Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

St Johnstone v Aberdeen - new season optimism?

What's the general consensus on streaming the Dons over the course of a season? Is there generally decent coverage to be had between the various illicit channels, or is it usually patchy and drops out? I can't stand watching streams that freeze or such like, it has me on edge for the whole time, but I'm struggling to justify the £200+ for Red TV international for the 12 or so games I watch. I don't mind paying a one-off (although £15 is steeper than I thought!) to the shitey sky now and again for likes of tonight's game, but I don't want a subscription ideally. I watch mainly on my PC, leaving the proper telly for the wife and kids.

Anyway, Morris hat trick tonight in a 3-4 match, with a Molloy wonderstrike sealing victory in the 103rd minute.

Fawanews is where I stream games,...normally good quality picture,but you often have to refresh a few times during a game. Not aware of other sites,and not techy enough for Firestick? VPNs etc whatever they are...

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 2

IMG_4755.thumb.jpeg.0a827cf94dd1c1cab7d2515ceb17962f.jpeg

Miovski starts. Presumably Sokler out wide. 

Great to see the black and gold. Just adds to the occasion.

Edit: Alfie Stewart on the bench, 17-year-old. Left footed. Versatile in that he's played left-back, centre mid, as a right winger and as a No.10. 

Edited by Panda

Think Sokler is fairly limited as a wide player, so a bit of a shame if he's punted out there, but needs must. The alternative would be Miovski in behind Sokler, which he is very capable of playing. 

Probably take Stewart on for Miovski at 0-3.

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

Fawanews is where I stream games,...normally good quality picture,but you often have to refresh a few times during a game. Not aware of other sites,and not techy enough for Firestick? VPNs etc whatever they are...

Cheers. I panicked and went for the Now TV stream. First game of the season and all that. I'll stream the next one once our bubble is completely burst around game 3.

good first half, one up but could be more. Sivert and shinnie look solid in the middle, sivert a little soft on passes at times. Molloy has been good, and we’re passing the ball reasonably well. Morris hasnt been bad but his decision making is poor. 
hopefully get a second and kick on. 
Have to add, miovski looks different class at times. Hasn’t scored but increasing in value if you ask me!

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that we're winning the league.

Decent half. Molloy looking good at the back, Mitov is going to be good. Nilsen and Shinnie a good combination, Shinnie been excellent. Sokler and Miovski combining well, with Sokler just lacking the quality (although most would look shite alongside Miovski, even one who's pulling out of every challenge!). McGrath playing well, just doing his usual. Morris had a couple of good runs, but he's definitely the weak link. He's had the ball in some great areas, but is just frightened to get his head down and charge. His first action is always to panic, then react. If he wasn't quick, we wouldn't be having a Morris based discussion, as he has no other defining abilities.

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

I think it's safe to say that we're winning the league.

Decent half. Molloy looking good at the back, Mitov is going to be good. Nilsen and Shinnie a good combination, Shinnie been excellent. Sokler and Miovski combining well, with Sokler just lacking the quality (although most would look shite alongside Miovski, even one who's pulling out of every challenge!). McGrath playing well, just doing his usual. Morris had a couple of good runs, but he's definitely the weak link. He's had the ball in some great areas, but is just frightened to get his head down and charge. His first action is always to panic, then react. If he wasn't quick, we wouldn't be having a Morris based discussion, as he has no other defining abilities.

Much like Joe Lewis, great to have a keeper who comes off his line to attack a high ball without shitting himself!

Despite the OG, Molloy was very good. Today showed we have little off the bench, gueye has potential centrally but slick him out wide we get nothing. Ambrose is struggling. We needed to replace Morris with a right mid, and needed another center mid to come on to see the game out (replacing bojan.)

team looks decent and JT era has potential, but we need some signings!

Good win. We made it a lot harder than it needed to be, with a mix of poor finishing and a bit of unavoidable bad luck for Molloy, who played well. The subs were poor when they came on. Ambrose looks rubbish, and Gueye will cause problems up until the point he's required to use his feet. We tired a lot it seemed, and Shinnie gave away a few sloppy ones at the end after having a great game otherwise. Hopefully Sokler isn't too injured, as he played well. Morris was okay in the second and probably did enough not to be cannoned into the moon. Saints are likely to be the worst team we face this season though.

Subs highlight the complete lack of quality in the squad outside of first 11. We lost control of the game as soon as they came on. Move for second goal was brilliant. Agree Morris was slightly better in second half but overall he does need replaced as we are unlikely to face a team as poor as that every week and he was poor in the first half which would have been exploited by a better team. Was impressed with Nilsen, McGrath and Shinnie in midfield although he probably needed taken off once he ran out of steam but there was nobody on bench to replace him. 

Thought we were very good for about half an hour. Then got dominated. Which shouldn't have happened. 

A lot of miovski praise but for me he should've added to the score but bottled the challenge to get in. 

Solid three points to start but work to be done. 

Morris at times looked great. Taking people's on and getting in the box. Final ball needs work. 

Great second goal. Well worked and finished.

Edited by redordead

54 minutes ago, redordead said:

Thought we were very good for about half an hour. Then got dominated. Which shouldn't have happened. 

A lot of miovski praise but for me he should've added to the score but bottled the challenge to get in. 

Solid three points to start but work to be done. 

Morris at times looked great. Taking people's on and getting in the box. Final ball needs work. 

Great second goal. Well worked and finished.

Don’t agree morris looked great at times, I thought he made the wrong decision almost every time. Why the fuck goes a guy with great pace not go outside and hit space every time?? And for a guy with so called lightening pace he never blew by anyone once. He’s a low IQ football player who really needs confidence, getting both improved to get the most out of him will be very difficult. if we have to keep him he’s a super sub, throw him in when we need something or have nothing to lose, but tonight if he had brains and balls he scores and or assists on maybe 3??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Happy enough with that half. Miovski is a fantastic player. Cannot believe we have not had a bid for him yet. 

We have. £3M from Espanyol. Which was wildly below our valuation. We rightly told them to get in el mar