Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Quite an interesting set of results again, hopefully this is the start of Liverpool's demise...

Before 2019, Liverpool had 17 wins and 3 draws = 90% points v. potential.

This year, W2, D2, L1 = 53.3%.

6 points left out there in first 20 games v. 7 points lost in last 5 games.

The recent results definitely point to a major slippage. It would've been a steal if they had won at WHU last night. They're not looking like champions right now, rather a team with a nose bleed, giddy in the heights and not believing that they're good enough. It's starting to look like they've shat the bed at the prospect of winning but have a good chance to get back on track at home to Bournemouth, who managed to get beat from the hapless Cardiff last out.

Everyone's heard of the fear of failure. Less talked about is the fear of success.

I'm guessing there's an interesting story behind the origin of your detestation for Liverpool?

Haha I wish I could say there was. But it's always been around their moaning. Guess having a soft spot for man united as a kid and then going uni in manc probably solidified it. Its the victim card that does my head in. The delusion that they were relevant and always innocent. Obviously they are now relevant, but seeing them failing would bring me much joy.

Nothing more than good old fashioned irrational footballing hatred, Rocket.

I love a bit of irrational hatred. I'm also no fan of Liverpool, both the club and the people. Chelsea are my newest hate. I never liked how Abramovich bought success and his gains were ill-gotten with the theft of Sibneft assets, as many of the Oligarchs did but having attended Stamford Bridge for the first (and last) time on Saturday, I wish the club great misfortune. The pub opposite the main entrance wasn't heaving, bizarrely, and the pubs inside the stadium had no queues. Do these fuckers not drink? It's such a soulless corporate stadium, reminiscent of the Emirates for the wankers content. There's no atmosphere. The Huddersfield fans were funny. In the second half when they were getting horsed they were singing "this place is like a fucking library", whereupon the shitey home support (which we would have been singing) made a pathetic attempt at a rebuke. The standard uniform of camel-coloured flat caps by the wannabe middle class Chelski boys in their 30's was as far removed from cockney as Chelsea is removed from being a proper football club rather than the money laundering exercise that it is.

So I guess that's a rational hatred towards them on this occasion.

Weird as fuck though, they sang Stand Free and went to mow a meadow on the rare occasions they did make a noise, although they sing Care Free instead.

Haha I wish I could say there was. But it's always been around their moaning. Guess having a soft spot for man united as a kid and then going uni in manc probably solidified it. Its the victim card that does my head in. The delusion that they were relevant and always innocent. Obviously they are now relevant, but seeing them failing would bring me much joy.

Is that the best you can come up with?  :laughing: I think you're thinking of Celtic? Don't tell me that you're one of those who thinks that they should all just move on from Hillsborough and stop trying to blame people because it was an accident? There's a difference between having a genuine grievance and a victim mentality. Just "I'm a Man Utd fan" would've sufficed. This is precisely the rhetoric that's common in Aberdeen (because of the Fergie "link"  ::)) that makes me enjoy watching Man Utd toil more than watching Liverpool, a club that I have zero links to, win.

I love a bit of irrational hatred. I'm also no fan of Liverpool, both the club and the people. Chelsea are my newest hate. I never liked how Abramovich bought success and his gains were ill-gotten with the theft of Sibneft assets, as many of the Oligarchs did but having attended Stamford Bridge for the first (and last) time on Saturday, I wish the club great misfortune. The pub opposite the main entrance wasn't heaving, bizarrely, and the pubs inside the stadium had no queues. Do these fuckers not drink? It's such a soulless corporate stadium, reminiscent of the Emirates for the wankers content. There's no atmosphere. The Huddersfield fans were funny. In the second half when they were getting horsed they were singing "this place is like a fucking library", whereupon the shitey home support (which we would have been singing) made a pathetic attempt at a rebuke. The standard uniform of camel-coloured flat caps by the wannabe middle class Chelski boys in their 30's was as far removed from cockney as Chelsea is removed from being a proper football club rather than the money laundering exercise that it is.

So I guess that's a rational hatred towards them on this occasion.

Weird as fuck though, they sang Stand Free and went to mow a meadow on the rare occasions they did make a noise, although they sing Care Free instead.

I've never been to Stamford Bridge and have no desire to do so. Especially after reading this. I found my experience at White Heart Lane much the same although it should probably be noted in the interests of fairness that it was a pre season friendly.

Have you been to a meaningful game at Anfield? There's nothing quite like it. Proper atmosphere. In fact I was at a game at Elland Road recently and they too had a terrific atmosphere despite the game itself being shite. A proper club with proper fans.

I was on a stagger in Liverpool last year and like most staggers I was dreading it. Especially in Liverpool. But to my surprise I found it to be a terrific trip. The city centre was nice, the people were nice and the nights oot were good. And I wasn't subjected to The Beatles music constantly as I had feared. 

Have you been to a meaningful game at Anfield? There's nothing quite like it. Proper atmosphere. In fact I was at a game at Elland Road recently and they too had a terrific atmosphere despite the game itself being shite. A proper club with proper fans.

Yes I was at arguably THE most meaningful match ever played there. It was meant to be April 1989 but Hillsborough happened so the Liverpool-Arsenal match was postponed until a Friday night in late May when it had turned into the league decider. Everybody including us thought we would be witnessing the crowning of another Liverpool title but it never panned out that way. We were in the Kemlyn (?) Road stand which was like a pitch side main stand and when Michael Thomas scored that goal, the guy in front of me couldn't help himself, jumping up and letting out a squeak before sitting down rapidly, after remembering where he was. I put a firm hand on his shoulder and I could feel him freezing before I whispered in his ear - you deserved it (before explaining we were neutrals).

My wife was at Anfield for the Aberdeen game five years before I met her. I wasn't but the main reason we've been together for a third of a century is because I picked well, my sense of karma - instinct really - identifying the Dons fan within her, despite the fact that her now deid old man was a hun prick.

I love Yorksire and despite Leeds city centre, I like that part of the world and will be going to Elland Road one day soon. I've heard it's a great club. My next new fitba experiences shall be Balmoor tomorrow (never been but only as long as its not pissing rain) and Feyenoord in 3 weeks time.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Leeds is an interesting one RS. Went to Elland Road a few years back when O'Leary was boss and they had Kewell, Verruca etc playing for them. I remember during the warm up that the fans sang a song for every one of their players. As you said, proper fans not a lot of tourists.

Hilarious fuck up by the Hearts 'keeper in the last minute of injury time to gift Motherwell a 2-1 win. If you haven't seen it I recommend wearing some incontinence pants when you see it on Sportsmen's as you will pish yourselves  :rofl:

If Celtic can dispose of Killie later amazingly our draw yesterday will have caused no real damage

Goal and  red card for Brown. I presume the second yellow ill be for jumping into the Tic fans behind the goal?

It was.

Huge deflection off a Killie player but Brown celebrated like he had scored a wonder strike. Mind you I suppose it probably has all but won Victim FC the league.