Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Aberdeen v Dundee United

Panda

Wish I was going to this, but have to pick and choose the games I get to and I'm going to the following two after it.

Going to be another sell out. Dundee United also sold all their tickets in two hours apparently. Evening kick-off under the lights, a wee derby feel to it, two in-form teams, Goodwin's return to Pittodrie to add some extra spice.

To be fair to Goodwin he's doing well. I think he's learned his lesson from what he tried to do at Aberdeen and is managing United the way he managed St Mirren, but now with a bit more experience. Only Rangers have beaten them in the league.

We're now at the point where we likely need to rotate the squad, would be a big ask to play the same starting XI for three games in a week, especially with two against Rangers and Celtic.

I was suggesting even before Celtic that MacDonald should replace Molloy, who has had three poor games now. Have Duk and Sokler played their way in after Celtic Park - Nisbet just been off it a little in the past two games. Palaversa likely starts one of the upcoming games. Don't think Thelin will go wild though, probably two changes at most, so I'll guess Palaversa for Shinnie or Nilsen, and Duk for Keskinen.

Nae sure about dropping Molloy.Though still not 100% convinced about the Rubi/Molloy combo,If Jimmy thinks he appears to be learning as he goes,and the confidence hasnt dropped,I'd allow him to carry on with the odd mistake,...til otherwise.Maybe swap Clarkson for McGrath too?

Looking forward to it,love a night game

In - Y

Will take a scrappy 1 - 0.   Duk

• Like 1

A biggie here, and as I posited yesterday, a must win. These are the games Celtic win, and having not won yesterday, a legit team gets back to winning ways, especially at home.

we have a starting 11 that is settled, and guys that make an impact off the bench. Injuries and suspensions will come and rotation will occur, but one game a week does not require rotation. No reason to force it, this is how it should be. Unless we have injuries I see the same starting 11.

I won’t lie though, doubts creeping in a little about molloy. We average losing a goal per game in the league which needs to be better, and molloy tends to be involved when we lose goals. Not all but more than he should. But is Macdonald any better, I don’t think so. Perhaps Molloy edges it plus is young and a long term project, and, like ruby, one we can sell on.

second doubt is our number 9. Long term, I don’t think Nisbet or sokler are the answer, we need more. If we have a strong season that’s our money buy next summer.

2-1 us. Nisbet and topi.

Edited by OrlandoDon

Molloy - to be fair to him, he improved a lot in the second half (as did many). But it's big errors. Penalty v Dundee, Vargas of Hearts (although he missed), second goal yesterday.

I get the whole "he's young, let him learn from mistakes" etc but soon it's going to really cost us. Maybe I just quite like MacDonald and want to see the fella get a game now and then.

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

Molloy - to be fair to him, he improved a lot in the second half (as did many). But it's big errors. Penalty v Dundee, Vargas of Hearts (although he missed), second goal yesterday.

I get the whole "he's young, let him learn from mistakes" etc but soon it's going to really cost us. Maybe I just quite like MacDonald and want to see the fella get a game now and then.

I like MacDonald too, but he's very prone to error also, and especially when played on his wrong foot. I'd be open to him playing, but switching Rubi across to the left. The biggest issue with MacDonald is that he slows the game down quite a bit, and that worsens on his wrong foot. Rubi doesn't really concern himself with feet whilst putting in another face-block on a shot. Molloy's errors are a worry, his hearts performance was poor, but in the other two games he didn't put a foot wrong outside the mistakes. Either way, I don't think Thelin will drop him because he allows us to play out of defence in a quicker fashion than MacDonald, which is vital to our entire setup.

19 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Molloy's errors are a worry, his hearts performance was poor, but in the other two games he didn't put a foot wrong outside the mistakes.

I thought he was really poor in the second half against Dundee, a lot of poor clearances, struggled physically that game against whoever it was he was up against.

Agree though Thelin clearly thinks MacDonald isn't quick enough for how he wants to play.

• Like 2

IMG_6783.thumb.jpeg.58524b3c2d8762570dfa7bc376a73c39.jpeg

Not entirely sure what they think these "increased tensions" would lead to, but unusual to see an official club account have to clarify their allocation in order to quell an uprising.

In addition, Rangers tweeted that 13,500 fans applied for tickets to see them play at Pittodrie (1,674 the allocation).

Everyone wants to see Jimmy Thelin's red machine.

5 hours ago, Panda said:

In addition, Rangers tweeted that 13,500 fans applied for tickets to see them play at Pittodrie (1,674 the allocation).

There were maybe 13500 in a queue to apply for tickets, but more than half of those would have left early to get subway tickets instead.

Edited by Nellie The Don

MacDonald hasn't been the same since he was paired with Pollock. Unsure what is required for us to see him back to his best. 

Great to see the two Dundee teams putting up good fights. I much prefer them to the Jambos. Still, I think we will be too good for the Arabs, and Goodwin still isn't quite sure what to do when his teams are behind. 

4-2 to the Reds

McGrath, Nesbit, Duk, MacKenzie