Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

LC - Dons vs Airdrie

Rightly or wrongly, this is still our pre-season so three wins from three is all we're looking for. Airdrie are a decent outfit but it's encouraging to see the team getting tweaked at half time and improving immediately, exactly what you'd hope for as the players work in a new system.

Surely we'll get some more players coming in once Bojan's exit is finalised so on that basis I'm not hugely worried about Morris starting at the moment.

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Hancock undoubtedly had a point to prove last night and certainly did look impressive.

Sure he picked up a bad injury, whilst out on loan during his last season with us. Obviously someone made the decision not to give him another year at that time.

Yep, that was basically the situation. I think he'll have wanted guaranteed game time too, and we wanted Milne to come through, with Hancock just being in that grey area between not being quite good enough to throw in, but too good to not be playing somewhere. It's always difficult, especially when you're trying to challenge for Europe and managers are frightened to lose games (and their careers). We're always going to miss one or two, and I think Hancock will get a good move this season. Our problems are compounded by getting absolute dross like McGurry and Richardson in, who are supposed to be upgrades but end up not only being worse than going with youth, but also prevent that youth product from getting minutes because we feel obliged to play the new guys. The three minute cameo could have gone to Boyd, as opposed to Ambrose, last night as an example.

13 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

We're always going to miss one or two, and I think Hancock will get a good move this season. 

Read elsewhere last night that Hearts have been sniffing around and had a £200k offer knocked back.

Could be and probably is complete shite, but I agree with you in that if he plays to that level week in week out, he'll get a move

26 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Read elsewhere last night that Hearts have been sniffing around and had a £200k offer knocked back.

Could be and probably is complete shite, but I agree with you in that if he plays to that level week in week out, he'll get a move

With Cochrane moving on, it wouldn't surprise me. He was a little suspect defensively at times yesterday, but a good player who'll definitely step up a level.