Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

AS a person who has had a few issues with wenger over the years it has surprised me greatly at how I have warmed to him in recent times.  I think the way he had conducted himself under such scrutiny of his abilities has been superb and last night arsenal were a joy to watch.  Gone was the lets pass the ball into the net mentality,  replaced instead by a real hunger to get shots on goal.  Players were actually shooting from distance ffs.

That said a lot of the play was still the aesthetically pleasing game expected from arsenal but with much more of an edge. Song looked a player that could actually be a midfield hatchet man if required and walcott and van persie bristled with menace.  It could be said the goalie was slightly out of position for the udinese goal but such was the quality of the header this would be harsh and anyway even if he was he more than made up for it with the penalty save. 

This could be a good season for arsenal, they are three big signings away from being a very good side imo.  A willian from shaktar or renato augusto from leverkusen would likely slot right in, pastore from palermo would also be a good shout.  A decent no nonsense english centre half  (gary cahill is the best that has been mentioned) and a midfielder like scott parker would do them the world of good, also maybe playing  with a slightly more direct approach would suit the chamakhs of this world (i'm sure wenger would love to trot out the (its like an new signing line).    Unfortunately for arsenal wenger doesn't classically have a great eye for making such signings.  Players like reyes and arshavin spring to mind, they do ok for a spell than fade as players......... Nasri was a success though.  Lets be honest no one will be surprised if he only decides to sign a 17 year old unknown from madrid that only players of football manager have ever heard of.

Good post.

I think even Sir Alex thinks that Wenger is no longer the moaning cheese eating surrender monkey that he used to be.  Would quite like to see him weather the current storm at Arsenal.

Good post.

I think even Sir Alex thinks that Wenger is no longer the moaning cheese eating surrender monkey that he used to be.  Would quite like to see him weather the current storm at Arsenal.

Thank you, very kind of you to say.  I really hope wenger stays on as well but he really needs to pull a few proverbial rabbits out of the hats before the transfer window closes.  Its not impossible, hes still got a week and regardless of what managers say about wanting teams together before the start of a season too many players and agents want to hang on to the last minute to get the best deal possible.  Arsenal really need to show not only their fans but the continent in general they still have ambition because they have pretty much stood still the past three years. 

Good post.

Or maybe Fergie just no longer sees him as a threat, hence the more amicable attitude.  He's had Wenger's number for years now.

That was the worst arsenal side I've seen for years, today. Absolutely rudderless; hugely short on game intelligence, confidence and leadership.

Or maybe Fergie just no longer sees him as a threat, hence the more amicable attitude.  He's had Wenger's number for years now.

That was the worst arsenal side I've seen for years, today. Absolutely rudderless; hugely short on game intelligence, confidence and leadership.

They were absymal.

I know the excuses are already being trotted out, injuries, suspensions etc, but if a club with their resources and aspirations don't have sufficient quality available for cover, then it simply continues to raise doubts about Wenger's decision making.

I love watching Arsenal play, most of the time. But they can be incredibly frustrating - almost as much as watching the Dons, maybe even more so because the quality in their team.

Going by today's "performance", AFC are a long way short of only needing 3 big signings to be back in contention. That would help restore some faith, but I think they need to overhaul the back 4, almost completely. Add a solid, strong midfielder and a top notch striker.  I'd also like a better 'keeper, but it's not the highest on their list of needs.

As much as I dislike ManUtd, they were very, very good.

You in the pub watching ManU rather than head to ibrox today bobby? Poor show.

Nope, I was in my flat watching Man Utd today after getting back from holiday at 2 this morning.  Didn't know if Id make it back in time for Ibrox so never bought a ticket before I left.

Why the fuck you should ever question my support or why I should have to justify myself to you I'm not sure, but I'm sure you'll explain that to me next time I see you.

Nope, I was in my flat watching Man Utd today after getting back from holiday at 2 this morning.  Didn't know if Id make it back in time for Ibrox so never bought a ticket before I left.

Why the fuck you should ever question my support or why I should have to justify myself to you I'm not sure, but I'm sure you'll explain that to me next time I see you.

Calm down dear

call yersel a real fan? pfft  :thumbsup:

I know it's only 3 games in but Man Utd are looking good for the title. They're playing amazing football and are as close to Barcelona in terms of ability as they've been for years. Assuming they can keep up their curren level of performance.

I made it to Anfield on Saturday and saw Liverpool also play very very well but probably not well enough to finish above the Manchester sides. 3-1 flattered Bolton and how Suarez never got on the scoresheet I'll never quite know.

Torres is still shite.