Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

East Kilbride v Aberdeen

I remember fondly when we last were in the group stages, and sensibly we just had one League Cup thread going. 

Now here we are less than 24 hours before we play *checks notes* East Kilbride, and there's no match thread.

Would say Sokler's two goals v QOTS should see him keep his starting spot, but hope Miovski is at least on the bench.

I think we all know what happened when we went down the single thread route. An absolute embarrassment. A fresh start required, and fantastic to see the East Kilbride (?) game immortalised. Fans will look back at this one in decades to come and remember that it had its own thread. 

Also, I hope Miovski is on a plane to Italy, with £8M coming the other way, and staying as far away from the pitch as possible lest he gets injured. Big Gueye to start and slaughter these weegie minkers.

3 hours ago, Panda said:

I remember fondly when we last were in the group stages, and sensibly we just had one League Cup thread going. 

Now here we are less than 24 hours before we play *checks notes* East Kilbride, and there's no match thread.

Would say Sokler's two goals v QOTS should see him keep his starting spot, but hope Miovski is at least on the bench.

Disgraceful.

Manc has a lot to answer for.

Had managed to get a ticket for this but due to wife deceitfully getting out of hospital after her knee op today I have had to get rid of it. Gutted to say the least. Starting 11 did enough last week to start against a team who lost 8 goals in mid week. Really should be looking to thrash this mob,

Oot

collecting daughter from rehearsals 

Stream hopefully

flat 

1-0 Sokler

That's very much a pre-season team. Makes sense, any team we put out should be winning comfortably.

Win 8-0 with your strongest team or win 3-0 with getting minutes into the legs of your fringe players and having a good look at them and seeing if they can maybe system; namely Besuijen, MacDonald and Doohan.

This is the type of grown up thinking we've longed for.

I’d speculate sivert may have moving day? Very quick turn around for the guy to sign play move etc.

I like the idea of a competitive look at players but that’s two in a row for Morris. Surely signing a right winger is priority, plus give Morris the competition to want to work harder and improve.

2 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Hmm. Bit light weight normally I'd say,but worth a run out.Besuijen on the wing,or beside/behind Sokler?

Was thinking that too, McGrath was left mid last week and I’d said before Vinny is a better 10 than winger. Expect to see them in both today.

An East Kilbride player skins two of our players before sending a ball to the back post that should have been buried. A little unnerving.

Have weathered the early storm that you have to endure when you come to Glasgow though.

A lovely finish from Jamie McGrath there, who actually appears to be playing a deeper role alongside Shinnie.

Very much Thelin rating him but not knowing where to play him?

That was flat. How many of our balls out from the back were blocked?  It's slack as fuck. We don't look much better than EK at this point. 

It's early days but a lot of last season in that half.  

Half time, 2 up, would be nice to go for it in the second and really try to bang in a few. We’ve paced ourselves, can certainly go up a gear or two.

very poor coverage, said already, seems to be one camera on the half way line. With my eyes on an iPhone, hard to watch!!

there’s no sub I’m excited to see. No real quality squad depth. No legit flair or creativity we can bring on. When we’re chasing a game who are our game changers?? Haven’t seen much from clarkson so far, perhaps give Boyd 30 mins or so? No fresh winger to come on, signings needed.

RE McGrath, I think he’s a legit 10 but I think that’s where thelin sees clarkson. The balance of the team last week was better, shinnie and sivert work.

So far for me the best thing about this afternoon is that I didn't get a ticket for this game 

Surely to fuck we will come out of pre season mode and wake up in the second half.