Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Fuck right off Killie cunts

If you can't handle the demands, then don't play European football.

Don't remember them complaining when we came back from playing in Europe on a Thursday night and having to play them on the Sunday 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Panda said:

Starting this early because it may actually be postponed.

Killie considering asking for help with their European tie.

IMG_5082.thumb.png.20e289687fda91f88a19f52f5ece884b.png

It may benefit Killie however it would fuck up folk who have already booked travel and some who may have already had to re book after game moved once already. 

Anyway FC Copenhagen will fuck them home and away even with a rest so it’s a waste of time anyway. 

Only occasion i can recall such a thing happening was to apparently help SEVCO beat Parma (ended up losing 3-0 at Ibrox) and Scotland in some qualifying game (believe a similar result was had).

Story sounds like social media baiting to me and I'd argue its a counterproductive strategy. 

Have an extra day off yes but if Killie get dicked 5-0 in the first leg it lets the disappointment and anger fester in the players minds so much longer. 

A little surprised killie asking for help. Only fair if they do it to all clubs in Europe every year, or perhaps if a team reaches a euro semi and the ‘country’ is supporting them!

dont recall getting an sympathy from anyone last year…

I actually wouldn't be adverse to granting them it.   The best thing to happen to Scottish football since the play offs came in has been 3rd place getting guaranteed group stage football but we do need teams to perform in Europe to keep it.  It would be better for the coefficient to have 4 Scottish clubs in the the group stages than 3 even if it is a long shot.

• Like 1

As @Jutesays, it's already been moved once, to move it a second time fucks Aberdeen up (club would have to refund corporate hospitality and tickets sold, would cost us £thousands) and inconveniences the support, many of whom will have booked supporters buses.

They should have put any request in before the game was moved to the Sunday. And "considering requesting a postponement" means they haven't even done it yet.

So I fully expect it to be rejected, and for Killie bloggers and podcasters to lose their shit.

8 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I actually wouldn't be adverse to granting them it.   The best thing to happen to Scottish football since the play offs came in has been 3rd place getting guaranteed group stage football but we do need teams to perform in Europe to keep it.  It would be better for the coefficient to have 4 Scottish clubs in the the group stages than 3 even if it is a long shot.

If they had made the request as soon as they got through, I'd be more sympathetic.

It's been three days, a new date for the game has been announced, and they're now just considering a request.

15 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Apparently we had it moved for the sociedad game but I can’t really remember that. I’m not against it, but needs to be agreed early doors, not just prior. It’s been moved once, suck it up. 

Would that be the Sociedad game that took place before the league season started?

Dons lost 3-2 on the Thursday then 3-0 the following sunday in the league opener with the arabs

Edited by tom_widdows
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Would that be the Sociedad game that took place before the league season started?

Dons lost 3-2 on the Thursday then 3-0 the following sunday in the league opener with the arabs

It was due to be played after second leg and we asked it be postponed due to heavy run of fixtures. 

• Like 1

Kilmarnock have every right to request a postponement, and I'm not against them doing so. Their reasons are valid.

It's the timing that's the issue. They should have made the request before the second leg with Tromso was played, and then an agreement could have been put in place in the event they won. Instead they've waited until three days after the game to come up with the idea.

Aberdeen will piss off a lot of their own fans if they agree to it now. You can't postpone it six days before the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Kilmarnock have every right to request a postponement, and I'm not against them doing so. Their reasons are valid

They haven't though, they've leaked to the press that they "might" request a postponement six days before a match, setting the Dons up to be the bad guys when they correctly tell them to fuck off. Although I assume we just won't respond unless they actually request postponement. Bit of mind games too, I guess, setting up both excuses and trying to keep the Dons guessing on whether they'll rest players or giving us false confidence in that we might be playing a team that's shattered. 

The notion that teams should help other teams in Europe is dogshite anyway. The group stages are an absolute disaster, that give clubs obscene amounts of cash in return for them unnecessarily running with massive squads. Teams experiencing it either for the first time, or as a one off event, have to run the gauntlet of trying to do three times as much recruitment as normal, making it more likely that they'll make an arse of it and be lumped with shite players on long deals (that happens anyway, but the groups exacerbate the problem significantly). If Scottish football decided that it would equitably share European prize funds then we could talk seriously about trying to get the best outcome for all teams, but that isn't on the table. 

My attitude towards the co-efficient is that it can get fucked. All it does is help the Old Firm line their pockets with mad Champions League money which I don't think does our league any favours. I was quite happy to see St Mirren and Killie doing well in Europe but I can't pretend I care about the co-efficient when I enjoy seeing Celtic and Rangers lose as much as I do. I will never want either of them to win any game ever. 

• Like 1

Having thought about this a little, how hard would it be for the SPFL to schedule games between the teams who are looking to qualify for Europe between each other in between qualifying weeks. If Kilmarnock had been scheduled to play Hearts this weekend it could have been mutually beneficial to call the game off. I know there’s no guarantee teams like Kilmarnock will make it through to this stage of qualification but it would make sense to try to plan for it if we are saying that it’s beneficial to have a good coefficient. 

56 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Having thought about this a little, how hard would it be for the SPFL to schedule games between the teams who are looking to qualify for Europe between each other in between qualifying weeks. If Kilmarnock had been scheduled to play Hearts this weekend it could have been mutually beneficial to call the game off. I know there’s no guarantee teams like Kilmarnock will make it through to this stage of qualification but it would make sense to try to plan for it if we are saying that it’s beneficial to have a good coefficient. 

I don't think they could plan for every eventuality, because some games are on Tuesday, and St Mirren might have got through instead of, or as well as, Kilmarnock. That said, you're right, they knew Hearts were playing in Europe this week and they could have just made an assumption that the next best placed team in the league would maybe get the furthest and so have arranged for them to be playing each other.  

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

My attitude towards the co-efficient is that it can get fucked. All it does is help the Old Firm line their pockets with mad Champions League money which I don't think does our league any favours. I was quite happy to see St Mirren and Killie doing well in Europe but I can't pretend I care about the co-efficient when I enjoy seeing Celtic and Rangers lose as much as I do. I will never want either of them to win any game ever. 

The coefficient is fine for Aberdeen as long as it doesn't get too good or too bad.

Until such time Aberdeen become good enough to realistically be able to finish in the top two, then Scotland being ranked 11th or 12th is ideal. Neither of the Old Firm have guaranteed Champions League football, but third/cup win will have guaranteed group stage football.

We're currently due to finish 16th at the end of the season. We'll be down to just four European entrants. While 12th is probably out of reach, 13th - 15th at least keeps us at five teams.

Denmark are 14th, so Kilmarnock knocking them out would actually be a a decent result for Scotland.

I think we’ll give them a decent spanking. They haven’t started the league well, out the cup, I expect a loss in Europe, and already fatigue appears to be an issue with them. Flip side we are on a run, confidence is high, and it’s a home game after a week of solid training.

really hope we play Vinny and keskinen wide from the start with McGrath behind sokler. Also want to see ante come on in the second half. Think we’ll get our first penalty of the year that sokler will score.

4-1 us. Sokler 2, keskinen, McGrath

Killie haven’t looked great in any of the league games so far and expect them to sit in a deny us space even more than a usual McInnes side. We struggled against Queens Park doing that last week and this week face a team who are going to even more practiced at it. Hopefully them putting a lot into to Thursday will mean they don’t have the energy to cope with full 90 minutes and we will get chances. Would like to see Keskinen to starting ahead of Morris and maybe Besuijen ahead of Gueye. 

oot

flat

stream

flat

2-0 Sokler and McGrath