than what the others have.

He's worth a chance. Now someone hurry up and come up with a chant for him.

I’d compare it to signing Adam Rooney (arguably better given his previous price tag.) Not a glamor striker but good and effective for our league. Wonder if it’s loan with a fee agreed for a permanent transfer?? Plus another player, maybe in the ante situation, who is keen to get back to fitness and form and has a point to prove.

while not a bojan glamor foreigner, it’s signing a good Scottish player which is a good thing.

Pretty underwhelmed by this 2bh, I agree that he's a solid striker at this level but I question the boys professionalism.  That said, he's 27 now and maybe the penny has dropped that he doesn't have too long left in the game to make something resembling an impact on it.  If that's the case and he comes in with an improved attitude this may yet prove a shrewd bit of business because he defo knows where the net is.  I'm interested if we have an option to make it permanent or if this is seen as a stop gap from the outset. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Pretty underwhelmed by this 2bh, I agree that he's a solid striker at this level but I question the boys professionalism.  That said, he's 27 now and maybe the penny has dropped that he doesn't have too long left in the game to make something resembling an impact on it.  If that's the case and he comes in with an improved attitude this may yet prove a shrewd bit of business because he defo knows where the net is.  I'm interested if we have an option to make it permanent or if this is seen as a stop gap from the outset. 

What’s the attitude concern? Rumors of being overweight and not coming back in shape but is this a career thing? Maybe a Lawrence shankland situation where the penny finally drops and he focuses on footie??

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

What’s the attitude concern? 

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-nisbet-banished-millwall-squad-095944473.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC88B8bRshRN1TRmvjelGGu94alEJUUBd-N2WAzyCkgXvnL_kR7EYKc59p7tVQwmnDlaF-5JmpyAqbbDVlYN_tWIgUv3hJ1MdGSW3LhvxJjNOE4JpWH7Xf8Z-h23DQqjBFa5Pyhx0bsKOBIYROhcGy1qkxFXq1PNQovlHxHWJnyw

Scotland striker Kevin Nisbet was yesterday bombed out of Millwall's squad over a disciplinary issue.

The frontman arrived from Hibs in a £2million move last summer but missed a chunk of his debut campaign in the English Championship through a serious hamstring injury. Now back fit, Nisbet could be considered one of Steve Clarke's wildcard options ahead of this summer's Euros in Germany.

But the 27-year-old - who has scored five goals for the Lions this season - was dropped from yesterday's matchday squad for the final day 1-0 win over Swansea City. Boss Neil Harris revealed the ex-Dunfermline star was banished due to an internal club matter, with on-loan Burnley ace Michael Obafemi also axed.

Yet while Irish international Obafemi won't be returning to the Den next season, Harris insisted Nisbet does have a big future at the club - despite the off-field issue.

He said: "All I’m going to say is I’m building a culture and an environment at the football club. The standards are set by Neil Harris and Millwall Football Club. These are standards that I expect players to adhere to. Players will only be involved at my football club, when I’m in charge, if they hit those standards. It’s all about culture and environment.

"Michael has done brilliantly for us on loan and we’re really thankful for his efforts. He didn’t feature for us off the bench the other day and he wasn’t going to feature today. I’d rather play our own players who have trained impeccably.

"And secondly, with Kevin, it’s a disciplinary matter about culture and standards. There’s no bigger problem moving forward. Kevin is a huge part of our football club moving forward. But it wasn’t right to involve him today so I went with the group that I did."

Still no broom cupboard or scarf above the head pictures but quotes now being attributed to him online 

As reported earlier, the deal is done 

Welcome to Pittodrie Kevin Nisbet 

13 minutes ago, Panda said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-nisbet-banished-millwall-squad-095944473.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC88B8bRshRN1TRmvjelGGu94alEJUUBd-N2WAzyCkgXvnL_kR7EYKc59p7tVQwmnDlaF-5JmpyAqbbDVlYN_tWIgUv3hJ1MdGSW3LhvxJjNOE4JpWH7Xf8Z-h23DQqjBFa5Pyhx0bsKOBIYROhcGy1qkxFXq1PNQovlHxHWJnyw

Scotland striker Kevin Nisbet was yesterday bombed out of Millwall's squad over a disciplinary issue.

The frontman arrived from Hibs in a £2million move last summer but missed a chunk of his debut campaign in the English Championship through a serious hamstring injury. Now back fit, Nisbet could be considered one of Steve Clarke's wildcard options ahead of this summer's Euros in Germany.

