1. Real madrid  P5    GD+14    Pts 15

2. Ajax              P5    GD+3      Pts  8

3. Lyon              P5    GD-4      Pts  5

4. D. Zagreb      P5    GD-13    Pts  0

Both the ajax lyon games finished 0-0

Tonights Scores

Ajax 0-2 Real Madrid

Dynamo Zagreb 1-7 Lyon

Anyone here put money on a 7 goal turnaround?

and both sides of manchester appear to be going out unless something strang/ special happen

Even worse for Ajax was that they scored twice while 1-0 down and had both ruled out for offside when both were clearly onside.  Would be quite unhappy if I was Ajax...

10 Largest Crowds in Scottish Football yesterday (yes im bored)

Celtic vs Hearts                      - 49,023    (81% capacity: 11,809 empty seats/ bits of jagged metal/ concrete steps)

Hibernian vs Rangers              -11,380    (56% capacity:  8,870 empty seats)

Aberdeen vs St mirren              - 9,452    (43% capacity: 12,747 empty seats)

Dundee vs Queen of the South - 5,019    (42% capacity:  7,066 empty seats)

Inverness vs Dundee Ytd          - 3,142    (41% capacity:  4,370 empty seats)

Falkirk vs Hamilton Accies          - 3,024    (37% capacity:  5,176 empty seats)

St Johnstone vs Motherwell      - 2,885    (27% capacity:  7,788 empty seats) Thats 3rd vs 4th  ::)

Morton vs Partick Thistle            - 1,849    (17% capacity:  9,251 empty seats/ terraces)

Raith Rovers vs Livingston        - 1,604    (19% capacity:  6,871 empty seats)

Stenhousemuir vs Airdre            -    698    (19% capacity:  3,078 empty seats/terraces)

getting worse?

Its not just that dispicable cunt, its the whole of ITV "Sport".  They seem to think the competition is the "English Champions League".  Fucking biased ignorant wank stains, the whole lot of them.

To be honest cunts on sky are not much better.

10 Largest Crowds in Scottish Football yesterday (yes im bored)

Celtic vs Hearts                      - 49,023    (81% capacity: 11,809 empty seats/ bits of jagged metal/ concrete steps)

Hibernian vs Rangers              -11,380    (56% capacity:  8,870 empty seats)

Aberdeen vs St mirren              - 9,452    (43% capacity: 12,747 empty seats)

Dundee vs Queen of the South - 5,019    (42% capacity:  7,066 empty seats)

Inverness vs Dundee Ytd          - 3,142    (41% capacity:  4,370 empty seats)

Falkirk vs Hamilton Accies          - 3,024    (37% capacity:  5,176 empty seats)

St Johnstone vs Motherwell      - 2,885    (27% capacity:  7,788 empty seats) Thats 3rd vs 4th  ::)

Morton vs Partick Thistle            - 1,849    (17% capacity:  9,251 empty seats/ terraces)

Raith Rovers vs Livingston        - 1,604    (19% capacity:  6,871 empty seats)

Stenhousemuir vs Airdre            -    698    (19% capacity:  3,078 empty seats/terraces)

getting worse?

Dundee's crowds are very impressive this season.  Obviously they are going quite well but any idea if they have cut prices at all?  Bit frightening that a 3 figure crowd can be in the top 10.

Dundee's crowds are very impressive this season.  Obviously they are going quite well but any idea if they have cut prices at all?  Bit frightening that a 3 figure crowd can be in the top 10.

£10 into Dens on Saturday and all U16s accompained by an adult were free.

Was this just a one off as they have had bigger crowds than quite a few SPL games in recent weeks.

Think the £10 in was a one off in the run up to Christmas.

It's been similarly proven that reducing prices is a money loser and doesn't bring in enough/many extra long term fans. It's a pretty horrible situation.

Agree that discounting one off games probably does nothing to attract people back long term but what I would argue is that reducing prices permanently might get enough fans back to make up the loss in income. At the moment prices being charged are driving fans away not attracting them.

Agree with Jute. One off discounts are fine but a long term/permanent reduction is needed. And no it won't have people battering down the doors straight away. People will take time to come back. A few wins wouldn't go a miss either. ::)

So I don't think anything has been "proven" about the effectiveness of price cuts.

Maybe "proven" isnt the right word. But reducing prices doesn't work economically with no guarantees of a substantial enough return of disaffected/skint fans given most clubs have a fragile balance sheet I don't see what clubs alternatives are in the short to mid term. Motherwell and Hearts have experimented with reducing prices, albeit whilst paying wages they couldn't/can't support. You'd have to assume given those examples, if folk want a price reflective of the standard, the standard will most likely have to drop still further to accommodate the revenue loss.

This.

Im still wondering why the club have not tried the same system the transport companys offer ergo the earlier you buy your ticket the cheaper it is

They are selling tickets for the remaining home game online right now and I presume I could walk into the ticket office or call them up and buy them too?

If you buy your ticket for the game say 8 weeks in advance or earlier then there is a flat rate of £10 for adults and kids for £5 for all areas of the ground.

7 weeks till the game it goes up to £12 & £6

6 weeks up to £14 & £7

5 weeks till kick off £16 & £8

4 weeks till kick off £18 & £9

3 weeks till kick off £20 & £10 (adjust for merkland prices)

then with 2 weeks to go its back to the gate prices

Yes I know there will be issues with the season tickets etc but im pretty sure these could be ironed out.

perhaps have special offers like firends fares (4 adult tickets for £40)

Ive yet to hear of a football team anywhere trying this but I think it should be looked into. Might at least start getting football back in competition with the cinema or theme parks as a family afternoon out.

Im still wondering why the club have not tried the same system the transport companys offer ergo the earlier you buy your ticket the cheaper it is

They are selling tickets for the remaining home game online right now and I presume I could walk into the ticket office or call them up and buy them too?

If you buy your ticket for the game say 8 weeks in advance or earlier then there is a flat rate of £10 for adults and kids for £5 for all areas of the ground.

7 weeks till the game it goes up to £12 & £6

6 weeks up to £14 & £7

5 weeks till kick off £16 & £8

4 weeks till kick off £18 & £9

3 weeks till kick off £20 & £10 (adjust for merkland prices)

then with 2 weeks to go its back to the gate prices

Yes I know there will be issues with the season tickets etc but im pretty sure these could be ironed out.

perhaps have special offers like firends fares (4 adult tickets for £40)

Ive yet to hear of a football team anywhere trying this but I think it should be looked into. Might at least start getting football back in competition with the cinema or theme parks as a family afternoon out.

Thats a not bad idea. Worth a try at least.

Just need to find a way to avoid those miserable cúnts who like to Defrauder such systems.

Thats a not bad idea. Worth a try at least.

Just need to find a way to avoid those miserable cúnts who like to Defrauder such systems.

Without hacking the club system  the only way i can see anyone 'defrauding' the club on that one is to use the old 'im not a student but ill claim I am' or some misguided fools may buy up lots of tickets at the £10 price and then try to sell them onto folk at a higher price prior to match day. Stick a maximum number per person or household or credit card or something but people will always find a way around it. However since we are not barcelona or Man United I really cant see touts being that big an issue (although aberdonians are supposed to be tight bastards)