Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

This is slightly different though, were they draped in an Irish flag wearing their rosery beads and tim top?  You have still failed to answer my question, I'll take the win as I know the maority of Aberdeen fans (true fans that is no pretend weegie ones) would go and support the dons in a final even if they played for another club.

Yeah I'll be at the semi.

What a spastic.

Really?  The guy who changes his tune depending on what site he's on? You're a joke man.  I'm sorry to say it as well, but you are.

How have I changed my tune, like I have said on both sites, if I played for another side but was able to go and support my local team in a final then I would.

How have I changed my tune, like I have said on both sites, if I played for another side but was able to go and support my local team in a final then I would.

I think the main reason that fans get pissed off about is that they make it obvious and continually show that they support the filth fae Glasgow, years ago before my time the greats of the 80s probably supported the old firm but they didn't show it like these minks do now adays, sickens me.

So the guys we are talking about, you both agree with and are also sickened by?  I have no issue with anyone supporting their team but there was no need for this shit today.  Maybe you think otherwise however.

I don't see the big problem myself, it's up to them what they do in their free time.

Couldnt agree with this more, honestly couldnt give a flying fuck who they support or what football matches they go to, they're allowed their own lives and as long as it doesnt interfere with their professional lives then its nobody elses business.

So the guys we are talking about, you both agree with and are also sickened by?  I have no issue with anyone supporting their team but there was no need for this shit today.  Maybe you think otherwise however.

So you dont have an issue with them supporting their team, but you have an issue with them supporting their team today?

Makes no sense what so ever.

Unless they were getting up to something im not aware of.

*edit- typo*

So you dont have an issue with them supporting their team, but you have an issue with them supporting your team today?

Makes no sense what so ever.

Unless they were getting up to something im not aware of.

I have no issue with Aberdeen players supporting sides they had grown up supporting.. i.e. "i support Celtic" "I support Dundee" etc... however, there are limits.  I don't think it's right that these guys head to Hampden kitted up going to actively support Celtic when they still have a job to do for Aberdeen at the same venue against the very same team. However if they sat in their house with a few beers wanting Celtic to win i can accept that.  All amounts to the same thing I admit, but it's not kicking the fans in the nuts at the same time, is it?

My personal feeling is that it's a bit "unprofessional" whilst still playing for a club in direct oppostion on a regular basis.

Now if they were, say, Arbroath or Stranraer players (no offence) I would see no problem, but it leaves them open to the "only raise their game against *insert old-filth team of choice* allegations.

It's not that far from me working for one company, yet advertising their competitors goods, in my own time, cos I like them better.......I doubt I'd have a job for long.

I think I'm maybe stretching the point here, but not much! They should respect their employers (the club and us the fans) not take the piss. Support in private if you like/want, but not on national TV FFS!

EDIT: Even making allowances for the fact that they're thick-as-fuck post-adolescent twats  ::)

I remember years ago being at a supporters club function  some sort of quiz for a testimonial and some players were there, we ended up watching the League cup final after the quiz and Joe Miller was wasted and was in the car park singing Celtic Songs, while Eion Jess tried to shut him up and throw him in the back of his car.

The way I see it is that it is no different to me driving to my work at a Subaru dealer in a Mazda.

If I was playing for another team and had a day off I would be away supporting the Dons.

The way I see it it shows a distinct lack of class from both Diamond and Maguire but especially Diamond as he's the vice captain. They can support who they want but I don't think they should be ramming it down our throats like this. It's nothing new from Diamond, though. I'm sure he's strolls about Aberdeen City Centre wearing his beloved Hoops top. :roll:

The way I see it it shows a distinct lack of class from both Diamond and Maguire but especially Diamond as he's the vice captain. They can support who they want but I don't think they should be ramming it down our throats like this. It's nothing new from Diamond, though. I'm sure he's strolls about Aberdeen City Centre wearing his beloved Hoops top. :roll:

To give the cunt (some) credit, he at least had the decency to wear a Boston Celtic's top the last time I seen him on a bigot day.

:lolabove: Fishing?

Anyway.....

Nope not that. I'd be questioning their attitude if it was any SPL team they were seen actively supporting since that's DIRECT COMPETITION. Now if they'd been seen supporting Barca or Liverpool that wouldn't bother me since we're hardly going to be competing against them.

Interesting concept, having away team colours displayed and legends up on the wall. Can't say i'd be happy to have any huns or tims on the wall tbh!

A couple of colleagues of mine live down in Brighton, and commented on how disappointing it was from the road. And I see what they mean. I remember when the stadium idea was mooted a few years back, and it seemed to nestle nicely into the surrounding hills. Shame.

Still, better than the Withdean!

Interesting concept, having away team colours displayed and legends up on the wall. Can't say i'd be happy to have any huns or tims on the wall tbh!

I wouldn't be happy with Narey, Heggarty and McAlpine on our walls when United came to play either, it'd just inspire the Jutes to keep passing the ball back to their keeper...

Wouldn't be happy either when Hearts came to play and we put up visions of legends such as .... eh.... .... .... ?