Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

And it's heartache for the Howkers

Feel sorry for them ?

No fuck them, arrogant, bigoted, cheating cunts.

I for one celebrate this result.

P.s for anyone not in the know, the green brigade or hangers on were setting off flares yet again tonight

As TC said, we need them to go through. It's a shame it wasn't someone useless that go sent off as it keeps vD fit and injury free for sunday  :hammer:

VVD ain't all that.  Tom English wrote a fairly scathing piece on him the other day  (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/31612922) and he fucked up again tonight.  I'm sure the tims will wax lyric about the first yellow never being a booking, and it might not have been but it was defo a challenge a ref was going to have to make a decision about and the linesman flagged for it instantly too i might add.  Regardless though it doesn't change fact that the second challenge was a really stupid decision.  Also its not out of the realms of possibility that he could be carrying a bit of baggage about getting sent off into the game on Sunday where he will have will be up against the best striker in the league....

• 2 weeks later...

Decent game in the FA cup last night, I'd say Arsenal were deserved winners in the end.  It really isn't happening for United at the moment.  Made a bet with my housemate at the beginning of the season that Liverpool won't finish above United, not really looking like the case any more.  They have a lot of games against the bigger sides coming up.  Hard to see many results going in their favour.

Decent game in the FA cup last night, I'd say Arsenal were deserved winners in the end.  It really isn't happening for United at the moment.  Made a bet with my housemate at the beginning of the season that Liverpool won't finish above United, not really looking like the case any more.  They have a lot of games against the bigger sides coming up.  Hard to see many results going in their favour.

It's amazing how easy a ride Van Gaal is getting off the press compared to Moyes. Very little if any difference between their records.

Sure i heard the commentator mentioning that this was Bradford's (and possibly Reading's) 5th game in 13 days and the reason it is being played tonight is due to the BBC televising it. Had the BBC decided not to bother they could have played it on Tuesday or Wednesday and it wouldn't have fallen foul of that pathetic UEFA rule regarding TV coverage of domestic games on Champions league nights.

Is anyone else bored of the Champions league/ Europa League?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31930320

Bringing in a 'ringer' to fuck them over?

Former Newcastle United, Sunderland and Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra has joined part-timers Alloa Athletic in the Scottish Championship.

The 31-year-old joined Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League in August but failed to score in nine appearances for David James' side.

Chopra, a former England youth international, also failed to score the previous season for Blackpool.

He had joined the Seasiders from Championship rivals Ipswich Town.

Chopra, who has previously admitted a gambling problem, also had loan spells with Watford, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley.

He could make his Alloa debut against Rangers in Tuesday's league fixture, should he receive international clearance in time.

Apparenlty his first action was to deck Dean Shiels

2-2 Final score  :thumbsup:

Hearts will win the league if they beat Falkirk on Saturday and hibs lose

Well, we want Hibs to win on Sat. Just to make those new blue meanies sweat.

As a side, I see Jimmy Nicholl has been appointed as NI assistant boss.  Always had a lot of time for him.  I'll never forget seeing him and JC in a bar in Aberdeen once, I offered to buy JN a drink and he politely refused whereas JC gladly took it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31945468

So the council rejected the proposal of Saints to demolish one of their stands (which the club don't need) in favour of compulsory purchasing their training facilities thereby screwing saints, local sports clubs, childrens sports etc.

width=400 height=240http://www.thecourier.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.842056.1424522933!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620/image.jpg[/img]