Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Blackpool will be missed by many, Birmingham missed by very few I'd imagine. Turgid fare from them throughout the season.  Big Eck sacked tonight and takes the West Ham job within a couple of days is my prediction.

Probably aye.

Souness sums it up about Blackpool by saying they should have been able to see out one or two of their 2 goal leads.

Redknapp arguing and losing.

Probably aye.

Souness sums it up about Blackpool by saying they should have been able to see out one or two of their 2 goal leads.

Precisely. Same with West Ham. Someone did a "half time league table" and West Ham were way up the league... but if you can't defend leads for 45 minutes then I'd say you probably deserve to go down.

Precisely. Same with West Ham. Someone did a "half time league table" and West Ham were way up the league... but if you can't defend leads for 45 minutes then I'd say you probably deserve to go down.

This. Blackpool probably couldn't afford decent experienced defenders, West Ham actually had supposedly decent players at the back, who probably aren't. Unless the whole shit season is down to Grant being a useless cunt, I'm thinking it's the latter.

I would've preferred to see Blackpool stay up. I like Holloway and Blackpool's attacking mentality was good to see even if they are now living proof as to why teams don't do it more often.

I wanted Wolves to go down. Shitty club with an arsehole of a manager. Whinging cunt. They even invaded the pitch at full time after a home defeat to Blackburn. What a fucking embarrassment.

I quite like Martinez so was pleased to see Wigan stay up. I would've liked Brum to stay up too because I like to see McLeish doing well.

Can't comment on the Scottish Cup final because I didn't watch it. Lot of shite.

One thing about this weekend though is it was a cracking advert for the EPL. MoTD covered it superbly.

Eire 5-0 Northern Ireland

Looking at the line up im thinking the North dont give a fuck about this tournament

I wouldn't know if they did or not.

Looks like the FAI's crazy pricing for these games has come back to bite them on the ass, looked about 10,000 in the ground tonight.

Tough for Scotland to win this now, hopefully they win tomorrow so they at least make a game of it

Hardly Crazy prices, €30 for Ireland games and €20 for non-Ireland games.

I do like the idea of the tournament, but the format is just shite. Just like N.Ireland.

On a plus note, it's looking good for me flying over tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Hardly Crazy prices, €30 for Ireland games and €20 for non-Ireland games.

I do like the idea of the tournament, but the format is just shite. Just like N.Ireland.

On a plus note, it's looking good for me flying over tomorrow  :thumbsup:

I thought tickets for Sunday were 40Euros with some cheaper ones (I managed to get a £27 ticket but that was the "Cheap" one)

I thought tickets for Sunday were 40Euros with some cheaper ones (I managed to get a £27 ticket but that was the "Cheap" one)

As did I - I don't know of anybody who's going and didn't get one either. Additionally, any (Irish) fan who bought a ticket for it also gets free entry to both Welsh games this week.

My flight today has been delayed.

just over 6000 people turn up and they put approx 3000 of them in the stand behind one goal

This tournament ROCKS!!!!!!

Dissapointing crowd but guess more folk will have decided to just head over for the weekend match rather than the whole week.  I think the tournament has been a great idea (although I would say that given Scotland's two wins).  Much more valuable to the manager than normal friendlies, with a bit of a competitive edge.  Probably need to make some adjustments to the tournament (could it not be like the 6 nations where home/away is alternated each tournament?) but overall pros out weigh the cons.

Aye fuck playing all the games in one city, a six nations format would be miles better and drum up waaaaaaaay more interest in fans.  Dont see why it couldnt be played over the season as well in place of friendlys

I'm still surprised that this hasn't been picked up by the various home nations FA's. The 6 nations is incredibly successful and exciting, I don't see how something similar couldn't work for football. Obviously England will be the stick in the muds who don't want to comit to something like this, as they probably view themselves bigger than all the rest put together. But staying in one city for the whole tournament? pointless.

Aye fuck playing all the games in one city, a six nations format would be miles better and drum up waaaaaaaay more interest in fans.  Dont see why it couldnt be played over the season as well in place of friendlys

The league season is broken up enough by international fixtures these days, adding more to it will needlessly extend the season.