Clearly. Compared to your minority view of what our expectations should be.

For a club that can justify spending £600K on a feasibility study when the simple finances don't stack up, even if we did get more than double the mooted £8m potential from the public sector, then getting rid of JC is a far less risky proposition. He would walk for £100k/£150k if forced to. This represents an extra 2,000/3,000 fans for 2 home games only. You do the maths.

As crowds are higher than they were under the previous management, and in fact currently higher than last season, where are we getting an extra 2000/3000 fans from?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As crowds are higher than they were under the previous management, and in fact currently higher than last season, where are we getting an extra 2000/3000 fans from?

Aberdeen FC said there were almost 11,000 at the Hibs game and almost 11,000 at the Celtic QF 12.30 Sunday game.

Were you at both? Did you not see a difference? Do not believe everything you read. Counting non-attending ST holders does not disguise the reality.

Flawed logic to suggest we will draw in higher crowds simply by getting a new manager in.

Get a new manager in, who is to say that the guy you dislike so much (Miller) won't want someone even more idiots don't like.

AFC has such a collection of reactionary tits as fans. Ebbe was a fucking disaster as manager but the same level of vitriol was never directed at him. Fucking unbelieveable and the personal nature of some of the jibes are fucking ridiculous.

Intelligent post, in keeping with the most intelligent posters are on this site line, which I was fed when I first discovered DT.

Jager, speaking of tragic, who's the one getting all het up with a stranger on tinternet? You're a fucking beaut.

Boaby, you are the dead fingernail on the shirt-tail under the coat of action.

if i'm the dead fingernail, you're the dead hand.  The dead hand that's beating the same irrational drum every day of every week.  At the bottom of all your horrid rants, is a football team, if you care to remember. They won three points last week and won a reasonable point yesterday.

As you'll know, we won last week. What was the point in you going along? You clearly have no joy when Aberdeen win so why fucking bother? You know, I have no love for Calderwood, but if we win the next three, why should we be calling for his head regardless?  the points don't increase depending on the manager.  I'd say everyone on here just wants to see Aberdeen win, the team is at the heart of the passion.  Too many folk on your home site, including you, just want to be proved right.  I'd love to be proved wrong.... that JC is the man to lead us, and he takes us on to the Scottish Cup Final after clinching third place. That's what i want to happen. But you don't. Cos all you're interested in is being proven right.

And cos of that, you're prepared to see Aberdeen suffer.  Call yourself a fan?  You're a faker.  Leave anytime you feel like. Thanks.

if i'm the dead fingernail, you're the dead hand.  The dead hand that's beating the same irrational drum every day of every week.  At the bottom of all your horrid rants, is a football team, if you care to remember. They won three points last week and won a reasonable point yesterday.

As you'll know, we won last week. What was the point in you going along? You clearly have no joy when Aberdeen win so why fucking bother? You know, I have no love for Calderwood, but if we win the next three, why should we be calling for his head regardless?  the points don't increase depending on the manager.  I'd say everyone on here just wants to see Aberdeen win, the team is at the heart of the passion.  Too many folk on your home site, including you, just want to be proved right.  I'd love to be proved wrong.... that JC is the man to lead us, and he takes us on to the Scottish Cup Final after clinching third place. That's what i want to happen. But you don't. Cos all you're interested in is being proven right.

And cos of that, you're prepared to see Aberdeen suffer.  Call yourself a fan?  You're a faker.  Leave anytime you feel like. Thanks.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't wait for the fans pressure to force the powers that be at Pittodrie to kick in, Calderwood gets his jotters, we get some other cunt in, the decision is applauded by everyone who has AFC at heart. We have a decent end to the season, but when the honeymoon period is over, we start to 'underachieve' and we're back at square one again. Just can't fucking wait.

Aberdeen FC said there were almost 11,000 at the Hibs game and almost 11,000 at the Celtic QF 12.30 Sunday game.

Were you at both? Did you not see a difference? Do not believe everything you read. Counting non-attending ST holders does not disguise the reality.

Would that be because we don't do it?

Too many folk on your home site, including you, just want to be proved right.  I'd love to be proved wrong.... that JC is the man to lead us, and he takes us on to the Scottish Cup Final after clinching third place. That's what i want to happen. But you don't. Cos all you're interested in is being proven right.

Pity the subsequent dozen posts were deleted after this one, eh, Boabster? You were getting a bit exasperated and were oozing frustration.

Here's that Phil Spector 50 year old track again, to soothe your furrowing, knotted brow: -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DCnUsInBQws

Anyway, back on topic. No, you are wrong about being proved right being the top priority. It's just that some of us know he can't take us any further. Well, we think we know. Time will tell, or perhaps it won't.

