Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

LC - Dons vs Dumbarton

Was great seeing the turnaround after the first half of pish against Airdrie. In theory this should be an easier task but nevertheless I think Thelin will take his professional approach. Another few days of being under his stewardship, the players should have a bit more of an understanding as to what he’s trying to achieve.  It is concerning that it took miovski coming on to turn it around though as Sokler didn’t seem up to it, but he should have the confidence from his first game or two. Really hope that if we are to lose miovski it’s sooner rather than later as we’ll need to unearth someone better than sokler. 

anyway, they’ve lost all their games, albeit they were unlucky against airdrie but we should win this comfortably.

out

bed

bed

day of birthday parties

3-0, Rubi, Shinnie , sokler

Harsh on sokler. Why do you say he wasn’t up for it? He missed a great chance at the end of the first half (bojan has missed plenty of chances too) but first half the entire team wasnt great. Second half with bojan on he had a different role. 

Saturday 5-0 us. Sokler 2, McGrath, Ambrose and ruby.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Harsh on sokler. Why do you say he wasn’t up for it? He missed a great chance at the end of the first half (bojan has missed plenty of chances too) but first half the entire team wasnt great. Second half with bojan on he had a different role. 

Saturday 5-0 us. Sokler 2, McGrath, Ambrose and ruby.

I don't entirely disagree, Sokler was okay and had he scored his chance, nobody would have been questioning him. That said, there was a complete change when Miovski came on, that lifted the entire team. It's probably not as obvious on the telly, but he just dictates that whole part of the pitch with his movement and link up - the other players just come with him, when Miovski moves, everyone does. There's a huge part to Miovski's game, that isn't just scoring goals, that Sokler doesn't have at all. I don't think he'll get it either. He's an intelligent enough player, like Mackie or May, but lacks the quality and doesn't inspire in the way Miovski does. I feel sorry for him, he's the striker equivalent of Porterfield coming in after Ferguson. I think the fans will have to accept that we're going to take a hit in that area regardless of who we get, and we need to show patience. If Sokler is our best option this season, then we're going to need to be very shrewd in other areas to get the best out of him. That doesn't involve Shayden Morris, whose leaving the pitch also gave the team a big lift. 

• Like 1

Sokler has had very little opportunity to perform, build confidence and rhythm, and he’s finding his feet with the new manager and style of play. 
miovski can do now wrong right now. Great two years and being linked to all sorts of moves. Everyone got a boost from him.

sokler may not be the answer but as I’ve said before, I do rate him, give the guy some time. Miovski wasn’t a stud from day one.

saw my mate Mikey Johnson play for the Tim’s against man city, worth a look? He’s not getting time there once the season starts, loan with guaranteed permanent signing included in the loan deal??

30 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

saw my mate Mikey Johnson play for the Tim’s against man city, worth a look? He’s not getting time there once the season starts, loan with guaranteed permanent signing included in the loan deal??

Not a chance O.D

Johnston played 20 odd games for WBA on loan for second half of the season and claimed a Championship Player Of The Month during that time, meaning that it highly likely, if he leaves Victim FC, he'll be headed for a club near the top of the Championship at worst 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see if the team that starts tomorrow is the one likely to start v St Johnstone.

Am I right in thinking Nilsen is suspended v St Johnstone following on from SK Brann (He picked up two yellow cards in the first 10 mins v Bodo/Glimt in his final game there. We stupidly signed him on the 11th - he could have served his suspension with Brann on the 13th).

So Thelin might want to test his likely midfield combo for that one, which means we could have another Jensen or McGrath experiment there (or Jack Milne?). I would guess Nilsen will start just to get him more acquainted with the team but will be an early substitution.

Angus MacDonald also suspended, but of course is injured anyway.

Sokler will do well to start again. Unless a move for Miovski is imminent, you want to get 90 minutes in his legs ahead of the opening day of the season when - if he's still here - he should start.

Would expect there to be changes from Tuesday. Would like to see Miovski start and Sokler wide right. Dumbarton looked shit in highlights  I watched. Even with a weakened team would expect us to win comfortably. 

oot

Flat

Local game

Flat

3-0 Miovski x 3

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Be interesting to see if the team that starts tomorrow is the one likely to start v St Johnstone.

Am I right in thinking Nilsen is suspended v St Johnstone following on from SK Brann (He picked up two yellow cards in the first 10 mins v Bodo/Glimt in his final game there. We stupidly signed him on the 11th - he could have served his suspension with Brann on the 13th).

