Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Summer 2024 transfer window

3 hours ago, SeeBass said:

What are others thinking with regard to Duk's future?  I'm so sad his second season didn't live up to the debut campaign.

Want to see the guy succeed.

Did the adulation one got from us the fans in 2022-23 go to his head a bit and he became too complacent?  

Think it’s a bit of everything :

- manager turned to shite

- didn’t get the move he probably thought he was going to get

- believed his own hype

robson ruined plenty so I’d hope that Thelin might be able to get a return to his previous form. I’d like to sell as soon as we can to get at least a return on our investment though.

5 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Would people genuinely hate Bojan if he did join either Celtic or Rangers?

Depends.

Theo Snelders, Neale Cooper, Jonny Hayes and Super Joe Miller all did it and remain revered up here.

Ryan Jack & Charlie Mulgrew though. Think it's more than they're both pricks rather than the clubs they played for.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Panda said:

Depends.

Theo Snelders, Neale Cooper, Jonny Hayes and Super Joe Miller all did it and remain revered up here.

Ryan Jack & Charlie Mulgrew though. Think it's more than they're both pricks rather than the clubs they played for.

I wouldn’t hate bojan, a very likeable guy. Plus I think he knows the dislike we have for rangers. As mentioned, he has two years left, I doubt the huns or tims would be willing to pay 10M plus and I think that’s what we demand from them. Unless it’s 5m plus scales, ralston, Forrest, welsh, etc, a legit package deal. Not saying just these guys but a significant amount plus a couple of players, one being scales……although pretty sure we can’t afford their wages.

I truly think he goes to a top European league, wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Rama to Italy. Ferguson and Rama have been greatly successful over there, as did hickey, doig too, eyes from Italy watch the Scottish game.

Edited by OrlandoDon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BigAl said:

Not going to happen

We are NOT selling to either of the cheeks, a player with two years left on a contract and for whom they won't be prepared to pay full value.

This, I just can't see Cormack selling to them.  

That said if he went to the huns he would be dead to me, as would Cormack for allowing it. 

On 12/06/2024 at 12:11, Jute said:

If it is true take the fee and tell them to ram their £500k for McCrorie. 

Fuckin' right. Barron's a decent prospect, with still a fair bit of deficiencies in his game. Won't get the game time, to develop, he needs at the huns as their followers won't allow it. IF he goes there he'll end up no more than a journeyman lower premier/championship player at best. See the balmedie hun as an example.

BUT we can present the ridiculous price they're putting on a 26 year old goal keeper with about 30 top flight games played and use it to compare it to the 21 year old midfielder with 70 odd top flight appearances for the "independent" panel that decides the fee. 

Looking at the website, have we also signed a Nigerian striker? 

Edit: it appears under the Molloy story. Peter Ambrose. I'm guessing they meant to announce on social media at the same time 

Edited by RicoS321

Nice. They lack a lot of details in these articles. How big is the centre half, how old are they? Ambrose coming from Hungary means our data should be reasonably accurate, given Ramadani and Miovski came from that league.

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Looks like Peter Ambrose is the younger brother of ex Celt and Hibbie efe ambrose. Not that it means anything!

Are you sure? Not seen any mention of that anywhere. He'd be thirteen years younger than him, not that it's impossible. You'd have thought the BBC or someone else would have mentioned it.

• Like 1

If Barron has half a brain look at Ferguson, Rama, hickey, and Doig. And Ryan jack, Robertson, Wright etc., learn from them all and go abroad and develop. I also think his style of play is more suited to European football, he’s not the biggest, tallest, quickest, playing in a European league may be a better fit than the physical demands and pace of Scottish football. Plus, go to the Huns he’ll be hated, that has to be in the back of your mind surely. Every club has its idiots and he’d be a target every game.

Spent the last 20 mins watching highlights of Ambrose. Looks like he’s a 6ft/6’1 target man/#9, much like what I think we all thought gueye would be. Seems to have good touch, fast, and strong. Intriguing signing.

as was commented, comes from the same league as miovski and Rama who both played for MTK. Bojan scored 15 in 56 games for them over two seasons, Ambrose with 9 in 31 games…..not sure of the stat accuracy. Both mtk and ujpest are mid/lower table teams.

looks promising, especially hearing he was in demand.

Posted (edited)

Interesting interviews from the two new boys. Molloy a left central defender who has also played left back and center mid, says he’s a passing type who loves a tackle. Seems mature for his age, quite experienced playing first team, and leadership discussed. Talked about Ambrose above, keen to see him play. Have to assume that he’s not efe’s brother, would have surely had that referenced in the interview as a family member already having played in Scotland.

didnt think much about either signing yesterday but quite intrigued by both now. Also interesting to hear the comments about the new manager, seems to have been busy. 

Edited by OrlandoDon