But the 27-year-old - who has scored five goals for the Lions this season - was dropped from yesterday's matchday squad for the final day 1-0 win over Swansea City. Boss Neil Harris revealed the ex-Dunfermline star was banished due to an internal club matter, with on-loan Burnley ace Michael Obafemi also axed.

Yet while Irish international Obafemi won't be returning to the Den next season, Harris insisted Nisbet does have a big future at the club - despite the off-field issue.

He said: "All I’m going to say is I’m building a culture and an environment at the football club. The standards are set by Neil Harris and Millwall Football Club. These are standards that I expect players to adhere to. Players will only be involved at my football club, when I’m in charge, if they hit those standards. It’s all about culture and environment.

"Michael has done brilliantly for us on loan and we’re really thankful for his efforts. He didn’t feature for us off the bench the other day and he wasn’t going to feature today. I’d rather play our own players who have trained impeccably.

"And secondly, with Kevin, it’s a disciplinary matter about culture and standards. There’s no bigger problem moving forward. Kevin is a huge part of our football club moving forward. But it wasn’t right to involve him today so I went with the group that I did."

So is it a Millwall issue or has he had this issue at other clubs? Without further info we do not know, clash with the manager etc…..

if it was ongoing repeatedly at clubs I’d get it, but haven’t heard this from his previous clubs??

37 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Still no broom cupboard or scarf above the head pictures but quotes now being attributed to him online 

As reported earlier, the deal is done 

Welcome to Pittodrie Kevin Nisbet 

Aberdeen announced it an hour ago..

28 minutes ago, Panda said:

Aberdeen announced it an hour ago..

And...

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Medical passed.

Into squad for tomorrow and provided paperwork goes through in time in line for debut👍

Oh and Panda, I have no desire to go down the same path as last evening rising to your bait, don't waste your time mate

I have no intention of awaiting your smart arse response 

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

And given I posted this well over an hour ago, what exactly is your point 🤔 

Well you posted the below..⬇️ 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Unless I've picked you up wrong, you were saying the club hadn't confirmed it. I pointed out they had.

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Oh and Panda, I have no desire to go down the same path as last evening rising to your bait, don't waste your time mate

I have no intention of awaiting your smart arse response 

I've no idea what you're on about 🤷‍♂️

Just watched the red tv interview, seems pretty enthusiastic and eager to play for us, get back into the Scotland squad etc. says he’s fit and raring to go. 
he’s not bojan, but as I said already, a little bit like signing Adam Rooney. I think he’s a goal scorer and will do well. Certainly makes me hope a permanent signing agreement is in place if we choose that option.

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

Well you posted the below..⬇️ 

Unless I've picked you up wrong, you were saying the club hadn't confirmed it. I pointed out they had.

I've no idea what you're on about 🤷‍♂️

Because at the point I said about no broom cupboard picture l, there actually wasn't anything on the official site to confirm the deal was done 

9 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Because at the point I said about no broom cupboard picture l, there actually wasn't anything on the official site to confirm the deal was done 

They'd posted it on twitter at 5pm. Your post was well after that. I was simply pointing it out to you as presumably you hadn't noticed it. It's really not that big a deal.

IMG_5214.jpeg.6984c8f5dbbfadbc94b3be032aac6534.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Panda said:

They'd posted it on twitter at 5pm. Your post was well after that. I was simply pointing it out to you as presumably you hadn't noticed it. It's really not that big a deal.

IMG_5214.jpeg.6984c8f5dbbfadbc94b3be032aac6534.jpeg

Maybe I don't do Twitter

Up to you to provide the proof 🙄

I'm not going to lie, I amongst others have supported this site financially for many years and you are absolutely the first member to make me think seriously about it.

Don't waste your time with a response.

I've got better things to do at his time and stage in my life.

If Nisbet can stay fit he will score goals goals for us it’s is however a big if. Think we have the players to provide him with chances.

With Nisbet arriving got to assume Bavidge at least will be going out on loan  hopefully to a championship club to get game time he needs to develop. Would also consider getting Ambrose out on loan to see if he can adapt to game in this country. 

27 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Think I saw on the BBC gossip a few days back that Caley were sniffing about a loan for Bavidge.

Bavidge already had a year in league 1 at Kelty where he did well so would hope he would get a go at a higher level this season. Also Caley sound like they are a shambles at the moment so not sure that would right move for him. 

Just watched the red tv interview, seems pretty enthusiastic and eager to play for us, get back into the Scotland squad etc. says he’s fit and raring to go. 
he’s not bojan, but as I said already, a little bit like signing Adam Rooney. I think he’s a goal scorer and will do well. No pre agreed option to buy from what I read.