So Thelin might want to test his likely midfield combo for that one, which means we could have another Jensen or McGrath experiment there (or Jack Milne?). I would guess Nilsen will start just to get him more acquainted with the team but will be an early substitution.

Angus MacDonald also suspended, but of course is injured anyway.

Sokler will do well to start again. Unless a move for Miovski is imminent, you want to get 90 minutes in his legs ahead of the opening day of the season when - if he's still here - he should start.

Think he is as long as Norwegian FA have advised SFA of the sending off. 

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

Would like to see Miovski start and Sokler wide right.

I'm hoping we don't see Sokler out wide, I'd rather we didn't get into the habit of it and start pretending he might be able to play there. Obviously not being Morris is a huge plus point that contradicts what I've just said. Sokler is okay there, but we need to be aiming for someone good in that role as it could be key this season. I just fear that Sokler will get shoehorned in there until January, regardless of the Miovski situation.

7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm hoping we don't see Sokler out wide, I'd rather we didn't get into the habit of it and start pretending he might be able to play there. Obviously not being Morris is a huge plus point that contradicts what I've just said. Sokler is okay there, but we need to be aiming for someone good in that role as it could be key this season. I just fear that Sokler will get shoehorned in there until January, regardless of the Miovski situation.

I probably should have said the main reason for wanting Sokler on the right was so that Morris isn’t. Agree that we should be looking to get in a wide player as soon as possible and would not be happy at Sokler being passed off as the solution. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jute said:

I probably should have said the main reason for wanting Sokler on the right was so that Morris isn’t. Agree that we should be looking to get in a wide player as soon as possible and would not be happy at Sokler being passed off as the solution. 

Personally, I'd like to see Duncan or Boyd (or Marshall?) given a start in the wide role. We're playing Dumbarton, and we only need a draw. We need to see how capable our team is in terms of carrying a player, because given the state of the squad, we'll need to learn how to! 

Not surprised. Our best 11 at present assuming miovski is off ski. Got to build chemistry, and games like this can only help morris, sokler etc with confidence….although it’s on the assumption they play well. 

Morris starting a fourth game in a row is sensational patter.

I imagine he's just a lovely guy that trains hard, and the managers and coaching staff just want him to be happy, so pick him because they don't want to face those puppy dog eyes and let him down.

2 minutes ago, Panda said:

Morris starting a fourth game in a row is sensational patter.

I imagine he's just a lovely guy that trains hard, and the managers and coaching staff just want him to be happy, so pick him because they don't want to face those puppy dog eyes and let him down.

What other option do we have?? I think we all share the same feelings re morris but what’s the alternative? Sokler wide, Boyd? developing another player to play out of position? Duncan who has pretty much done nothing when given plenty of chances? I’d like to see gueye wide to see what he can do, but I have little expectation or hope that there is quality there.

right mid has to be the #1 signing priority.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

What other option do we have?? I think we all share the same feelings re morris but what’s the alternative? Sokler wide, Boyd? developing another player to play out of position? Duncan who has pretty much done nothing when given plenty of chances? I’d like to see gueye wide to see what he can do, but I have little expectation or hope that there is quality there.

right mid has to be the #1 signing priority.

There's four players on the bench I'd rather see start wide today. None of them I currently see as long term options, but Morris we already know won't be good enough when the quality of opposition goes up.

Pape, Vinnie, Duncan and even McGarry as a left winger would be more interesting than watching Morris run in a straight line to the byline and try and win corners.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Panda said:

There's four players on the bench I'd rather see start wide today. None of them I currently see as long term options, but Morris we already know won't be good enough when the quality of opposition goes up.

Pape, Vinnie, Duncan and even McGarry as a left winger would be more interesting than watching Morris run in a straight line to the byline and try and win corners.

Well that was crap. No clue what clarkson is doing today. Out wide, deep, but in the 10 is where he is effective. 

morris is piss but he’s shown he’s more effective than Duncan or Vinny, plus Mcgarry at left wing doesn’t solve right mid…..or are you saying throw McGrath to the right? 
would like to see gueye given 45 mins. No clue if he’s capable of anything.

13 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Thelin can defo give a ht team talk

I'm guessing obviously, but he comes across as the type of manager who rather than going into the dressing room and berating everyone, just calmly explains how we should do things better.

• Like 2