Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Jimmy Thelin

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

What I'm reading from this is that you're very happy with Jayden Richardson, and would maybe even like us to build our team around him. 

Like a new signing! Forgot about him. Unfortunately Anthony Stewart is out of contract.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigAl said:

Had a very discussion in work yesterday. If either of the bigots had appointed Thelin it would have been described as a bold and innovative move in the press but when it’s one of the diddy clubs it’s a huge gamble because we went outside the old boys club of managers who fail repeatedly. 

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, I sense trouble brewing TLG 😲

A quick search shows an existing Jimmy Thelin thread close to the top of page two.

The pedantic ones amongst us will have a meltdown 😂

40 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Oh dear, I sense trouble brewing TLG 😲

A quick search shows an existing Jimmy Thelin thread close to the top of page two.

The pedantic ones amongst us will have a meltdown 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

Someone told me he's now on holiday?? 

Saw that mentioned elsewhere but nothing official. Not really an issue as most players are on holiday at the moment so no work to be done with existing players and signings are supposed to be done by the recruitment team now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

He's been in the building since Monday and still no Red TV interview.  I'm a bit surprised by that. 

On 16/04/2024 at 22:05, DonsTalk Admin said:

On 17/04/2024 at 00:53, tlg1903 said:

Found the interview a wee bit cringe 2bh 

This is why. You moaned about the last one so the club have gone in a huff.

We probably won't hear from him until September now.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Panda said:

We probably won't hear from him until September now

You think he'll still be here in September? That's a good sign.

Anytime I start a new job, I put my start date back by a week if possible. It's good to come in fresh.

• 2 months later...

So what's everyone's thoughts on the Gaffer so far then?  

I was cautiously optimistic about the appointment after looking at his record and I was particularly encouraged when I heard he was something of geek from a Swedish journo. Since then he has hugely grown on me I have to say. He's always calm and forthright, the team is shaping up quite nicely under him so far, he showed against St J he's tactically flexible and clearly the players like playing for him and his coaching staff. 

B+ on his report card, so far so good. 

He’s done everything that has been asked of him and I can’t ask for more than that. He’s had a very favourable run but you can only beat what’s in front of you and seems to fostering a good team ethic and unity. The fact we’ve even seen Vinny not only make a return but score a goal speaks volumes of the vibe around the club right now. 

intrigued to see how he developed the squad and I’m quietly excited about it all.

think your B+ is fair. Still have concerns around depth on the wing and upfront in particular, but it’s a solid start.

Done everything asked, won every game, and it’s clear he’s implementing a culture and style, not just coaching a team. Players seem happy, positivity around the place, the one player he’s known and signed seems a good addition, and in game management he’s had a couple of games where half time adjustments were needed and he did just that.

i think an A is fair, can’t be A+ since performances haven’t been perfect. B+ is a little harsh, what else are you expecting from him/what else could he have done?

6 wins out of 6. Don't care if 3 of those came against part-timers. His team is on a run. 

They'll be defeated soon, it's to be expected. It's how they respond to multiple defeats that interests me. Stephen Glass' team had a great start, and ultimately lost all confidence. 

But Thelin said right at the start its a 3 year job to turn things around. We need to give him those 3 years in full if we are to break this horrible cycle 

• Like 1