You are wasting your love by saying you would love the fat orange idiot to succeed? He doesn't have it in him. Watch the games. Listen to him speak.

It isn't even a deep football understanding or even a basic knowledge of amateur psychology you require to know this. I trust your instinct still functions?

The tide turning towards upwards towards mediocrity again, is not a measure of the potential of Aberdeen FC. We will be no more than 3 points off 3rd place after a win this Saturday. Brian Irvine said that the one win in eight UEFA run papered over the cracks. I think the cracks are still there.

Anyway, back on topic. No, you are wrong about being proved right being the top priority. It's just that some of us know he can't take us any further. Well, we think we know. Time will tell, or perhaps it won't.

You are wasting your love by saying you would love the fat orange idiot to succeed? He doesn't have it in him. Watch the games. Listen to him speak.

It isn't even a deep football understanding or even a basic knowledge of amateur psychology you require to know this. I trust your instinct still functions?

The tide turning towards upwards towards mediocrity again, is not a measure of the potential of Aberdeen FC. We will be no more than 3 points off 3rd place after a win this Saturday. Brian Irvine said that the one win in eight UEFA run papered over the cracks. I think the cracks are still there.

You were doing so well there, too.

I've already said I have no love for the guy. But does that mean I want to see us lose on a Saturday?  It's not that hard to understand, so I'm not really sure why you're having difficulty in doing so.

I won't be responding to you again in this thread, so fill yer boots and have the last word, as you always have to do...

It's just that some of us know he can't take us any further. Well, we think we know. Time will tell, or perhaps it won't.

You've been bleating on and one saying that the last 4 1/2 years are not acceptable!

When JC was brought in, his job was to steady a sinking ship, get us into the top 6, and make sure we stayed there.  To do this, he had to address the quality of player at the club, although he had a huge obstacle to overcome in the fact the club has none, or little, transfer funds.  He had to make a statement of intent.  He had to let the people at the club know that he was here to take things forward, to let the fans know that he was a sign of change, and to let the opposition know that this sleeping giant will be revived.  This statement was made in the shape of Scott Severin.  Still to this day, I've no idea how he managed to persuade Severin to leave Hearts for us, but it was a masterstroke, and in my opinion one of the club's most important signings of all time.

The Severin signing signalled the way in which Calderwood was going to operate, bringing in quality free transfers for key areas of the team, and there's no doubting he's succeeded in his task, with the likes of Severin, Smith, Nicholson, Miller, et al.

These signings would play a huge part in JC's next task, improving the standard on the park, whether that be individually or as a team.  Whilst he's had more successful with individuals (Clark, Hart, Anderson, Nicholson, Diamond), there's no doubting that this has paid dividends with some of these players bringing in relatively decent transfer fees.  The team's performances still come into question regularly, but there's no doubt that he has consolidated our league positioning.   Yes, he's lacked in certain areas, but the big picture isn't just about a bloody cup final, as some would have you believe.  With the players he lost last year, he's basically having to rebuild the spine of the team, no mean feat given the players he has to try and replace.

These transfer fees and players are key to the club's future, as it's one of the ways we're going to reduce our debt, another of JC's jobs.  Cup runs are integral to many club's income, however, league positions are THE bread and butter, and it was vital that he got the club into regular top six finishes.

Another issue that Claderwood had to address was the club's failing youth system.  This is something we'll not bear the fruits of for a number of years, but by all accounts he has improved things in this area, so here's hoping the club starts producing young talent on a regular basis, that'll either serve the club for a number of years or bring in large transfer fees.

From there, his five year plan will have been to get us into a position where we're competing for the European spots every season, whether that be contesting for third place or getting to cup finals.  Whilst the cup final has eluded him, the UEFA run last year put a lot of money into the bank and put the club back on the map. 

His biggest obstacle in keeping the club in a position to challenge has been in the shape of seeing his best players enticed away by the money on offer in England.  Whilst this has had an adverse effect, it's also opened the door to us to bring in young lads from down south on loan, something he's done well with by securing the future of Sone Aluko and the success of Josh Walker's loan spell last season.  The signing of Jared Hodgkiss may yet prove to be another masterstroke.

Next for JC is to take us into 3rd place again, get us back into Europe, and win a cup for a club that's been trophy-less for far too long.  Does he have what it takes to do this?  Who knows, but what I do know is that he's already given us more than we could have asked for in his 4 years in charge, and taken us further in that time than I expected, so he more than deserves a fair crack of the whip.  His last 4 years have been a success, he's done everything expected of him.  The next step might be too big for him, and he might not be the man for the job, but only time will tell...

I can't understand why people can't see that the 10 in the league outwith the Old Firm are as close as ever, every team is capable of beating each other on their day.