Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

The Scotland captain Darren Ferguson has been left out of Manchester United's tour of the U.S.A. -raising fears he could be unavailable for Euro 2012 qualifying. (Daily Star)

Who knew he was still playing!

I read that Fletcher has been left at Carrington for tests. Quite concerning really, how long has he been out for ???

Huns were playing Stirling Albion in a friendly tonight.  Apparently the police asked for the game to be stopped due to sectarian singing (it wasn't), were wading into the orcs and held them in the ground after the game.

Sign of things to come?

Cowdenbeath 2-1 Hearts  :thumbsup:

Brechin 4-4 Killie

Yeovil 2-4 ICT

Dumbarton 0-2 St Mirren

Watched Chile vs Venezuela in the Copa America today.

Farcical goals that Darren Mackie's arse would've been proud of. I was expecting the Copa to be full of typical South American flair. But it's shite - every team seems scared to do anything beyond the absolute basics

You should try watching the Brazilian league. Perhaps I have been unlucky but all the games ive seen in that have been more stop start than a game of american football. All dives and over acting etc. You watch that and you wonder how Brazil ever achieve anything in the national game

The Argentinian league on the other hand  :thumbsup:

You should try watching the Brazilian league. Perhaps I have been unlucky but all the games ive seen in that have been more stop start than a game of american football. All dives and over acting etc. You watch that and you wonder how Brazil ever achieve anything in the national game

The Argentinian league on the other hand  :thumbsup:

Probably because most of their players play well outwith Brazil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/8648359/Celtics-new-season-could-be-hampered-by-taxing-series-of-friendlies-admits-Kris-Commons.html

Celtic are desperate to avoid allowing Rangers to claim a fourth successive championship for the first time in 20 years yet manager Neil Lennon and his players have been hampered by a pre-season itinerary which looks as though it has been devised by a drunk throwing darts at a map.  

The club returned to action by criss-crossing Australia to play three matches earlier this month. On Wednesday, they head to Wales to face Cardiff City.

On Sunday they open their league campaign with a visit to Hibernian and have organised a challenge match against Wolves at Parkhead next midweek.

They have elected to opt out of playing in the SPL the following weekend, heading instead to Dublin where they will face Inter Milan on Friday and a League of Ireland Select on the Saturday.

Three days later, they return to Wales to take on Swansea City in another friendly before travelling to Aberdeen for a lunch-time kick-off in the league four days later, after which it’s all competitive action, with two Europa League qualifying round matches sandwiched between SPL fixtures.

It is a schedule which is more likely to hinder Lennon than help him and Scotland midfielder Kris Commons admits it is not what the players would have chosen for themselves.

:thumbsup:

Only people who should be booing that are man city fans and their own players/ officials for not finishing an easy chance.

BOO FUCKING HOO a rival teams footballer doesnt 'respect' your team. Never occured to me to get upset about the likes of Ricksen, Novo, Kanchelskis, Lennon etc 'disrespecting Aberdeen football club. I was too busy wishing one of our players to deck the fuckers whenever they got the chance.

Diving in studs up and taking someone out in a friendly is one thing. Making a big deal out of something like that is stupid as far as im concerned. I see it as an admission by the LA Galaxy that they themselves dont think they are equal to a premiership side.

Dont boo him, give him pelters for missing an easy chance  ::)

Balotelli clearly thought he was offside. He practically stopped. Why he thought he was offside I'm not sure. Although it's clear that he's a fucking dipshit with less intelligence than the bib he struggled to get on a couple of months back.