Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Queen of the South v Dons

Game day and no match thread. Can see everyone is buzzing for the season to start. Going to be interesting to see how we line up for this. Expecting Mitov to start in goal. I think it will be a back 4 of Devlin Rubi McDonald and Jensen. Not sure if Nilsen will be suspended for this as he was sent off for Brann recently or if that will carry over to the league campaign so suspect we might have Shinnie, McGrath and Clarkson in the middle of midfield. Width again is the issue that jumps out as the major weakness in squad. I would go with Ryan Duncan on the left and Besuijen on the right but only because we don’t have much else. I expect Sokler to start up front. The kick off time and issues with trains mean there is no chance of getting to this from Edinburgh so I will be watching on TV.

Oot

Local game

In front of tv

flat

3-0 Sokler, Besuijen and McGrath

Apparently Shinnie is suspended for today. Missed that when I looked earlier. So is Miovski so even if we weren’t protecting him for his sale he couldn’t play. Hopefully Nilsen’s suspension is for league or we are looking a bit lightweight in midfield. 

21 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Not even a countdown timer on the page. Pretty disgusting. I had to check elsewhere for the game time.

This.  How are we meant to know there's a game on?  Next we'll be getting told there's a delay in pie shipments and we'll have to play our remaining games at Hampden.

• Like 1

I fully expect width to come from Morris and Vinny, think Morris got an assist on at least one of the goals against peterhead?

im saying 3-1 us, sokler clarkson McGrath.

while quiet here of late, very excited to see how we perform under JT and looking forward to the new season. No pressure of immediate European games helps the manager get settled IMHO, and while it’s not friendlies, the league cup is good prep for a new manager as he brings in players to build a team for the league. Really like his interviews, comes across as experienced and intelligent, and not the typical comments of a Scottish manager. Haven’t heard him say are you with me yet, but I’ll give him time.

• Like 1

IMG_4066.thumb.jpeg.d8942a39776552acf33db6852867f201.jpeg

No Miovski. 

Morris starts. Be interesting to see in what position because by the looks of it I don't see anyone to play on the left, unless Sokler is.

Vinnie on the bench.

34 minutes ago, Panda said:

Think it was an old suspension list that was doing the rounds.

The latest one doesn't have Shinnie or Miovski suspended.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/10960/los01-spfl-shfl-slfl-13-july-2023.pdf

That list is dated July 2023. Very odd. Shinnie was definitely booked in semi final and final so that used to be a suspension for next seasons cup.

• Like 1

Being realistic, QOS are weak. But very positive signs so far. Lots of little mistakes but it’s still only our second ‘preseason’ game. Sivert has made mistakes but he’s still very new, but a leader who wants the ball. Definitely takes the pressure off shinnie. Molloy not fully convincing but he’s young, new, and it’s preseason.

Give sokler 15 mins to get the hat trick then let’s see Ambrose. Would also like to see Vinny and Boyd get a good 30 mins.