Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Family Section?!?! - Thats a Laugh!

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

Let me introduce myself - I have lived in Aberdeen for almost six years now, but have remained a staunch Celtic supporter, I may not go to see them as often as I did when I lived in the west of Scotland, but my passion to see them succeed hasn’t faltered in the years I’ve lived here.

First and foremost can I congratulate the Aberdeen team for their resilient display on Sunday – plus their ability to convert their chances when presented with them.

However my congratulations ends with the team and the management, not the Dons fans……..

On Sunday my wife and I decided to have a family day at the football, this was to be my kids first ever senior game (daughter 7, son 4) – I managed to get 4 tickets for the ‘Family’ section i.e. Merkland Road end, as despite me being a Tim I thought it would make more sense to take my family to the family section, thinking I didn’t want my kids exposed to Celtic supporters who had been bevying for 4 hours on the journey north.  That turned out to be the worst decision I’ve made in my football-attending career.

The racist, foul and offensive language used in the ‘Family’ section appalled me.  ‘Fuck off back to Ireland ya tattie munching cunts!’, ‘Cheating Fennian Bastards!’ were amongst the many pleasantries that I couldn’t believe I was hearing!!!!!  I’m not naive enough to think this doesn’t happen at football matches, but surely not in the ‘family’ section.

No matter how drunk the Celtic fans were, there would be no way my kids would have been subjected to such obscenities if we had been in the Celtic section – this is why Celtic fans are welcome anywhere in Europe and have won awards for their behaviour and sportsmanship, this is the calibre of supporter I’m used to – even in the dark days of the ’90s when we finished behind team like Aberdeen in the league we still sang ‘Always look on the Brightside of life!’.  Putting aside their disgusting vocabulary, I couldn’t believe how fickle the Aberdeen fans were – Jimmy Calderwood has guided them to 3rd in the league, yet when he made the Aluko substitution on Sunday with the game poised at 2-2 he was lambasted, it proved to be a tactical success!

To summarise, I’m used to a superior human standing next to me at matches and I was very disappointed with the calibre of human I experienced on Sunday.  As a result in the future I’ll take my boy a 300 mile round trip to Glasgow if he wants to see football rather than go to this alleged family section of my local team – my doing this wont really impact Stewart Milne’s pocket, but how many people out there have had a similar experience? and refuse to expose their family to such behaviours?

I wonder if Rangers fans are as appalling in the presence of families?

I'll be honest and say I'm disgusted at what I've read in this post, and in today's society its simply unacceptable.  

Its the kids I feel sorry for, being exposed to such a poisonous environment from a young age is quite clearly shocking. I mean letting your kids grow up to be Celtic fans?

You should be ashamed of yourself!!  :o

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some aberdeen based tims in the gilcomston bar singing about the IRA, fucking the queen and the UDA, and the ibrox disaster  :wave:

Horrible cunts to have living in our city - just as bad as the aberdeen based hun bastards.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6TuRR6CHGlg

Words cannot express....I wonder if there is a way of loosening the foundations next time those cunts are in there. OFGTF.

Abeerdeenbasedtim away and confess your sins of being a pathetic glory hunting loser who has to feel included. I actually met a Glasgow OAP, who said you and your orange wearing brothers are all inbreds and pathetic. Never two truer words were ever spoken.

here's some aberdeen based tims in the gilcomston bar singing about the IRA, fucking the queen and the UDA, and the ibrox disaster  :wave:

Horrible cunts to have living in our city - just as bad as the aberdeen based hun bastards.

Is the Gilcomston Bar the hang out for OF buses before games? I saw a few buses waiting around when I passed on Sunday and have seen a Rangers bus getting lost in Rosemount before so I guess it was trying to go there.

They're a very musical bunch of jolly chaps aren't they ? I think you guys are being a bit harsh on this gentleman, I felt a real sense of warmth from their traditional folk singing and all round good fun vibe in that bar. OF fans are always a pleasure to have around I find, their tales of quiet and reasonable behaviour up and down the lands as they infect us all with their spirit and goodwill towards all men is as near to self-actualisation as you will get. Roll on the huns on Saturday for more japes and craic  :thumbsup:

Yeah, ive been to carfin and its in scotland, not ireland. Most of family originally came from ireland, and going to a catholic school, loads of folk supported Celtic there. But that doesnt mean I had to. I have a brain and decided not to follow the crowd and support a team whose fans consistently sing about the IRA (something you have conveniently ignored so far).

Face it, Celtic has a large amount of scummy fans. Sectarianism is like sex, IT TAKES 2 BABY!!!

Let me introduce myself - I have lived in Ireland for almost six years now, but have remained a staunch Aberdeen supporter, I may not go to see them as often as I did when I lived in the North East of Scotland, but my passion to see them succeed hasn’t faltered in the years I’ve lived here.

First and foremost can I commiserate the Celtic team for their  AVERAGE display on Sunday – their inability to convert their ONE chance when presented with them (meant the game finishe 4-2 not 4-3).

However my commiserations does not end with the team and the management, not from the Dons fans……..

