Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

See celtic vs pars in on tonight with a kick off that directly clashes with the champions league games

Do UEFA just pick and choose when to enforce this 'no top flight domestic football on champions league night?

Technically it is a re-arranged game so ok to be up against Chumps League as long as not live on TV.  We played St J last year when the Chumps League was on I think

Spurs seem to have been denied a fair goal. yes the opposition player was down, so what?

Aye - decent enough game, but extra officials seem to just cause more confusion.

I'd have given a free-kick for Defoe kicking him in the back of the head though.

Offside the final decision? I'm nae sure.

In other football news: Celtic are pish.

Bolton's travails amuse. Owen Coyle has been farting above his weight for a very long time now. Good manager he may be. May not be too. But by fuck does he play the establishment line. He makes my skin crawl.

Aye, not a fan either. Makes me laugh that he has Kenny Black and Sandy Stewart in his backroom staff and yet Coyle is full of the "...play football in the right manner" patter.  His sidekicks certainly never bothered to do it in their careers.

Ajax will be sick at this situation

Before tonights games

1. Real madrid  P5    GD+14    Pts 15

2. Ajax              P5    GD+3      Pts  8

3. Lyon              P5    GD-4      Pts  5

4. D. Zagreb      P5    GD-13    Pts  0

Both the ajax lyon games finished 0-0

Tonights Scores

Ajax 0-2 Real Madrid

Dynamo Zagreb 1-7 Lyon

Anyone here put money on a 7 goal turnaround?

and both sides of manchester appear to be going out unless something strang/ special happen

Loved the commentators comment "chelsea and arsenal won't be frightened about drawing basel".  Perhaps not but given that Basel did significantly better against ManU than either of those sides this season it does kind of some up the patronising arrogance and ignorance of said commentator and sections of the English footballing media/support.

The commentators during the Man Utd game were fucking embarrassing too. Fucking wanking over Man Utd when they were clearly playing shit. Man Utd had 2 more shots off target so Man Utd were "dominating the stats" (whilst 1-0 down). Fucking joke.

The commentators during the Man Utd game were fucking embarrassing too. Fucking wanking over Man Utd when they were clearly playing shit. Man Utd had 2 more shots off target so Man Utd were "dominating the stats" (whilst 1-0 down). Fucking joke.

Aye the quote I posted was actually made during the Basel V ManU match when ManU were getting beat 2-0  ???

Clive Tyldesley doesn't even attempt to hide his support any more. His embittered rantings made the result even more amusing.