Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

African Nations started to day with hosts Gabon drawing 1-1 with first timers Guinea Bissau and Cameroon drawing 1-1 with Burkina Faso also drawing 1-1. Both decent games to watch as all attacked from the off. Probably because none of them could defend but entertaining.

Have they managed to find officials who know what they are doing yet?

Last time I saw the tournament was 2010 and some of the linesmen occasionally refused to run, and would flag for offside even when they were about 20yards behind play. If a player was running clear the rule seemed to be 'he must be offside'.

On one occasion I believe a striker was actually flagged offside when he was stood in his own half

Citeh get pumped 4-0 at Everton!  :o

I've not seen much of them but is bravo really any better than Hart? Seems like they concede a lot more these days.

He's utter shite. I think Everton had 4 shots on target and scored all of them, third dinked over him, fourth one through his legs. The boy Otamendi's not a CB either.

Christ, I forgot for a moment that this was Magoo's team.  Massive capitulation by Well in the last 5 minutes, FT 2-1 to Sevco.  I guess magoo doesnt want to blow his chances of getting o,hallaran on loan. :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Horrible human being.

Ok this time last year I was on abmad so I cant say about donstalk and cannot be arsed trawling through historic threads to find the evidence...

Last year it was pretty obvious around this time that the caravan dwellers were in deep shit and very likely to get relegated. Had this happened even a season before there would have been numerous threads wi

th us gloating and rippin the pish. As it was there was mild mirth at their plight but for the most it was almost apathetic even when the inevitable happened and they got flushed doon the SPFL U-bend.

Yesterday they shipped 6 goals against a  journeyman County side. Not a peep from any of us. Its like theyve become a total irrelevance to us, last time they took the drop was before the internet age but we revelled in their misfortune. I have to say that Tannadice was always my fave away day and I for one am missing the banter. Really hope they get their shit together quickly and get back up this season.

Its a good point TC. I found the anti UTD threads on Abmad cringeworthy,almost obsessive at times(SMsW waving our honours list at every opportunity).Like they were trying too hard to mock,but secretly worried,if not jealous? of UTD at times

UTD/AFC was a healthy rivalry back in the day from what I remember,but the nastier side in the last few years seemed to start on internet forums(c/w keyboard warriors),though not noticed on Donstalk so much

Hope them and Hibs get back up too.Both good away trips

Boom. Raith equalise with 1minute to go

Amusing to see the Jambos players throwing a shitfit. Ex Don McManus was at least a yard onside when Skacel hit the ball

The equaliser amused the fuck out of me.

I always wondered if it was a generational thing, because yes, I don't like them, but I never hated them like I hate the Tims / Huns deceased and reformed.  I did LOL at seeing them get pumped but it doesn't change my day.  Great away day but that's as much as they register on my radar.

I always wondered if it was a generational thing, because yes, I don't like them, but I never hated them like I hate the Tims / Huns deceased and reformed. 

Generational.

If you were a tad older and had witnessed -

1) The 10 men behind the ball, play on the counter and win while being negative and simultaneously praised by the Weegia as "the best footballing side in Scotland" because they automatically flatbacked to the cheeks at Hampdung.

2) Their cheating, scummy, diving, fouling squad of the early 80s.

3) Their ULTIMATE, shitebag fans, who were game as fuck with decent odds in their favour, but did the best ever sna aff a dyke impression when the odds were remotely even.

4) "The New Firm". What fucking sharn. One club dominating football, one club snaking in above their weight while being the ultimate bottlers. Do not attempt to quote that as a duopoly you horrid cunts,

5) That horrible little grun. Any cunt over 5 6 ended up with skinned knees in that shitty little stand.

6) Jim McLean......fucking hand job.

I just canna mind that bitterness back in the day.We won the important stuff,they got the left overs    ;)

I hate(d) them when we play them,and thats it.Youd have folks on Abmad calling them a tinpot irrelevant little club,but droning on and on about them every other post

I don't like United and was delighted when we effectively relegated them (outwith the obvious delight of us saving our own skin at the time), but I certainly don't hate them the way I hate the huns.  I think some folk tried too hard to create a more tangible rivalry with United.

You do have to wonder how they'll cope with another season in the championship - financially that must fuck them up?

What are the Moroccans like these days? Used to have quite a few flamboyant players, always one of the enjoyable teams to watch in the ACON

Hard to say from that game as draw was enough for them so the set their stall accordingly. Some finish for the goal.