Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

You missed my point with the punching above their weight suggestion. The team is clearly not get the percentage of funds the club makes when you compare it to others at the top end of the PL, in that respect are they punching above their weight? Should the fans expect more when the investment in the team isn't their?

Talk tough and call people stupid all you like, by doing such things it overshadows what could be a decent post. Now stop the sniping and then we might be able to have a debate.

And finally the current Man U team is nowhere near as good as they have been in the past and part of it is down to the high standards previous league winners have set. Arsenal have had a wayward season yet are still within touching distance of Man U, if they were better than average then they would of had the league done and dusted.

You missed my point with the punching above their weight suggestion. The team is clearly not get the percentage of funds the club makes when you compare it to others at the top end of the PL, in that respect are they punching above their weight? Should the fans expect more when the investment in the team isn't their?

Wenger has repeatedly stated he has money to spend but chooses not to as he believes he doesn't need to for his side to be succesful. 

Talk tough and call people stupid all you like, by doing such things it overshadows what could be a decent post. Now stop the sniping and then we might be able to have a debate.

Says the man who also said I was talking "utter balls" but didn't have the good grace to explain why he thought so, and the very same who took his ball and went home at first because people didn't agree with him, but it actually turns out folk are saying mostly the same thing as him, but he chooses not to acknowledge this.

And finally the current Man U team is nowhere near as good as they have been in the past and part of it is down to the high standards previous league winners have set. Arsenal have had a wayward season yet are still within touching distance of Man U, if they were better than average then they would of had the league done and dusted.

The first part you say there.... that has been said many times in this thread. No one is disputing that.

United have had a "wayward" time away from home, but compared to Arsenal (and everyone else) their home form is exceptional... or is that just average too?

And by the way, 7 points is not within touching distance.  If United are average, Arsenal, Chelsea and City are just plain shite, but I don't believe they are for a second.

Real would need to beat Barca in the semi first...

Just watched the Inter v Schalke goals, looked to be a better game.

I watched the Inter game as my mate was up who is a huge Inter fan. Really good game mostly because neither team can defend.  Inter's backline is horrendous, no communication, no urgency; two pretty insipid performances from them in two games. Can't imagine the locals putting up with that for much longer.

Just watched the Inter - Schalke game highlights, what a finish from Stankovic! It did look like a comedy of errors for most of the goals more than anything. Though Raul's goal was a Raul special.

GD, I saw the tackles, you were right, I thought you may have had your white spectacles on ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13004471

Sunderland are being sued by a fan who was injured while watching the team train, the chairman has revealed.

Niall Quinn was responding to a question during a BBC Radio Newcastle phone-in about whether fans were still allowed to watch training sessions.

He said that legal action was ongoing after the supporter was knocked out by a stray shot.

The Premier League club has declined to release further details about the incident.

Niall Quinn said: "We had a supporter who got a bad injury,

"I think it was one of Djibril Cisse's misses where he had a shot from 20 yards.

"I'm making fun of it now, but it knocked a supporter out. It was quite serious.

"That supporter is in the process of suing us right now."

Fuck sake. Unless Cisse (or whoever it was) deliberately targeted them as some sort of personal vendetta this is really getting silly now. Didnt someone try to sue middlesborough a couple a years ago because other fans around them wouldnt stop singing during the match?

:hammer:

Also says on BBC website, £20 for a child at New Douglas Park the day. Absolutely ridiculous. Hamilton trying to get one last big pay day from the OF before their relegated? Couple of players released the day too so already started slashing the wage bill.

How many more games do they have to lose until their relegation is confirmed? That's an extortionate amount of money to see two shite teams.

Sounds like Arsenal should have a cricket score already. I read that if Blackpool get relegated, their players will have to take a 50% pay cut.

County one up, absolute howler from the Queen's keeper! Defintely be on a football bloopers video one day. County are very attcking, pressing for the second one.

2 nil up now. Dundee 1 each with Stirling. Stirling have to avoid losing or they will be officially relegated. Villa are 1 up courtesy of a James Collins header.