Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Dons vs st mirren

Bye bye Bojan, it has truly been a pleasure.   I'm sure you weren't the only person inside Pittodrie with a tear in their eye today. 

Great result, not overly delighted with the performance which I felt was patchy but overall, comedy defending for their goal aside, we were fairly comfortable at least.  Looking forward to seeing what Palaversa and Keskinen are going to bring because it's defo going to be something we don't have currently. Hopefully they will both be available for Queens Park next week but even if they are not they will surely be in for Killie at home the week after.  Pleased to see Gueye and Vinny score and what a ball in from Shinnie for Vinnie's btw. 

^^Quite a pleasing bottom 3

Just back.A good three points,as much to do with St Mirren being poor than us being good,but we had enough about us to get the win.Am hopeful the 2 new(preferably more) signings will lift the general quality of our play,bring out more from some of the existing players.Got to also allow bedding in time for new system/manager

Liking the look of Nilsen more.Morris looked lively initially but lost his way,Pape has the ability to make you think he has something about him,and then look like a donkey,but in both cases am not writing them off.Most of the rest of the players got just about pass marks,no more.

Ref was a twat

3 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

^^Quite a pleasing bottom 3

Just back.A good three points,as much to do with St Mirren being poor than us being good,but we had enough about us to get the win.Am hopeful the 2 new(preferably more) signings will lift the general quality of our play,bring out more from some of the existing players.Got to also allow bedding in time for new system/manager

Liking the look of Nilsen more.Morris looked lively initially but lost his way,Pape has the ability to make you think he has something about him,and then look like a donkey,but in both cases am not writing them off.Most of the rest of the players got just about pass marks,no more.

Ref was a twat

To be fair, st mirren are what most of our league are, it’s a poor league. Maybe hearts are decent but other than the old firm, this is what we play most weeks. All winnable game as long as we show up. 
One game a week really helps JT do some work and develop the team. Add a decent winger, we have depth in center mid once clarkson and polvara are fit, we just need a center forward scoring goals. Hope it’s sokler but he needs to fire league goals quickly or his confidence will go.

Have only watched the highlights as was in Edinburgh today for the Fringe, but from what I saw..

Rubezic is a likeable lad but - certainly at the moment - he's not good enough. His positioning is woeful. Would still like to see another centre half signed. 

Stephen Robinson the first of what will be many managers this season giving it the "we controlled the game" patter, not realising this is just how Jimmy Thelin likes it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Panda said:

Stephen Robinson the first of what will be many managers this season giving it the "we controlled the game" patter, not realising this is just how Jimmy Thelin likes it. 

I'm fairly certain that if you know, so does Robinson. He's just pandering to his own fans, he'll know they were convincingly beaten and offered little.

Anyway, we were quite good in spells. Shinnie (legs gone etc) motm, he was excellent, especially his cross. McGrath and Nilsen also good and as was Devlin. Morris nearly had me fooled for around six minutes until he remembered he was shite. Sokler was poor, and hasn't done much to show that he can get anywhere near replacing Miovski - his best performances all coming alongside Miovski. Gueye was below average, and the subs are nothing players more generally. We need to offload several players, we can't be keeping guys like Vinny, Morris, Gueye and Ambrose content all season. I'm not saying get rid of all, but the process has to begin, it's simply a case of picking one or two and shifting them on, it's much and such the same who comes off the bench. When Miovski leaves, we'll be replacing him and that replacement will be ahead of Sokler, Gueye and Ambrose for a single position (we'll move to a 4-2-3-1, I expect, when Clarkson or the new guy are fit). We can't sustain that number of average players in the squad.

• Like 1