Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

This game's got everything!

Fartz keeper wipes out Livi player in Hearts box....penalty!. Ref then pulls out yellow card followed by red card for Hearts keeper......hadn't been booked previously  ??? Ref then rescinds the red card on behalf of the SFA......Livi score penalty ........1-0

60 seconds later Djoum wipes out livi player at half way line......yellow card followed by red card........correctly this time

60 seconds later......2-0

And as I write this....3-0

Best game I've seen all season (and ours the other night wasn't bad)

Make it 4-0  :rofl:

Lol at hearts  :D  Fair play to Livi though that is a cracking result for them.  They are good at home aren't they?  I'm going to go to the game at Almondvale on the 29th I think, never been there and i do like to get to a game over the xmas period.  Not expecting an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.....

I hope I'm not premature in pronouncing but 27 minutes into this Hibs Sellic, I feel that the end of Scott Broon is nigh. He's so pedestrian and slow, miles off the pace of this game. He's always been conundrumenical, having the appearance of a pre-Neanderthal and playing with a boisterousness worthy of the bhoy captain role and yet having the tone and soft voice of a primary school girl. Might just have had a heavy curry last night right enough but he's been shite and it's been a joy to see.

Rocket's Arbroath game not exactly going to plan for him  :laughing:

Left just before HT after the worst red card in history and the worst ref performance I've ever seen. I know you said Beaton was bad but this clown was unreal. Home already. And yes, it didn't go well for me as I had Arbroath at evens on a number of doubles and trebles. Great to hear Aberdeen getting the points on the radio though.

Slippy G interview at McDiarmid.....Lee Wallace on bench today but says he's had a chat with Wallace about his future. He made it clear that Barisic is his first choice left back and with 6 months left on his contract it is up to Wallace if he wants to stay in the knowledge he is a bench option at best. If he wants to play football......inference was he is free to go in January. We need a left back.....Consi too slow and Shinnie considers himself a midfielder.....I hope I'm putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but I can just see McInnes' eyes lighting up at this info.

Anyway come on the fermers!

A deserved lead too, despite the fortunate deflection off Scott Brown.

Rangers were superb. That's the first time I've EVER said that and hopefully the last. They didn't allow Celtic to walk into their half. They pressed them at their back and Celtic needed to work hard and slick and fast just to keep possession in their own half. I caught Andy Walker on talksport this morning and he said that all the teams in Europe pressed Celtic high up the pitch and unlike in Scotland, do not pay them too much respect and being fearful of losing the first goal. I hope you fucking watched that first half McInnes you ball-less midget cunt.

A deserved lead too, despite the fortunate deflection off Scott Brown.

Rangers were superb. That's the first time I've EVER said that and hopefully the last. They didn't allow Celtic to walk into their half. They pressed them at their back and Celtic needed to work hard and slick and fast just to keep possession in their own half. I caught Andy Walker on talksport this morning and he said that all the teams in Europe pressed Celtic high up the pitch and unlike in Scotland, do not pay them too much respect and being fearful of losing the first goal. I hope you fucking watched that first half McInnes you ball-less midget cunt.

Don't get me started!!!!!! It's not rocket science DM.

That was the best performance by a Scottish team against the entitled I have seen in a long time. Should have been 4 or 5 nil. Lustilg, Brown and Boyata were entertainingly bad.

Just pretending it wasn’t them that won, but it was time that arrogant cunts got smashed.

McInnes take note, although I doubt with the players we have that we could have produced that level for 95 minutes.

That was the best performance by a Scottish team against the entitled I have seen in a long time. Should have been 4 or 5 nil. Lustilg, Brown and Boyata were entertainingly bad.

Just pretending it wasn’t them that won, but it was time that arrogant cunts got smashed.

McInnes take note, although I doubt with the players we have that we could have produced that level for 95 minutes.

We have the players to do it, he just doesn't have the tactical balls to do it.

Wonder if Murty had any input into yesterday’s tactics. Essentially same game plan as last years game at the same time of the year, and an equally inept response from Rogers. The high press is beaten by long balls to a player that can hold it up and move the game up the field stretching the opposition. The young lad up front is not that player. Sinclair was a waste of a jersey which I doubt helped him.

Brown was utterly shite, he looks to be done.

Too many issues to change with the subs Rogers had. Bizarre team selection given how they finished the game against us.

I saw Ryhun Jack score yesterday in the most unlikely of places, at the Aberdeen Club shop whilst waiting to be served. Watching Ryhun run to the hoards of the unwashed with his hands shaped like a heart made me feel more than a bit nauseous.

I also saw the Killie game highlights and have to say I thought Stewart was immense for them. I know it was only St Mirren, but he had an excellent game.

Wonder if Murty had any input into yesterday’s tactics. Essentially same game plan as last years game at the same time of the year, and an equally inept response from Rogers. The high press is beaten by long balls to a player that can hold it up and move the game up the field stretching the opposition. The young lad up front is not that player. Sinclair was a waste of a jersey which I doubt helped him.

Brown was utterly shite, he looks to be done.

Too many issues to change with the subs Rogers had. Bizarre team selection given how they finished the game against us.

I agree that Sinclair, the young lad and Brown were shite. Gerrard talked about every player having to win their one to ones and what Rangers didn't do was show them too much respect. They wanted it more was what one of the commentators said and it was how hungry the home team were that harried the away team into a poor performance.

I remember that Hearts last season were the team who ended their long unbeaten run. What was noticeable in that game was that they never gave Celtic time on the ball, something Hibs had done to both Rangers and Celtic in the games before. The problem with AFC v. Celtic is that we never tried to win the game. We weren't hungry. We didn't want it enough and by showing them too much respect, deploying a defensive mindset, allowing them to build from the back and walking into our half at will, it is always going to be a matter of time before they score. Ferguson and Ball were effectively part of a back six on Boxing Day (back 7 inc. Joe Lewis). Whatever the tactics were, they failed miserably and until McInnes tries to match up to them, to prevent them waltzing into our half at will, to try and win greater possession and prevent them having the ball as often as they're allowed to have it, there can't possibly be any other outcome. Given our appalling record against Celtic for five years now, it's pretty amazing that McInnes hasn't tried a different approach. My guess is that he can't try to beat them because he doesn't know how, being possessed with a loser core mentality and keeping his fingers crossed that we can win by hitting them on a counter attack, something that hasn't happened for too long now. His stubbornness also prevents him admitting that he's been getting it very wrong in the games that really matter, thus the barrenness of achievements in terms of trophies.