Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I know it's only 3 games in but Man Utd are looking good for the title. They're playing amazing football and are as close to Barcelona in terms of ability as they've been for years. Assuming they can keep up their curren level of performance.

I made it to Anfield on Saturday and saw Liverpool also play very very well but probably not well enough to finish above the Manchester sides. 3-1 flattered Bolton and how Suarez never got on the scoresheet I'll never quite know.

Torres is still shite.

Think Man U will walk it. City 2nd. Chelsea and Liverpool scrapping for 3rd.

Although Man U have started the way chelsea did last year. One or two injuries and they're gubbed. If City find consistency they could do em, but I fancy city for chump's league more than epl.

I think Man Utd will be able to cope with one or two injuries. Their players from Last year are mostly still there but this year they've got youngsters such as Cleverly and Welbeck in the team but still have Carrick and Berbatov. I don't rate Carrick but I dare say he could cover.

Think Man U will walk it. City 2nd. Chelsea and Liverpool scrapping for 3rd.

Although Man U have started the way chelsea did last year. One or two injuries and they're gubbed. If City find consistency they could do em, but I fancy city for chump's league more than epl.

They've already got three or four injuries and steam rollered over Arsenal.

They've already got three or four injuries and steam rollered over Arsenal.

should've said "key" injuries. Ferdinand and Vidic would be a problem against the top teams but I wouldn't count arsenal in that currently. Lose Rooney and Young for a month or two and I'd see em struggling against a few teams in chump's league and/or epl.

But saying all that I do think it's only bad luck that would fuck them. Really impressed by wellbeck in particular.

Also, has fletcher shaken off his aids yet?

Nope, I was in my flat watching Man Utd today after getting back from holiday at 2 this morning.  Didn't know if Id make it back in time for Ibrox so never bought a ticket before I left.

Why the fuck you should ever question my support or why I should have to justify myself to you I'm not sure, but I'm sure you'll explain that to me next time I see you.

And yet you still did!  :lolabove:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14754447.stm

Celtic have been reinstated in the Europa League after Uefa expelled Sion from the competition.

Sion, who had been subject to a transfer embargo, fielded several new signings during their 3-1 aggregate win over Celtic in the play-off round.

A Celtic spokesman said: "We have been advised by Uefa that the two protests relating to the matches against FC Sion have been upheld."

"As a result of which each match has been forfeited in favour of Celtic."

Celtic will therefore take Sion's place in Group I, which also features Atletico Madrid, Rennes and Udinese.

The spokesman added: "We are pleased by this decision, the approach which has been taken by Uefa and the fact that Uefa rules and regulations have been upheld. We are also grateful for the support of the SFA in this matter."

Sion have three days to appeal against the verdict.

Earlier in the week, the Swiss club's president Christian Constantin had been confident of preserving Sion's place in the competition.

He told BBC Scotland: "The bottom line is that we are in the right. There's no doubt.

"It's just that there are cases where Fifa want to take unilateral decisions by force rather than by just means.

"Uefa approved the list of players we submitted, but now, because of pressure from Fifa, they're trying to find justification for making us forfeit the tie.

"We will battle fiercely to avoid losing the case. Fifa may try to mask the facts, but that won't be easy."

Constantin added that Celtic were "within their rights" to lodge their protests.

Surely that must mean our co-efficient rockets to the point we get 3 champions league places and enough europa league places to make winning the league cup a bit more worthwhile

No?

Ah well there is still the matter of an appeal by Sion. Interesting that it is apparenlty FIFA that have forced UEFA into taking action. The fact they approved Sions player list for the last round is a big foot in the door for the swiss legal team

QPR look a good side. How they're not ahead in this game is beyond me!

Taraabt is absolute quality when he fancies it.

Aye - he looks good.

Wright-phillips & Barton are also looking to be very good signings for QPR.  Newcastle were nuts letting him (barton) go on a free. 

Having said that - we were all saying how good blackpool were at the start of last season.  I reckon that QPR will end up in the bottom 5 come may.  How well they do depends on how the wingers get on (& stay fit).

Aye - he looks good.

Wright-phillips & Barton are also looking to be very good signings for QPR.  Newcastle were nuts letting him (barton) go on a free. 

Having said that - we were all saying how good blackpool were at the start of last season.  I reckon that QPR will end up in the bottom 5 come may.  How well they do depends on how the wingers get on (& stay fit).

can't see em going down but bottom 5 will be right if they can't turn domination into wins!

some very interesting champions league games this eve.  Biggest is easily barca vs milan but chances of getting that on in the pub are hee haw when chelsea and arsenal are on.  Dortmund v arsenal could be a real goal fest (obviously its worth sticking a few quid on 0-0 now i've said that.

some very interesting champions league games this eve.  Biggest is easily barca vs milan but chances of getting that on in the pub are hee haw when chelsea and arsenal are on.  Dortmund v arsenal could be a real goal fest (obviously its worth sticking a few quid on 0-0 now i've said that.

Looking forward to watching this one. If BVB play to their best Arsenal will really struggle.

Looking forward to watching this one. If BVB play to their best Arsenal will really struggle.

BVB have had a relatively poor start to the league, including losing 2-1 at home to Hertha on Saturday. Agree though that if they get going then they'll cause the Arse a lot of problems. Mario Goetze is a tremendous player and they'll need to be right on top of him all night.

BVB have had a relatively poor start to the league, including losing 2-1 at home to Hertha on Saturday. Agree though that if they get going then they'll cause the Arse a lot of problems. Mario Goetze is a tremendous player and they'll need to be right on top of him all night.

Aye, they don't seem quite as fluent as they were last season yet, not helped by the loss of Sahin. Hopefully they turn in a good showing tonight though as they're potentially a great addition to this year's competition.