Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

The league season is broken up enough by international fixtures these days, adding more to it will needlessly extend the season.

It wouldn't.

There are a number of international breaks that the leagues have to take.  Not all of these will be taken up by qualifiers and are for friendlies (such as this tournament).  Three "four nation" games vs RoI, NI and Wales each season instead friendlies against Denmark, Faroes, Hungry etc wouldn't cause any fixture problems.

It wouldn't.

There are a number of international breaks that the leagues have to take.  Not all of these will be taken up by qualifiers and are for friendlies (such as this tournament).  Three "four nation" games vs RoI, NI and Wales each season instead friendlies against Denmark, Faroes, Hungry etc wouldn't cause any fixture problems.

Scotland play three friendlies a year during the season? as much as that? What a joke.

Three "four nation" games vs RoI, NI and Wales each season instead friendlies against Denmark, Faroes, Hungry etc wouldn't cause any fixture problems.

I think friendlies eat into the season too much already. I've little appetite for them.

Scotland play three friendlies a year during the season? as much as that? What a joke.

The FIFA international calendar for 2011 and 12

31 May - 01 June 61st FIFA Congress Zurich

01 June Friendly match day

03-07 June International match days

05-25 June CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011 USA USA

18 June - 10 July FIFA U-17 World Cup Mexico 2011 Mexico

26 June - 17 July FIFA Women's World Cup Germany 2011 Germany

01-24 July Copa America 2011 Argentina

29 July - 20 August FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 Colombia

30 July Preliminary Draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

10 August Friendly match day

01-11 September FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Ravenna/Italy 2011 Italy

02-06 September International match days

07-11 October International match days

11-15 November International match days

08-18 December FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2011 Japan

01-31 January Africa Cup of Nations 2012 Equatorial Guinea/Gabon

29 February Friendly match day

22 March UEFA Congress

24-25 May FIFA Congress

01-05 June International match days

08-12 June International match days

08 June - 01 July UEFA EURO 2012 Poland/Ukraine

25 July - 11 August Olympic Football Tournaments London 2012 - Men England

25 July - 11 August Olympic Football Tournaments London 2012 - Women England

15 August Friendly match day

07-11 September Friendly match day

12-16 October International match days

02-18 November FIFA Futsal World Cup Thailand 2012 Thailand

14 November Friendly match day

The FIFA international calendar for 2011 and 12

31 May - 01 June 61st FIFA Congress Zurich

01 June Friendly match day

03-07 June International match days

05-25 June CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011 USA USA

18 June - 10 July FIFA U-17 World Cup Mexico 2011 Mexico

26 June - 17 July FIFA Women's World Cup Germany 2011 Germany

01-24 July Copa America 2011 Argentina

29 July - 20 August FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011 Colombia

30 July Preliminary Draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

10 August Friendly match day

01-11 September FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Ravenna/Italy 2011 Italy

02-06 September International match days

07-11 October International match days

11-15 November International match days

08-18 December FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2011 Japan

01-31 January Africa Cup of Nations 2012 Equatorial Guinea/Gabon

29 February Friendly match day

22 March UEFA Congress

24-25 May FIFA Congress

01-05 June International match days

08-12 June International match days

08 June - 01 July UEFA EURO 2012 Poland/Ukraine

25 July - 11 August Olympic Football Tournaments London 2012 - Men England

25 July - 11 August Olympic Football Tournaments London 2012 - Women England

15 August Friendly match day

07-11 September Friendly match day

12-16 October International match days

02-18 November FIFA Futsal World Cup Thailand 2012 Thailand

14 November Friendly match day

They're surely days when Friendlies can be played, not necessarily days when Scotland will or have played friendlies and are actually the dates that are generally used for the qualifiers, no?

They're surely days when Friendlies can be played, not necessarily days when Scotland will or have played friendlies and are actually the dates that are generally used for the qualifiers, no?

I presume the qualifiers are "international match days" although would need to check.  All these dates will be dates that National Leagues will not be allowed to hold league games on (or if they do will need to allow players to leave for International duty if picked).  Of course you don't HAVE to play friendlies but many will.

I presume the qualifiers are "international match days" although would need to check.  All these dates will be dates that National Leagues will not be allowed to hold league games on (or if they do will need to allow players to leave for International duty if picked).  Of course you don't HAVE to play friendlies but many will.

The ones in September are definitely used for qualifiers normally. February too, I believe.

The ones in September are definitely used for qualifiers normally. February too, I believe.

Sept dates in 2011 are designated "international matches" we play the Czechs. The ones in 2012 will be just after Euro 2012 so probably won't have started WC qualifying by then. This Feb we played NI in the Celtic Cup (friendly)

Sept dates in 2011 are designated "international matches" we play the Czechs. The ones in 2012 will be just after Euro 2012 so probably won't have started WC qualifying by then. This Feb we played NI in the Celtic Cup (friendly)

Would it not be more beneficial for Scotland (and the Irish and Welsh) to play friendlies against teams of similar styles to those they'll play in tournament qualification matches, and dare I say it, tournaments? Playing similar style sides isn't really going to help much is it?

Dimitar Berbatov doesn't even make the Manchester United bench: Van der Sar, Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Hernandez.

Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Anderson, Smalling, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher.

Barcelona club captain Carles Puyol doesn't start, with Javier Mascherano taking his place in central defence: Valdes, Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Abidal, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa.

Subs: to come

:o  Big blow for Barca. United as expected really.

My prediction is it has been so overhyped (particularly because it is the last game of the season) that it will be a dire 1-0 affair. The goal will be a dire shot that takes a massive deflection but the commentators will still find some way of making out whoever scored be it rooney, messi, Villa, berbatov etc knew exactly what they were doing

My prediction is it has been so overhyped (particularly because it is the last game of the season) that it will be a dire 1-0 affair. The goal will be a dire shot that takes a massive deflection but the commentators will still find some way of making out whoever scored be it rooney, messi, Villa, berbatov etc knew exactly what they were doing

Deary me. Why bother Tom? Football is supposed to be enjoyable. If you don't enjoy it, why do you bother?

Good game, unusual for a champs league final . Best team won. How Valencia stayed on the pitch was beyond me, I thought he had a terrible game.

How Valencia was continually penalised for shoulder challenges is beyond me!!

Better side won, good game though.

I do enjoy football Bobby. What i cannot stand is the media over hyping every single detail about a match which for me thanks to this wonderful champions league bullshit is getting to be as unique as a Man United vs Liverpool/ Arsenal/ Chelsea league match.

And 9 times out of 10 that hype ends in complete tedium