Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

County vs Dons

County started their season well enough, but have had losses to both Spartans and the huns in the last couple of weeks. getting knocked for 6 by them will have hurt so will be interesting to see how they respond. 

When is Clarkson due back, can't be far away?  I'd be surprised if Sokler retains his place for this one, but arguably, this is the type of game he needs to get his confidence up. Starting XI shouldn't really need to change as I don't see Killie being different to County, both will sit in.  But could Nisbet may push Sokler out? Really been impressed with Molloy, didn't expect him to step up as much as he has and has been a pleasant surprise. 

Out
Bed
Bed
Fathers Day
2-0 Dons, Shinnie and Nisbet

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

County started their season well enough, but have had losses to both Spartans and the huns in the last couple of weeks. getting knocked for 6 by them will have hurt so will be interesting to see how they respond. 

When is Clarkson due back, can't be far away?  I'd be surprised if Sokler retains his place for this one, but arguably, this is the type of game he needs to get his confidence up. Starting XI shouldn't really need to change as I don't see Killie being different to County, both will sit in.  But could Nisbet may push Sokler out? Really been impressed with Molloy, didn't expect him to step up as much as he has and has been a pleasant surprise. 

Out
Bed
Bed
Fathers Day
2-0 Dons, Shinnie and Nisbet

Thought clarkson was out for around 8 weeks. I can’t see much change if any, think we’ll stick with sokler and maybe see nisbet our starting 9 after the international break. That will pretty much have given him 3 1/2 weeks training and he should be a little sharper and lighter! While nisbet is ‘fit,’ he does need to shed a few pounds based on what we see.

same 11 that beat, killie 

2-1 us, sokler and McGrath 

Edited by OrlandoDon

Really solid pre match presser from Nisbet on RTV.  I'm starting to wonder if he's actually a closet dandy 2bh, he seems very genuine with just how much he wanted to come to Pittodrie. Early days yet but my fears of lack of professionalism are waning quite significantly.  

love a trip to County but wont manage this one.Would keep Sokler in for this, due to County being potentially vulnerable and a goal or 2 hopefully kick starting his season.A Nisbet/Sokler combo sounds appealing,but hard to not include Pape after last weekend

Oot

Hame

Prediction 1 - 4 Dons  Gueye,McGrath,Sokler,Nisbet

I'm actually attending this one, my first game in years!  It's a little bittersweet though, the reason I've not been to a game in ages is as my dog got older I just wanted to spend as much time with him as I could and bar county away any game is an all day affair for me.  I had to say goodbye to him last month and fuck me it is tough. It will be nice to be part of it again though so I'm very much looking to this. 

County way is never usually easy but if we take the lead I can't see us not winning.  An early lead and I think we may turn them over quite convincingly too. 

The only question mark about line up would be whether Sokler starts.  He really seemed to fade against Killie and Nisbet may be preferred. 

3-0 dons. No idea on scorer 2bh but I do hope Nisbet and Sokler can get a goal. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear about your dog mate! At least you’ve hopefully something positive in the dons this season. 

their home form is actually pretty good, Motherwell were the last team to beat them in early May, then prior to that st. Johnstone in early Feb. this will not be an easy ride by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your dog @tlg1903. So hard to say goodbye to them. Hope you're doing good.

As for the game, it's potentially the toughest game we'll have faced so far. St Johnstone away was tough but I tend to find it's easier to go there and stamp your authority on the game than it is in Dingwall.

Nine wins out of nine would be really something though, and it's definitely doable.

Would start Nisbet just because I'm concerned about Sokler and Gueye together, and hard to drop the latter after his double last week.

That's really kind of you to say fellas, thank you 🙏.  And yes manc, I've got a lot of optimism for the season which is a nice distraction.  Football manager was my saviour 2bh panda, my boss was amazing and just gave me the week off but I was in real danger of falling in a big ol pit of jager meister.  Champo saved me from that, I could actually get lost in it and was able to do a lot of subconscious processing whilst playing.   I pinky swear I didn't mention it for sympathy btw, just felt I should explain my prolonged absence from attending given how opinionated I am about the dons 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

That's really kind of you to say fellas, thank you 🙏.  And yes manc, I've got a lot of optimism for the season which is a nice distraction.  Football manager was my saviour 2bh panda, my boss was amazing and just gave me the week off but I was in real danger of falling in a big ol pit of jager meister.  Champo saved me from that, I could actually get lost in it and was able to do a lot of subconscious processing whilst playing.   I pinky swear I didn't mention it for sympathy btw, just felt I should explain my prolonged absence from attending given how opinionated I am about the dons 😂

Dude, I’m with you too. My 9yr old pup ruptured a disc last year, nearly died, and we paid $12k at the time for emergency surgery. 6 months after putting down our 10 yr old pup due to cancer. Another ruptured disc 3 months ago, another $$$ medical bill. They aren’t just animals, part of the family. Was scheduled for a family holiday back to Britain in June but cancelled due to nursing the pup. People have looked at me weird at work cos I do all this for my dogs but they are my kids!! Hang in there!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Dude, I’m with you too. My 9yr old pup ruptured a disc last year, nearly died, and we paid $12k at the time for emergency surgery. 6 months after putting down our 10 yr old pup due to cancer. Another ruptured disc 3 months ago, another $$$ medical bill. They aren’t just animals, part of the family. Was scheduled for a family holiday back to Britain in June but cancelled due to nursing the pup. People have looked at me weird at work cos I do all this for my dogs but they are my kids!! Hang in there!

Kudos, I'll never not admire that attitude.  Did similar myself a few times but not to that extent so you have absolutely earned my respect.  Hug them tight OD, mine was old but it was still sudden

Would think we will go with same starting XI as last week although I would be tempted to start Nisbet if he is up to speed. County have looked rotten the twice I have seen them and from what their fans are saying really weak wide. Think we should be looking at winning this comfortably. Another shit kick off time and our shite public transport system means I am missing another game. 

oot

Edinburgh City v Peterhead

flat for game on tv

flat 

3-0 Sokler x2 Nisbet

2 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

County playing like hearts under levein.  Anyone see a replay of that bad foul at the end?  Looked a red from the other side of the pitch 

Think yellow was correct call as studs weren’t up and he was on ground.

Poor first half and we have created little since McGrath went off. Would like to see Besuijen on.

4 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Some freekick from Vinnie. Probably don't deserve the goal, not convinced it was over the line.

Don’t think either the free kick or Rubi’s follow up crossed the line.