Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Very true Al, unbelievable how bad man united were tonight, but credit to Newcastle. They harried and closed the reds down as soon as they had the ball and created far more. I quite enjoyed it as a game but wouldn't fancy being in the dressing room after the game!

Actually, as a totally impartial viewer, I'd say the differences were Toure and Liverpool's complete inability to be a threat upfront apart from the one early chance.

Carroll may be a player, but we'll never know if they can't get the ball to him!

??? Liverpool were a threat for a lot of the game?

I'm watching a stream.

He cleared the ball with a header and took his own player out too. The player went off to get treatment as he was bleeding.

He then collided with his own keeper a few mins later.

oh 1-0 Oldham btw, and deserved lead.

edit: 1-1

Jordan Rhodes, eh?

Added another million to his sale value tonight. Apparently scouts from 8 different premier clubs there watching him plus several more from championship. He and Steven Fletcher up front for Scotland would be something else.

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

Twitter:

-Seems a Liverpool fan/fans have racially abuse a black Oldham player. He was very upset.

-One of Oldham's black players is in tears after hearing abuse (racist) from the kop.

-Liverpool fans shouting racial slurs at a black oldham athletic player. It halted the game. The player was visibly upset and was in tears

Crikey!

Added another million to his sale value tonight. Apparently scouts from 8 different premier clubs there watching him plus several more from championship. He and Steven Fletcher up front for Scotland would be something else.

Think I'm right in saying that Rhodes isn't actually confirmed as a Scottish internationalist yet, as his appearance was as a sub in a friendly international and until suchtime as he has played in a full international for us, he can still change his mind and play for Engerlund instead, although I do beleive he has gone on record as saying that he has no intention of doing so.

Edit: sorry just read GS seperate post about Rhodes and it confirms the point about him needing to play in a full international for us

:thumbsup:

Just need to get the wizard to fuck!

Think I'm right in saying that Rhodes isn't actually confirmed as a Scottish internationalist yet, as his appearance was as a sub in a friendly international and until suchtime as he has played in a full international for us, he can still change his mind and play for Engerlund instead, although I do beleive he has gone on record as saying that he has no intention of doing so.

Edit: sorry just read GS seperate post about Rhodes and it confirms the point about him needing to play in a full international for us

Stop stressing.

The cunt flew all the way to Cyprus to play for 4 seconds then onto Holland the next day.

He's quite clearly committed to playing for Scotland.

Helluva start in the Manchester derby.  Never a red card, but this looks like it could be a cracker.

I really hope this doesnt suddenly turn into a 3-0 man united because of that. Not blaming the ref, im blaming FIFA, UEFA.

Like with so many things in the world we have gone full circle. 50 years ago you could borderline cripple someone on the pitch and not even give away a foul. Now you are almost scare to slide in for a tackle. Im beginning to think its only a matter of time before football becomes a complete non contact sport in a 'touch rugby' sort of way