Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

League Cup Season 2024/25

• 2 weeks later...

Home v Queens Park next round,who are currently no mugs,but as good a draw as we could have hoped

Celtic v Hibernian

Dundee Utd v St Mirren

Falkirk v Hearts

Dundee v Airdrieonians

Motherwell v Kilmarnock

Sevco v St Johnstone

Spartans v Ross County.

Edited by Elgindon

7 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Home to Queens Park in the next round.  And in news that will shock no-one, the bigots have both been drawn at home.

Technically Rangers are at Hampden...

Which poses the question - if Rangers' temporary stay there becomes long term, where does the semi & final get played if Rangers make it that far?

In 1994, Celtic played their home games at Hampden. Both the semi (v Aberdeen) and final (v Raith) were played at Ibrox so that Celtic didn't get an advantage (the Scottish Cup final did get played at Hampden, which was criticised). 

Should Aberdeen draw a Rangers in the semi at the start of November, we would have every right to demand it's at Murrayfield. 

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

Which poses the question - if Rangers' temporary stay there becomes long term, where does the semi & final get played if Rangers make it that far?

In 1994, Celtic played their home games at Hampden. Both the semi (v Aberdeen) and final (v Raith) were played at Ibrox so that Celtic didn't get an advantage (the Scottish Cup final did get played at Hampden, which was criticised). 

Should Aberdeen draw a Rangers in the semi at the start of November, we would have every right to demand it's at Murrayfield. 

Doesn't matter where they are actually playing, they had yet another home draw!  As regards your final point the SFA will respond with hahahahaha and lower our allocation for being frivolous 😄.

59 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Doesn't matter where they are actually playing, they had yet another home be  draw!  As regards your final point the SFA will respond with hahahahaha and lower our allocation for being frivolous 😄.

Not to mention the two goal handicap, guaranteed reds for Shinnie & Ruby and the 93rd minute offside goal or penalty for them.

In short, we'll possibly be up against it 😉 

14 hours ago, Panda said:

Only draw back with that is Murrayfield is being used that weekend for Autumn test against Fiji. 

However do agree that Hampden shouldn’t be used if Huns make semi finals and the cunts are still playing there.

8 hours ago, Jute said:

Only draw back with that is Murrayfield is being used that weekend for Autumn test against Fiji. 

Tannadice it is then. Hopefully we get the Shed.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2024 at 17:17, Elgindon said:

Home v Queens Park next round,who are currently no mugs,but as good a draw as we could have hoped

Celtic v Hibernian

Dundee Utd v St Mirren

Falkirk v Hearts

Dundee v Airdrieonians

Motherwell v Kilmarnock

Sevco v St Johnstone

Spartans v Ross County.

Home to Spartans, the gruesome twosome also at home.

Edited by dons8321

Was listening to the draw, Richard Gordon announced Aberdeen v Celtic at first.

"Sorry, my producer is having a joke at my expense. It's Aberdeen v The Spartans."

Definitely prefer the corrected version!

45 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Home to Spartans

Called it on the match thread after yesterday afternoon's game, although did later change it to hoping we got the Huns :wanker: on account of them probably being an easier proposition 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Called it on the match thread after yesterday afternoon's game, although did later change it to hoping we got the Huns :wanker: on account of them probably being an easier proposition 😉

Reminds me of '14 when we got a series of draws against "inferior" opposition...so DU in the semi and Sevco in the final to continue the sequence?

17 hours ago, Panda said:

"Sorry, my producer is having a joke at my expense. It's Aberdeen v The Spartans."

Producer should be sacked on the spot for subjecting my child to my tantrum at us drawing Celtic.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Panda said:

Was clearly a joke, Celtic would never be drawn away

• Like 1
  • Haha 2