Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Just noticed Peterhead held Dundee last night to a goalless draw with Dundee winning on pens in the first round of the league cup.

Suggests Dundee are utter ding and perhaps Peterhead will give Sevco a better run for their money than I thought

Robbie Winters has signed for Phd. He and McAllister forming a pretty potent strikeforce.

Aye read on twitter from an Arab that Dynamo fans are climbing out of the top tier to get in about Utd fans.

Was half tempted to go down as well.

Was supposed to be in Dundee with work today so was going to head along as well but meeting cancelled so never bothered.

Speaking at half time, BBC Sportsound presenter Richard Gordon said: "I have to say I cannot remember the last time I saw fighting like that inside a Scottish football ground.

"We are up in the commentary gantry which is above the fans in the main stand. The Russian fans are in what used to be the old enclosure, down below at pitch level.

"There were clearly some Russian fans who were also up in the main part of the stand. I've no idea what happened but it all kicked off. There were certainly Russian fans in there but there were most certainly United fans. There was punching, there was kicking.

"There was one guy - someone had gone down and he was obviously absolutely determined to give him a right good kicking. He was pushing stewards out of the way.

"I saw some Russian fans climbing up onto the barriers and the walkways, trying to get up towards the fans there. I hate to say it, but United might well be in bother".

9,827 Arabs vs 150 Russians? surely no contest.

I wonder if they were jammed in the old wooden seats (are they still there) and just did what every person over 4ft8 has wanted to do

United stewards clearly out of their depth when they arent faced with say a guy on crutches or a 6 year old girl with a giant foam hand.

god dam it, we should have went down if we knew that would happen to help out the utd fans.. would have been a blast..

:wanker:

Aye right.

Apparently the Russians were in the lower tier of the fair play with Arabs including some corporate hospitality bods in the upper tier

Considering they could have shut the Fair-play and Jerry Kerr stands and still accommodated the entire crowd Im a bit bemused by united sticking their fans anywhere near the russians. Especially the corporate lot.