Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

LC - Dons vs Queens Park

The traditional single thread, now officially Rico approved given we're out of the league stages for this weekends game against Queens Park. I don't think their name will ever not given me the fear from all those years ago. Still blame some of the Globe Reds for convincing me it was a good idea to go after work !

They scored plenty during their league cup mini league, so goals aren't an issue. They have dried up a wee bit since they started their league campaign though, although maybe a bit harsh given they've played one of the favourites and Livi in their first two games.

I'm expecting nothing but professionalism here and tbh just want us to progress. Interested to see if either of the recent new signings make an appearance or we stick with the winning team. I'd hope with the latter and phase them in accordingly. Given it's at home, we probably have a bit more leeway than playing away. Regardless, i'm excited to see what they can bring.

Any idea on ticket sales for this one? 

Out

Bed

Bed (hopefully)

Snowboarding (hopefully)

2-0, Shinnie and Mackenzie

12 hours ago, manc_don said:

The traditional single thread, now officially Rico approved given we're out of the league stages for this weekends game against Queens Park. I don't think their name will ever not given me the fear from all those years ago. Still blame some of the Globe Reds for convincing me it was a good idea to go after work !

They scored plenty during their league cup mini league, so goals aren't an issue. They have dried up a wee bit since they started their league campaign though, although maybe a bit harsh given they've played one of the favourites and Livi in their first two games.

I'm expecting nothing but professionalism here and tbh just want us to progress. Interested to see if either of the recent new signings make an appearance or we stick with the winning team. I'd hope with the latter and phase them in accordingly. Given it's at home, we probably have a bit more leeway than playing away. Regardless, i'm excited to see what they can bring.

Any idea on ticket sales for this one? 

Out

Bed

Bed (hopefully)

Snowboarding (hopefully)

2-0, Shinnie and Mackenzie

Looks around 10k at this stage

Oot - Wedding up North

Prediction - 3 - 1 Dons. McGrath x2,Gueye

I expect Topi to start in place of Morris, McGrath moved to the right as he was when Vinny came on last week. I also expect/hope to see Ante play but I’m thinking he comes off the bench. Good game for both of them to make debuts.

team more or less picks itself, confidence is increasing, expect a good performance. Ideally we get a shut out, two conceded in league play and both somewhat avoidable. That needs improved.

3-0 us. Sokler 2 and McGrath.

Be interesting to see if Keskinen starts. He hasn't played since 27 July according to soccerbase so might be rusty, but Thelin might give him an hour to get up to speed.

Palaversa I think may actually need a pre-season behind him first, but be good to at least give him 20 minutes so that everyone can say he's not up to it like they did Nilsen.

18 hours ago, Panda said:

Be interesting to see if Keskinen starts. He hasn't played since 27 July according to soccerbase so might be rusty, but Thelin might give him an hour to get up to speed.

Palaversa I think may actually need a pre-season behind him first, but be good to at least give him 20 minutes so that everyone can say he's not up to it like they did Nilsen.

Do we even know if they have work permits yet? 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Do we even know if they have work permits yet? 

The Aberdeen website is saying both are in line to make their debut. 

We'll find out for sure when Jimmy Thelin does his press conference today.

Just watched Thelins presser, both are in the squad and I'm quite surprised at how excited I am to see these guys in red. So given that, fully expect season ending injuries to both of them because that's how life normally works for me 😂😂😂

Be interesting to see if we stick with the winning team or if the manger uses cup as an excuse to drop Gueye and Morris. Would not expect Queens Park to be as good as Airdrie who we played in group stages. We should be able to win this comfortably enough as long as we approach it in the correct manner. 

oot

flat

local game

flat

3-0 Sokler McGrath Shinnie.

I think morris is dropped for topi and McGrath is on the right. Think gueye keeps his starting place. Wondering if shinnie or sivert gets rested for ante, but unlikely. Think we see ante in the second half. 
3-0, changing my scorers, sokler topi and McGrath.

IMG_5058.thumb.jpeg.df11bd285fe9eaca01be8abc542d44ed.jpeg

Milne picked ahead of MacDonald a big call, although as posted a few weeks ago I don't think MacDonald fits into Thelin's plans.

Morris again lucky to start. I think what goes in his favour is his fitness, because Vinnie and Keskinen likely can't play 90 minutes yet.

Sokler needs a goal.

Good to see Milne play, keen to see what he can do in one of his more natural positions.

to be fair to be morris, he’s been less shite than expected and has a goal and assists this season. He’s a confidence player so tough on him if dropped. Still, he is shite and hopefully is fazed out.

It's all a bit Stephen Glass isn't it? Passing it about, dominating possession, but very few chances and shaky at the back.

Gueye and Sokler are very good link-up men but we need one of them to be scoring.