Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Doesn't make it acceptable behaviour though.

Too young to remember about his Dons days but at Man U he embarrassed himself and the club a number of times with his "noising up".

I prefer managers who do this. Every so often you want your manager to come out with bold statements or actions to get the media and opposition managers into a frenzy, like Lennon does.

Fergie was the master of this and it was this attitude that won us so many trophies as he wouldn't settle for second best and luckily for him he had players in the same mould as him to back it up.

There's no comparison.

As you say, Fergie was a master at mind games as well as motivation.

The stories were always rife about his temper but that happened behind closed doors.

He didn't throw tantrums in public like that wee nyaff.

Obnoxious little s'hite.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Shockley in amongst the goals again last night. Looking like a steal by Exeter  :hammer:

Stockley had a gash start to the season. Everyone on here, me especially, wanted to see him gone. We had nothing up front against Apollon, and Stockley was a large part of that. The ball 5 yards either side of him and he was nowhere near it.

Stockley had a gash start to the season. Everyone on here, me especially, wanted to see him gone. We had nothing up front against Apollon, and Stockley was a large part of that. The ball 5 yards either side of him and he was nowhere near it.

Absolutely. He was shite. He was shite at being physical because he always got carded. I mind being at ibrox last season (when we won) and him coming on as a sub. You could just tell he was going to get sent off even before he came on. That’s a pointless player to have on your books. A couple of good goals aside. He was also shite in the air and not great with his feet. Delighted he fucked off.

I didn’t think stockley was too bad but he was a marked man up here and had no future in Scottish football. Refs gave him nothing.

I thought Stockley was shocking. After his ropey start against Celtic was out the way, Cosgrove has already looked twice the player that Stockley was for us.

Stockley was a young loon with raw potential never given time to develop. And was written off by referees immediately.  Scored a peach against thistle. I’m far from convinced about cosgrove, so many are quick to praise a forward who has not looked remotely like scoring. Hope he proves to be a hit.

Stockley was a young loon with raw potential never given time to develop. And was written off by referees immediately.  Scored a peach against thistle. I’m far from convinced about cosgrove, so many are quick to praise a forward who has not looked remotely like scoring. Hope he proves to be a hit.

Skip to 1:24