On Sunday my wife (thats right WIFE nae the prozzy who stands at the end of the street) and I decided to have a family day at the football, this was to be my kids first ever senior game (daughter 7, son 4) – I managed to get 4 tickets for the ‘Celtic’ section i.e. East end of the south stand, as despite me being a Pure Bred Aberdonian I thought it would make more sense to take my kids to the Celtic section, thinking I want my kids exposed to subhuman Celtic supporters who had been bevying for 4 hours on the journey north funded purely by tax payers (with the idea that it would turn them off that vile club for good). That turned out to be the best decision I’ve made in my football-attending career.

The racist, foul and offensive language used in the ‘Celtic’ section appalled me.  ‘Fuck off back to Scotland ya haggis munching cunts!’, ‘Cheating Aberdonian Bastards!’ were amongst the many pleasantries that I could believe I was hearing (this is football afterall not Ballet)!!!!!  I’m not naive enough to think this doesn’t happen at football matches, but without a doubt at its worst in the ‘Celtic’ section.

No matter how drunk they were, there would be no way my kids wouldn't have been able to count the "fans" in the Celtic section (and get any where near what the official "Celtic" figures were - 20 million wasn't it)– this is why Celtic fans are taken the piss of - all over Europe and have won ONE THATS 1 European trophy for their imagination and complete disregard for reality. This is the uninformed and fickle type of supporter I’m not used to (being an Aberdeen supporter) – even in the dark days of the ’90s when we regularly finished above Celtic in the league we still had to listen to the Celtic supporters ringing in the radio asking  ‘Why can't we sign Eoin Jess, Scott Booth, Hans Gillhaus etc’.  Putting aside their restricted vocabulary, I couldn’t believe how bitter they were. None so bitter as Gordon Strachan, yet he has guided Celtic to 1st in the league, nae bad for a m(w)idget with sexual performance issues and still hes "not good enough"?

To summarise, I’m used to actual human beings standing next to me at matches and I was very surprised by the level of community support for people with learning difficulties, I experienced on Sunday.  As a result in the future I’ll take my boy on a 5 mile trip to the local dog rescue centre if he wants to have a coherent converstion about football (they have fleas) rather than go to this alleged SCOTTISH football club – my doing this wont really impact Celtic Football Club's pocket, but how many innocent people out there have have lost their lives in order to fund terrorist activity, which undoubtedly directly or indirectly have funded this corrupt organisation? And I refuse to expose my children to the acceptance of such behaviour.

I wonder if Celtic fans could be as honest in their outbursts?

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

On the radio this morning, ‘Aberdeen are slashing tickets costs for the East Fife SC tie to £4 for under 12’s to encourage families from the local community to get involved with the club’………..

I’m now confused! – you guys have made it clear here that the ‘family’ section is for Dons supporters only, why now are the club trying to encourage ‘families from the community to come along’ it’s almost like they are trying to encourage mothers and fathers to bring the kids along in the hope they will get hooked and become Dons fans for life……….they seem to have a whole different concept of what the family section is from you guys, I think you should all protest at this crazy concept the club have now come up with!!!!

I can hear it now – ‘Fuck off back to Fife you bumble-bee cunts!’

On the radio this morning, ‘Aberdeen are slashing tickets costs for the East Fife SC tie to £4 for under 12’s to encourage families from the local community to get involved with the club’………..

I’m now confused! – you guys have made it clear here that the ‘family’ section is for Dons supporters only, why now are the club trying to encourage ‘families from the community to come along’ it’s almost like they are trying to encourage mothers and fathers to bring the kids along in the hope they will get hooked and become Dons fans for life……….they seem to have a whole different concept of what the family section is from you guys, I think you should all protest at this crazy concept the club have now come up with!!!!

We only reserve that kind of abuse for filthy tims like yourself. East Fife will be made welcome  :thumbsup:

But you didn't go to support Aberdeen. You went to see Celtic. Why are you struggling to understand what the problem is here?

Oh dear thought Mr Fuckwit would have got bored, but apparently not.

Oh well guess we'll just have to have some more fun with you

Again for clarity:

Home End = Home Supporters

Away End = Non AFC Supporters

Can I make it any clearer for you ???

:dance: He's back, more laughs today  ;D

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

Ah – I’m starting to get it………..My kids who don’t support anyone yet and are under 12 (7 & 4) are the target audience for this concession, so I buy them a £4 ticket each and send them into the ‘Family’ section, then as I don’t support Aberdeen, I go to the Non-Aberdeen end………makes sense, I’m sure my 7 and 4 year old will grasp the concept.

Ah – I’m starting to get it………..My kids who don’t support anyone yet and are under 12 (7 & 4) are the target audience for this concession, so I buy them a £4 ticket each and send them into the ‘Family’ section, then as I don’t support Aberdeen, I go to the Non-Aberdeen end………makes sense, I’m sure my 7 and 4 year old will grasp the concept.

But you dont want your kids to support Aberdeen, you made that clear.  :(

GUTTED

They are just huns that can't afford the fair to Ibrox!

Oh dear, he said 'huns', I hope my children don't read this.  ::)

On the radio this morning, ?Aberdeen are slashing tickets costs for the East Fife SC tie to £4 for under 12?s to encourage families from the local community to get involved with the club????..

