Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Jamie McGrath

I'm not sure we could have sewn it up in the summer after the basket case of a season we had culminating with the fucking tourist. Hardly grounds to extend for a few years when you have a talent and can do better. 

Our only hope I think is the stability and progress we have clearly made since can convince him we are worth staying at.  Sadly though if the tims are interested he will go, he probably is  a Tim as his family were over for the game Saturday which he seemed very chuffed about. I know it was a big game and they could have just been there anyway but it is an easy one to speculate on. 

• Like 1

I think what hurts us is that he is a natural #10 being played out of position. He’s done well at left mid and that allows clarkson, even gueye at 10. We also dont have a topi equivalent to play on the left, hence it’s McGrath. 

sell clarkson or gueye and commit to McGrath at 10 may make a difference, but to be fair to mcgrath, he’s 28 and has to take a big pay day if offered.

would be sad to lose him but does this put Lennon miller, Lyle Cameron, or the young guy at killie on our radar as replacement?? I’m sure there’s another topi out the too.

I'm not convinced that the "big money" offers will be there for McGrath. He's spent his entire career - barring four appearances - in the League of Ireland and Scotland and although he's having a good season so far, I don't see Celtic or anyone bigger than Aberdeen being all that interested.

Possibly wishful thinking but if we continue to make progress under Jimmy and can offer McGrath an upgraded contract then I don't see why he wouldn't re-sign.

1 minute ago, wee toon red said:

I'm not convinced that the "big money" offers will be there for McGrath. He's spent his entire career - barring four appearances - in the League of Ireland and Scotland and although he's having a good season so far, I don't see Celtic or anyone bigger than Aberdeen being all that interested.

Possibly wishful thinking but if we continue to make progress under Jimmy and can offer McGrath an upgraded contract then I don't see why he wouldn't re-sign.

You could be right, but replace McGrath's name with McCowan or Hayes and the above would have been applicable to both before they went there. He might even feel he wants another shot down South, although I don't think his game is necessarily suited to the level of team he'd get. 

Or maybe he's just waiting for his hat trick against the Huns before announcing his three year deal.