Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer 2024 transfer window

18 hours ago, Panda said:

Seeing a lot of shouts for Ambrose to go out on loan but I'd be surprised at that.

If he goes out on loan it'll be January, and only if he isn't getting game time.

Right now not only is he getting some minutes, he's only just arrived. How can the guy settle in the city and at the club if he's shipped out on loan five minutes after arriving?

With Nisbet, Sokler and probably Gueye all ahead of him I think Ambrose at 22 would benefit from going on loan to give him game time and get him used to the game here. 

On 24/08/2024 at 20:57, Jute said:

Bavidge already had a year in league 1 at Kelty where he did well so would hope he would get a go at a higher level this season. Also Caley sound like they are a shambles at the moment so not sure that would right move for him. 

ICT have massively got their house in order the past few weeks. I think it might be a decent move for him now. 

48 minutes ago, Jute said:

With Nisbet, Sokler and probably Gueye all ahead of him I think Ambrose at 22 would benefit from going on loan to give him game time and get him used to the game here. 

In January maybe if he's not playing.

But he is playing just now. He's not started a game yet, but he's featured in all eight games. It makes sense for him to at least train with the team, get to know how Thelin operates, actually settle in to the club, then if Thelin feels he can't give him much game time send him on loan in January.

10 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

ICT have massively got their house in order the past few weeks. I think it might be a decent move for him now. 

did I hear right,they got a £3m investment from somewhere? If not,what have they done to sort themselves out.They were looking a bit basket case-ish a couple of months ago

9 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

did I hear right,they got a £3m investment from somewhere? If not,what have they done to sort themselves out.They were looking a bit basket case-ish a couple of months ago

Aye they have got that, apparantly fergie donated cash to it as well.  

The big news is former chairman Alan Savage is back in charge of the club and was key in securing the investment.  I don't think it's a long term move for him, he's just in charge until he can find someone suitable to take on the job.  As an Invernesian I was pretty worried about ICT, it would have been a disaster for the town and the highlands in general if the club had gone to wall. All the fans I know are very relieved right now, fingers crossed they get straight back up this season and hopefully back up to the top flight in due course.  

Looks like that's us done then.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/08/30/deadline-day-update/

Following the conclusion of the summer transfer window we can now provide the following update to supporters.

Defender Jayden Richardson has left the Club.

The right-back, who arrived at Aberdeen in the summer of 2022 from Nottingham Forest but following loan periods at Stockport County and Colchester United last season has struggled to find game time since the start of this season. The 23-year-old made 24 appearances for the Dons.

With eight summer arrivals, the departure of Jayden draws to a close our transfer activity for this window.

“We would like to wish Jayden the best of luck with his future career and I would like to thank him for his effort and professionalism during his time here”, said Dons boss Jimmy Thelin.

“In terms of deadline day, the process of adding any new recruits has ended.

“It is important to maintain calm and focus and only add players who can enhance our current squad and build long term value for Aberdeen.

“I am very pleased with the response from the players already at the Club, and our new players have integrated well, building strong foundations which will continue to grow over the weeks and months ahead.

“Overall, we are satisfied with the business we have done over this summer. We have added some exciting options and the work on improving the squad will be on-going as we prepare for January and Summer 2025.

“Our full attention now turns to the match tomorrow against Ross County and we look forward to another impressive backing from the supporters in Dingwall.”

Fair enough I suppose, a bit light in defence but manageable. Scandinavian leagues finish in about 6 weeks so maybe a chance to pick up a free agent or two while the window is closed.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Following the conclusion of the summer transfer window we can now provide the following update to supporters.

Defender Jayden Richardson has left the Club.

Justifiable use of the "like a new signing" line

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panda said:

IMG_5384.thumb.jpeg.85d76bf674f5156cdfd806e6f4bf5353.jpeg

So that's our squad, plus cameos from a few of the younger players.

It's fine. On paper, better than what we had last season even without Miovski.

Disagree that squad is stronger. Think first XI is strong but the cover is still pretty weak. However accept squad depth was never going to be sorted in one window. 

Slightly different take on the window, Stewart, Roos, and Richardson all gone, 3 players who I don’t think were good enough for our first team. Roos was a good shot stopper but very weak with a high ball and poor off his line.

throw in Ryan Duncan out on loan, not sure he’ll be good enough for us but the right move sending him on loan. Jensen is average and no loss if we don’t see him back.

Thelin said it would take time, the next few months may well determine the dons futures of mcgarry, morris, gueye, and Vinny. Perhaps even add sokler and Ambrose to that list. Think Vinny and gueye have certainly bought themselves a bit of time, but these guys are squad players who either need to improve or be moved on.

suspect Macdonald will move on at Xmas or next summer due to a lack of playing time. Hope duk does not return and maybe we get a few pounds for him, but his behavior has certain reduced his value.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Bavidge to Ayr United confirmed. 

Decent move for him and should help him develop further. 

He looks a wee bit like a young Damon Albarn with his hair like that 🤔

Good move for the kid, the championship is so competitive. 

2 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

He looks a wee bit like a young Damon Albarn with his hair like that 🤔

Aye, it'll be interesting to see how it works out for him. He can be a bit tender at times, I expect that's because he grew up in a house, a very big house in the country.

Edited by RicoS321
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, it'll be interesting to see how it works out for him. He can be a bit tender at times, I expect that's because he grew up in a house, a very big house in the country.

Possibly, or maybe he's just figured out modern life is rubbish dead early.  

• Like 2

On 31/08/2024 at 08:56, Panda said:

IMG_5384.thumb.jpeg.85d76bf674f5156cdfd806e6f4bf5353.jpeg

So that's our squad, plus cameos from a few of the younger players.

It's fine. On paper, better than what we had last season even without Miovski.

I for one am glad Vinnie has (a) been given a chance to prove himself and (b) seems to have somewhat taken that chance.

I am still perplexed as to what the club is doing with Duk. The guy is a petulant wee brat who has lost the support of the Red Army. Very strange that absolutely nothing happened with him whilst the window was open - not even a release from his contract