Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New Kit

Penfold

Can anyone slating the sponsor actually name something great that JVC did for our club that ADT didn't do or TR won't do?

It's a fucking company giving their money to our club to help them stay afloat for fuck sake!

Bring back JVC?  When was the last time you bought anything from JVC?!

Load of moaning about nothing if you ask me.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone slating the sponsor actually name something great that JVC did for our club that ADT didn't do or TR won't do?

It's a fucking company giving their money to our club to help them stay afloat for fuck sake!

Bring back JVC?  When was the last time you bought anything from JVC?!

Load of moaning about nothing if you ask me.

My CD player, DVD player and ipod headphones are made by JVC.

Looks better in these pics

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/1b/52/0,,10284~3691035,00.jpg[/img]

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/1f/52/0,,10284~3691039,00.jpg[/img]

Team Recruitment Chairman Terry Allan explained the rationale behind the move, "We've been involved with the Club for many years as corporate clients and box holders and this was something that was always on the radar, both from an emotional and commercial perspective. Our organisation underwent a major restructure a couple of years ago and since then, we have been working with this in mind.

I think the problem with having a recruitment agency come from pertemps sponsoring a few temas from tinky towns across Scotland and the UK. This company looks quite decent and is for permanent jobs not a temp agency.

Fucks sake you guys are quite opinionated today aren't you  ;D

I don't know how you can possibly tell how much you are going to like it judging by a photo

Check out your avatar.

I don't know if Bree Olsen would be a good ride or not but the vids and photos would certain suggest as much. ;)

Is this Bree Olsen bloke the star striker we've been promised?  Sounds like a useful cunt.

Agree with the comment about the away strip, it would look much better with the badge and sponsor black.  But even if the strip doesn't strike fear into the opposition, surely the two superstars wearing it will.  ::)

ach it looks ok, I've never been a fan of white away jerseys so will probably buy the home kit.

This has to be one of the most bizarre debates ever

"a more prominent company will make more people buy the kit"

I'm sorry, but that takes the biscuit for me. I'm sure loads of people go down to Old Trafford to buy the latest AIG top that just happens to have the Man Utd crest on it for the kudos that they'll get for having an AIG top. Supporters have a loyalty to their football club, not the sponsors (unless the sponsors are going to provide incentives to buy they're product/service)

Who here has invested money in Abtrust, has a JVC home stereo system on which they listen to Northsound Radio, while looking out their Living Design windows waiting for the Atlantic Telecom phone to ring (insert something to do with A-Fab here) safe in the knowledge that they are protected by an ADT alarm system??

Who here has invested money in Abtrust, has a JVC home stereo system on which they listen to Northsound Radio, while looking out their Living Design windows waiting for the Atlantic Telecom phone to ring (insert something to do with A-Fab here) safe in the knowledge that they are protected by an ADT alarm system??

:lolabove: Spot on!

"a more prominent company will make more people buy the kit"

I'm sorry, but that takes the biscuit for me. I'm sure loads of people go down to Old Trafford to buy the latest AIG top that just happens to have the Man Utd crest on it for the kudos that they'll get for having an AIG top. Supporters have a loyalty to their football club, not the sponsors (unless the sponsors are going to provide incentives to buy they're product/service)

When I raised that point, I was more meaning people that are not Aberdeen supporters. In the same way that you see people walking around in shirts from different countries here, this can happen the other way around (though probably on a smaller scale). A more recognised sponsor may lead to the shirt being more easily recognised and thus more demanded (if the product itself is of a suitable style/standard). It's nothing to do with kudos, more about the recognition factor that can come from being associated with a high profile brand.

The Man U example is clearly a world apart from us. They will sell millions of shirts regardless of the sponsor or style, because they are Manchester United - though I do expect more fakes are sold than genuine tops, but that's a totally seperate issue.

In our case it doesn't really matter because the kit can only be bought from official club outlets anyway (I think) it's not like it's going to be appearing in sports shops worldwide.

Football supporters are still going to be attracted by the brand (the football club) as opposed the brand (the sponsor). I can only speak for myself but I could name several club football tops from around the world by looking at them with the kit and team badge and not that many by the sponsor alone.

I think the Nike strips by and large have been great, particularly the home top from 2006-07 and the white away top (2006-08).

They've certainly been a cut above the Le Coq Sportif and Puma efforts from the preceding years.

All my nike tops have fallen to bits - would be lucky if i have a had a season where one has made it through without bits hanging off (apart from last seasons which i thought was pretty decent quality)

Mine are fine; with the exception of the one with the ADT logo, which I don't really give a fuck about anyway. Even then, it's the logo and not the shirt which has failed to stand the test of time - the quality of the shirt itself hasn't been a problem.

How often do you wear it, and what do you wear it for? Y'know; going to matches (I presume not), 5s, just out and about?

just when im exercising in general - so each top would probably get worn and washed twice a week! The best one for durabilty would probably be the gothenberg remake one - gets worn twice a week and theres not a thread out of place yet! How olds that top now about 5 years maybe?