Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

LC - Dons vs Queens Park

16 hours ago, Slim said:

Keskinen seemed to look more dangerous in the middle than out wide. I don’t think he’ll be the out and out winger we were expecting. Vinny played well I thought other than some brainfart decision making.

There is absolutely no danger we saw enough of him in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch to make a judgement on what his best position is. Not even close. 

56 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

There is absolutely no danger we saw enough of him in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch to make a judgement on what his best position is. Not even close. 

I think it's healthy, on a football forum, to give a first impression of someone based on the small amount of evidence available. If it turns out to be wrong, then nobody loses anything. I think he looked like a wide player that likes to drift in field a lot, like McGrath, and perhaps adopt a sort of free role. If that doesn't suit our system, then he'll be instructed to remain wide. I think it's easily soon enough to say that he clearly has football intelligence and workrate, and I'm certain he's going to be a great addition. 

At Helsinki he played predominantly left wing but is right footed, so is naturally going to drift inside.

I think under Thelin you're seeing he likes his wide players cutting in and the full backs overlapping. Except Morris, who actually is the only one who plays as an out and out winger. That might be because he can only run in a straight line.

16 minutes ago, Panda said:

At Helsinki he played predominantly left wing but is right footed, so is naturally going to drift inside.

I think under Thelin you're seeing he likes his wide players cutting in and the full backs overlapping. Except Morris, who actually is the only one who plays as an out and out winger. That might be because he can only run in a straight line.

Ha! Morris cuts inside a lot, one of my major frustrations with a player with supposed blazing speed who should be able to take anyone on the outside.

i was meh on Topi yesterday. Nice finish but he didn’t really do anything spectacular, but I had no expectation on him yesterday. Give the boy time to settle and I’m optimistic based on the clips I’ve seen that he’ll be a good signing.