Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Hutchison and Shore To Hearts

Can I ask a simple question or two.

Why is two of the Women's side best players in Bayley and Eilidh leaving to sign their first full-time contracts at Tynecastle?

I thought we were going full hog and making all the ladies proper professionals?

Is this the only reason they've left or am I missing something?

Edited by SeeBass
Spelling error

• SeeBass changed the title to Hutchison and Shore To Hearts
9 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Can I ask a simple question or two.

Why is two of the Women's side best players in Bayley and Eilidh leaving to sign their first full-time contracts at Tynecastle?

I thought we were going full hog and making all the ladies proper professionals?

Is this the only reason they've left or am I missing something?

Bayley is one of the best strikers in the league, and the Dons aren't a proper full time team yet. Hearts are probably 2-3 seasons ahead of where the Dons are, so definitely a better club for progressing. The jambo scum were allowing her time to finish her studies, while being full time. She'll end up playing for Scotland in time I expect. Eilidh Shore is also a good player, still young and needs a full time club to progress. I expect it'll be the way of things until they establish themselves as a full time team if that's what they want to do. Other than loanees and a small number of signings, pretty much every Dons player comes through their youth setup, and the quality seems to be better each year. They'll probably struggle this season with those two gone though, it'll be interesting to see how they cope, or if other players might look elsewhere too.