Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Neil Lennon is a creep and it is disgraceful that Celtic FC allow him to be the carry on the way he does.  Celtic should be ashamed to have a manager that behaves like that.  The police should be able to do something too.  The wee shite stirs things up all the time and everyone is sick of him.

Between Scott Brown and Lennon, I'm actually at the point where I dislike Celtic more than Rangers.

Aye looks like lennon had a go at Mcoist at full time. He had to be pulled back from mcoist at full time like a drunken underage boozer on a saturday. The SFA has to hammer the both of them, but wont.

Fuck the both of them

No end to Scotlands shame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12631956

Lennon is completely reprehensible.

Another embarassing yet, as ever, unsurprisig episode that Scotish football is all too happy to show the world.

Fucking disgraceful decision.  Never a penalty, but the way the ref has played for chelsea this half, it's not a surprise.

Are you for real? That was a penalty all day long. Smalling was unlucky but it was a stone waller.

Luiz should have went without a doubt. But Man Utd shouldn't have scored their opening goal because the scorer should have been suspended. These things happen. All teams get hard done by and get breaks. The way the Man utd fans are greeting is nothing short of comical.

But Man Utd shouldn't have scored their opening goal because the scorer should have been suspended.

he should have been suspended, but arguments like that are for the primary school playground. Especially as you say all teams get breaks, United got one with that but you're moaning about it.

These things happen. All teams get hard done by and get breaks. The way the Man utd fans are greeting is nothing short of comical.

You're right, these things do happen and will happen again to United and will happen to their opponents on occasion too.  However, next time United do get a break, possibly on Sunday, I look forward to again reading your reasoned take on it.

Oh, and there is nothing more comical than a fan of Self Pity City FC going on about other teams fans "greeting".

It's not Scotland's shame it's Bigoted Glasgow fuckwit's shame!

Scotland is not Glasgow or the OF.  >:D >:D>:D

I agree entirely.

However when the ugly sisters grudge match is used as a showcase event for Scottich football (rightly or wrongly, that is another topic for debate) then what happens between these two when beamed accross the globe via Sky or whatever is a reflection on Scottish football as a whole unfortunately.

Rangers and Celtic have tacitly and sometimes not tacitly encouraged this for years as it brings in the crowds and sells replica strips etc and they deserve action to be taken against them. However the SFA and other SPL club including our own have let them do it and have been to scared to say anything. As much as I think Romanov is a nutter, at least he had the courage to say something.

What is all the fuss about? Fucking handbags and not one proper punch thrown, and as for the sending's off, pathetic.  Even Old Firm brawls aren't what they used to be!

My thoughts exactly. Had it been Archie Knox squaring up to Lennon or McCoist we'd not be saying all this. They are rivals, whatever underpins that isn't the point. They had a go at each on the pitch, it was exactly the way Aberdeen-Rangers games were years ago before the game was sanitised beyond all recognition and to be honest I wish those games would go back to that.  Who knows, we might actually get back to having some semblance of an atmosphere at matches as well.

My thoughts exactly. Had it been Archie Knox squaring up to Lennon or McCoist we'd not be saying all this. They are rivals, whatever underpins that isn't the point. They had a go at each on the pitch, it was exactly the way Aberdeen-Rangers games were years ago before the game was sanitised beyond all recognition and to be honest I wish those games would go back to that.  Who knows, we might actually get back to having some semblance of an atmosphere at matches as well.

That's bollocks - I'd be ashamed to see Archie Knox carrying on the way Lennon did and I wouldn't want the Aberdeen Management behaving like a bunch of neds on TV.  Although I am sure McCoist said some stuff to Lennon to wind him up, McCoist actually doesn't do too much else wrong.  Lennon is the one constantly in other managers and ref's faces with his aggressive body language, aggressive facial expressions, and finger wagging in their faces.

When was that ever seen at Aberdeen-Rangers games?  Why would you want to see something like that?  Sad.

What is all the fuss about? Fucking handbags and not one proper punch thrown, and as for the sending's off, pathetic.  Even Old Firm brawls aren't what they used to be!

That's kind of what I thought. I'd been getting texts going on about disgraceful scenes etc when I was at the St Johnstone game yesterday. I got round to watching the highlights expecting a mass brawl and instead I saw a group of players and staff trying, but failing, to push each other a little bit. Storm in a tea cup.

That's bollocks - I'd be ashamed to see Archie Knox carrying on the way Lennon did and I wouldn't want the Aberdeen Management behaving like a bunch of neds on TV.  Although I am sure McCoist said some stuff to Lennon to wind him up, McCoist actually doesn't do too much else wrong.  Lennon is the one constantly in other managers and ref's faces with his aggressive body language, aggressive facial expressions, and finger wagging in their faces.