I?m now confused! ? you guys have made it clear here that the ?family? section is for Dons supporters only, why now are the club trying to encourage ?families from the community to come along? it?s almost like they are trying to encourage mothers and fathers to bring the kids along in the hope they will get hooked and become Dons fans for life???.they seem to have a whole different concept of what the family section is from you guys, I think you should all protest at this crazy concept the club have now come up with!!!!

I can hear it now ? ?Fuck off back to Fife you bumble-bee cunts!?

This has got to be a wind up?

Nobody is that fucking stupid, surely?!

The clue is in the exact words you posted - "Aberdeen encourage families from the local community to get involved with the club".

Are you getting involved with the club or are you only dragging your family along for one game to see the opposition play, who once upon a time ago came from the same place as your grandparents?

Fucking numpty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c&hl=en&fs=1

Merkland Family Stand = HOME support. I thought you were "educated"? Mind you, you may well be, but just blind.

You went with the view to watch Celtic, not Aberdeen. If you'd have gone as the neutral, fair enough, but you didn't. The thing that winds me up the most about your support is, not the pathetic attempts at the persecution complex, but this bloody affinity with Ireland. You are supposed to be a Scottish club, yet when you walk up London Road, do you see a single Scotland flag? No, you're more likely to see a Palestinian flag. So please refrain from trying to get sympathy because its beyond preposterous.

Real football fans are welcome, now jog on sunshine, away and grow some of these...

potatoes.jpg

:wave:

Ah ? I?m starting to get it???..My kids who don?t support anyone yet and are under 12 (7 & 4) are the target audience for this concession, so I buy them a £4 ticket each and send them into the ?Family? section, then as I don?t support Aberdeen, I go to the Non-Aberdeen end???makes sense, I?m sure my 7 and 4 year old will grasp the concept.

Tell us then, how did those surrounding you realise you were a Celtic fan?

Was it the tri-colour flag, the hooped jersey or you jumping up when they scored?

Had you taken your kids along to enjoy the game and let them decide for themselves which team to support (cough-cough) then fair enough.  But I very much doubt that was why you ended up being shouted at.

I'm an Aberdeen fan, my old man and Uncle are both Tims.  They took me along to Pittodrie in the 80s "because we liked watching good football and there was a chance to see a team playing the top teams in Europe right on our doorstep".  They also went to games at the Tattiebowl together but never with me as I'd made up my mind.  Along with going to the games, another Uncle of mine had rightly swayed my decision.  We'd all sit in the South Stand and even against the Tims they'd sit on their hands as they knew it would kick off if they were to make it apparent that they were away fans.

The guys in the family stands aren't just family guys, they're more than likely life long fans who hate the O.F.  They have probably supported Aberdeen through thick and thin and all through the Huns & Tims dominance over the SPL.  Do you honestly believe that they'll suddenly turn a blind eye to away fans in their end just because they've popped out a kid or two?

Come on, be honest, what was the trigger that lit the blue touch paper on Saturday?

Oh my god!! The funniest thread I have read in ages!! Aberdeenbasedidiot, can you post now and again in the future when things are a bit slow for discussion?

God forbid a club tries to gather a bit of interest in its local area with a bit of good publicity eh? Instead of foisting rantic shops in places like inverness and edinburgh.

I hope your kids see the light and support the Dons behind your back.

By the way, 4-2.  It still hurts.

Doesnt it?

If you support Celtic, go to the Celtic end. Simple as. That was your first mistake.

Secondly, to suggest that you wouldn't hear bad language in the Celtic end, quite simply, is mornoic. Little kids in the cheapest sections at Celtic park swear as well, don't you know?

Perhaps you should go and spend your morning doing something more productive, instead of trying to sound intelligent to a bunch of complete strangers on a web forum, which is designed for supporters of Aberdeen Football Club.

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

Had you taken your kids along to enjoy the game and let them decide for themselves which team to support (cough-cough) then fair enough.  But I very much doubt that was why you ended up being shouted at.

Come on, be honest, what was the trigger that lit the blue touch paper on Saturday?

I wasn’t shouted at personally – and no one in the vicinity knew I was a Celtic supporter, I made no reaction when Celtic scored – I was having a family day, with my family, in the family section of my local club.

My thread is about the behaviours of those around me shouting and frothing at the mouth like someone with madcows disease!!!! – not what I naively expected my children to be subjected to in the family section……..but apparently is deemed acceptable on this forum.

I wasn’t shouted at personally – and no one in the vicinity knew I was a Celtic supporter, I made no reaction when Celtic scored – I was having a family day, with my family, in the family section of my local club.

My thread is about the behaviours of those around me shouting and frothing at the mouth like someone with madcows disease!!!! – not what I naively expected my children to be subjected to in the family section……..but apparently is deemed acceptable on this forum.

And had you taken them into the Celtic end (i.e. had you been successful in your application for tickets) you'd have heard just as bad and probably worse stuff. It's the football, not the fucking ballet.

As I've said before, maybe you should just dry your fucking eyes.