Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Guest leith_red

aye, very harsh sending off. There was 1 second between the whistle going and RVP hitting the shot and he booked him for it.

Interestingly, though, Fabergas heard the whistle immediately about 15/20 minutes later.  ???:-\

I think VP heard the whistle fine. Of course he was gonna act dumb afterwards. His shot was very weak for someone who thought he was through on goal still. Still a harsh sending off regardless.

Koscielny was lucky to stay on the park tonight too i thought. He booted the ball into the stand after the Arsenal equaliser which could well have merited a second yellow. Some cracking saves from Almunia stopped it being a more embarrassing scoreline.

I am no bottynal fan or follower.

To suggest Van Persie's sending off was fair is akin to suggesting 99.9% of decisions in favour of the OF are fair, regardless of the numerous lesser decisions that all went one way tonight.

Barcelona - The best team on the night, of the moment and possibly one of the best in history.

Arsenal - An excellent footballing side cheated out of a chance to tactically defend their way into the quarter finals of the champions league.

This is football not a competition to see who can play the prettiest and most passiest (sic), and if ever that was to be proved it was tonight, unfortunately we were denied by FIFA.

To suggest Van Persie's sending off was fair is akin to suggesting 99.9% of decisions in favour of the OF are fair, regardless of the numerous lesser decisions that all went one way tonight.

Barcelona - The best team on the night, of the moment and possibly one of the best in history.

Arsenal - An excellent footballing side cheated out of a chance to tactically defend their way into the quarter finals of the champions league.

This is football not a competition to see who can play the prettiest and most passiest (sic), and if ever that was to be proved it was tonight, unfortunately we were denied by FIFA.

+1

The sending off was ridiculous, and while Barca were far superior throughout there's no doubt the decision made Arsenal's job much harder.

France wiped the floor with Scotland, but we still pinched a great result in Paris.

The Gooners woz robbed.

UEFA, surely?  I do agree that Arsenal were robbed though.

I'm less sympathetic. They hear the whistle every other time? ??? I remember Noel Whelan got booked for finishing a chance after he'd been ruled to have been offside. I think he heard it fine and he knew he was on a yellow. He should be more careful. Ultimately I doubt it'd have made a difference.

And Fabregas gifting them their opener was highly amusing. Here was me thinking that having Fabregas and Van Persie back was meant to be a good thing!

I actually said to my gooner mate that it would be a good thing if Fabregas wasn't playing, because he never plays well against them. In fact I can't think of one good thing he has done when they've played against them.

I think he's an overrated player already to be honest.

I think he's an overrated player already to be honest.

On his day I think he's the best midfielder in the EPL.

The problem he has is that he never properly recovers from his injuries, he is always rushed back and has hardly been fully fit all this season.

best midfielder in England for me Is luca modric. Sensational again tonight for spurs

Highly underrated in my eyes. I agree, he's a fantastic player, never dirty, doesn't cheat. A good honest, skillful player. Well done to the Yids. Lets hope PSV do the huns tonight :):thumbsup:

On his day I think he's the best midfielder in the EPL.

The problem he has is that he never properly recovers from his injuries, he is always rushed back and has hardly been fully fit all this season.

I don't watch Arsenal all that often. Other than what I see on MOTD that is but I guess I've just never seen him "on his day".

Well done to Spurs. They rode their luck at times but I think 'Arry got the tic tacs right tonight. Milan played pretty well but if this is Italy's best (which it supposedly is) against England's 5th team then maybe Engerlunders are right about their league being the best!

Who are these muppets on the ESPN stream commentating on the huns game?!? They are chatting absolute shite, clueless fuckwits. Shows how ignorent Old Firm commentators truly are with their lack of knowledge outwith the grusome twosome. Come on PSV, get this cunts beaten!

Who are these muppets on the ESPN stream commentating on the huns game?!? They are chatting absolute shite, clueless fuckwits. Shows how ignorent Old Firm commentators truly are with their lack of knowledge outwith the grusome twosome. Come on PSV, get this cunts beaten!

Craig "for fucks sake" Burley and Derek Rae were the ESPN commentators. Rae is a Dons fans as well.

Was it not Craig Burley?  He's rapidly turning into the new Andy Gray.  He ruins games for me.  He was terrible during the Dundee Utd game on Monday.

:clap:

fucking right, burley really does not like us.  suits me fine i've never liked him either.