When was that ever seen at Aberdeen-Rangers games?  Why would you want to see something like that?  Sad.

Read what was written. I didn't say that our management team have ever done that nor did i say I wanted them to.

The part where i said "on the pitch" was to do with Aberdeen-Rangers games of old, and if you think they've never been like that then you haven't seen many of those matches in the last 30 years. But don't let that stop you from getting the totally wrong end of the stick. Sad.

I agree with most of this.  I thought the scenes were embarassing to Scottish Football (again) and certainly wouldn't want to see any AFC employees getting involved in anything as pathetic as that.

Lennon and Diouf are just vermin.

he should have been suspended, but arguments like that are for the primary school playground. Especially as you say all teams get breaks, United got one with that but you're moaning about it.

I don't disagree with that.

I'm not not moaning about it. Just pointing it out as it's part of my point about all teams getting lucky and unlucky breaks.

You're right, these things do happen and will happen again to United and will happen to their opponents on occasion too.  However, next time United do get a break, possibly on Sunday, I look forward to again reading your reasoned take on it.

Liverpool are due the break I’d say. No one’s heard me moan or complain once after Wigan’s offside goal at Anfield cost Liverpool 2 points. There are others I could mention. But I don’t greet about it because I dare say there are plenty times when Liverpool have been let off.

Oh, and there is nothing more comical than a fan of Self Pity City FC going on about other teams fans "greeting".

Doesn’t really apply because if Liverpool fans are like that I'm not. I don’t share that view.

Lennons 6 match ban has now been reduced to 4 games

gotta love the timing of that announcement

Never let it be said the SFA have their fingers on the pulse

Celtic boss Neil Lennon is facing an eight-match touchline ban following his bust-up with Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist on Wednesday night.

On Thursday, Celtic accepted a revised ban of four games for a prior offence.

Now Lennon faces an additional two-match sanction for his altercation with McCoist - which will double due to his misconduct record this season.

For his part in the incident after Rangers' 1-0 defeat, McCoist will also receive a two-match suspension.

The bans are forthcoming as the pair were reported by the referee Calum Murray, and fourth official Iain Brines for clashing at full-time of the Scottish Cup fifth-round replay at Celtic Park.

Lennon's ban is four matches as this is the second time he has been reported for misconduct this term, while McCoist's punishment is standard for a first offence.

Both men are able to contest the bans and once appeals are lodged the automatic sanctions are set aside pending the outcome of the cases' consideration by the Scottish Football Association's disciplinary committee.

Lennon had already appealed against another six-game suspension, which was reduced to four following a successful appeal.

Following that decision by an independent review board, the club said they would comment further once given an official reason for the outcome.

"We are awaiting the reasons for this in writing and will make further comment on this issue when this has been received," said Celtic.

"The new sanction imposed by the appeals board is accepted."

Lennon was found guilty of "excessive misconduct" following an altercation with fourth official Steven McLean in an away defeat by Hearts in November.

But Celtic were angered by the length of the suspension, which was a two-match automatic suspension plus a further four matches for excessive misconduct.

However, they have now accepted the new sanction of an automatic two-match suspension and an additional two matches.

"Clearly, we are pleased that the appeals board has decided to set aside the SFA's original decision in its entirety," said their website statement.

Lennon's ban will begin on Saturday against Hamilton Accies in the Scottish Premier League.

He misses the Scottish Cup quarter-final against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, a league meeting against Hibernian and the Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Rangers on 20 March.

Lennon could be in further trouble following Wednesday's altercation with Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist during his side's 1-0 win in their Scottish Cup tie at Celtic Park.

The Scottish Football Association has yet to receive the referee's report from that match and will only then decide its next course of action.

I disagree

Motherwell are the team we need to concentrate on nicking  a top 6 place from and if they had won today they would have a 9 point lead on us meaning we would have to take 10 points form our last 5 games (arabs, Huns, St mirren, Hibs, Motherwell) and hope they lost their last 4 (Killie, Arabs, Us, Hearts).

Id say Caley have done us a favour

We win at tannadice on monday and we are suddenly only 3 points behind motherwell and 2 points behind Caley

I disagree

Motherwell are the team we need to concentrate on nicking  a top 6 place from and if they had won today they would have a 9 point lead on us meaning we would have to take 10 points form our last 5 games (arabs, Huns, St mirren, Hibs, Motherwell) and hope they lost their last 4 (Killie, Arabs, Us, Hearts).

Id say Caley have done us a favour

We win at tannadice on monday and we are suddenly only 3 points behind motherwell and 2 points behind Caley

Exactly how I was looking at it. Pleased with the results today.