Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Pretty sure they all work for marca ;)

It's crazy how little credit barca are getting from people covering la liga considering their manager left, the assistant who took over has been away for ages getting treatment for cancer, and now the guy who operated the overhead projector is the stand-in manager. Basically the team most agree is the best club side of the modern era are operating as a collective of players and coaches, romping the league and looking good now to overturn a 2-0 deficit against ac milan. What barca have become is genuinely awe inspiring. Not least when you consider the manager is being promoted fron within. Weirdly, aberdeen would benefit as much as anyone if that philosophy became the norm!

Pretty much covers it, they've definitely gone off the boil over the last month or so but the press have gone totally over the top reporting the demise of this Barca team.

It's been staggering how quickly they've won the ball back tonight and their passing has been close to its slick best.  They've made a very good Milan team look like they shouldn't have bothered turning up.

Inter should have won the game. Spurs look a very ordinary side without Bale.

English Huns look like going through sadly. Quality penalty miss by Torres.

yip, yip and yip!

i'm genuinely coming to despise spurs the more i watch em. horrible jammy bastards.

i'm all for the away goal rule in the 90 mins but it's a joke to still apply the rule in extra time when you're giving the away team in the 2nd leg an extra half hour to score. Sure you're giving the home side 30 mins more in front of their own fans, but if 180 mins haven't separated the teams then it's safe to call it a draw and start extra time on an even keel.

i suppose the comfort i'm taking from today after years of bullshit about the 'best league in the world' is seeing these mediocre english teams all struggling to compete in the last 16 of the europa league, and that's a fair reflection of the state of english football.

I was gutted that Spurs went though they didn't deserve it. They're fuck all without Bale.

I was hoping Chelsea would concede again after the Torres miss. No such luck. Having said that I quite like the thought of Chelsea having 4 games in the space of 8 days soon.  ;D

What has pleased me is English sides and their fans taking the competition more seriously.

I dislike St Mirren intensely. Comes from attending some of their games when at University. Would sing pro Hun or Tim songs depanding on what they thought the allegencies were of the team they were playing. That said living Edinburgh I am glad the Jambos lost as well as they are cunts.

Well done St. Mirren, fuck the Jambos.

On a side note, went to Brisbane road on saturday to see Leyton Orient - Carlisle, sadly Miller was injured so wasn't anywhere to be seen, but it's a great wee ground with a nice supporters bar at the back of one of the stands.  Properly nice atmosphere in the bar, everyone having a laugh and reasonably priced beer to boot! Recommend going if you've got the chance. £23 was a bit steep I though, but we got to see plenty of goals and the facilities were decent enough.  The standard of football was still better than the majority of SPL games i've seen this season.

Well done St. Mirren, fuck the Jambos.

On a side note, went to Brisbane road on saturday to see Leyton Orient - Carlisle, sadly Miller was injured so wasn't anywhere to be seen, but it's a great wee ground with a nice supporters bar at the back of one of the stands.  Properly nice atmosphere in the bar, everyone having a laugh and reasonably priced beer to boot! Recommend going if you've got the chance. £23 was a bit steep I though, but we got to see plenty of goals and the facilities were decent enough.  The standard of football was still better than the majority of SPL games i've seen this season.

Aye, I was really impressed with the set up down there.  Much more enjoyable than the times I've been to Pittodrie recently!

USA v Costa Rica, in Colorado, in a fucking blizzard.

Game should have been abandoned by now, can't see the lines (being cleared whilst play is at the other end which I'm damn sure is illegal, still not working) and I'm fucking sure the ref and linesmen (they are linesmen not fucking assistants) can't see more than 20 yards.

Wonder if USA TV (it's on ESPN) has had an input into keeping it going? Looked like the ref wanted to stop it earlier but  "someone" persuaded him not to.

There's a good inch at least on the pitch, and they're still better than Scotland!