Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

I'll mark good performance no. 3 up on the old abacus then.  ::)

I was surprised to read your original post but not surprised by the absolutist position you take, a habit of yours. Ozil didn't get picked for his country by accident, Germany being one of the best in the world. He didn't get a £330k per week (the biggest at the time) from Wenger for being shite and for all his management weaknesses, Arsene was one of the best talent-identifiers in history.

There are always reasons for a great performer underperforming. Labelling them as poop without seeking to understand those reasons, or failing to even see the undoubted quality within him is hugely ignorant.

Gerrard or mair likely his staff seem to have this hun incarnation fairly fit.

That’s about the limits of their abilities.

Actual technical ability is lacking, but they, like previous incarnations get all or at least 98% of the inoccous stuff.

They’re throwing themselves to the ground with the merest of contact. They get the benefit of doubt on any throw etc. 

AFC need to highlight this, along with Kamara’s corner carry on’s. Tattie heeds dives, hibs should have had at least a yellow tonight if not a second and red.

We have 5 days.

CALL IT OUT. STAND UP FOR US MUGS.

Not that I like Real Madrid but that's a good move for them. I couldn't believe some Real fans chanting for Mourinho last week. Aren't they watching? Can't they see what OGS, a very inexperienced manager has done with the same group of players?

Interestingly when we talk about mindsets, did anyone see the OGS interview before the game in Paris? And compare that to McInnes' interview before Parkhead. It's chalk and cheese. OGS was totally HONEST, he acknowledged the task in hand but he said that we can do it, we have come here to do it and you never know in football, delivered with his trademark impish grin. He BELIEVED that it could be done and we can just imagine how that transmits to the players. It was a shocking ref and VAR decision that took them over the line but it was a stunning win nevertheless, scoring 3 against the millionaires and breaking all sorts of records.

He also played a heap of youngsters last Wednesday, mostly forced by injuries etc. but they performed like heroes and lions, again which would have been because of the excellent management, inspiration and guidance that they received. Where our manager NEVER believes we can beat Celtic at Parkhead (and the 1-0 at the end of last season was contrived), I fail to see how our footballers can perform with the requisite belief and expectation, whatever their age because like Sarri at Chelsea (and Alan Hansen etc.), McInnes is a dinosaur.

He's also dishonest in that he says whatever he thinks he can get away with, whatever it takes to keep his job, to satiate the chairman and keep on picking up his hefty income. He's a charlatan who's been cheating our club for six years now but he's not even the biggest problem. We're not fucking Dundee, Hamilton or St Mirren, who have won the same number of Scottish Cups that we have since SAF left, the same as Motherwell, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hibs and ICT, one less than Dundee United and two less than Hearts. And yet some of us still don't see that we're underperforming and have been since the day Milne wormed his way into our club. They can keep on clapping happily with the 2nd place trophy and it will never change whilst the shit keeps on continuing.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

That is a laughable comparison min.  :rofl: To say that Man Utd, they of the £590M turnover with their £75M striker pulled off some sort of miracle in beating PSG is not at all comparable to the massive financial gap between the Dons and Celtic.

That Man Utd team was packed with multi million pound players and I think all of the starting eleven were internationals.  The three youngsters that came on played for a combined 67 minutes (and one of them played 54 of those minutes) and I don't think any of us would really be that stunned if Man Utd were to go on and win the Champions League with the players they have at their disposal.

Ramon Calderon has been speaking about why José wasn't asked back. The "dressing room leaders" don't like him. A guy who's football opinions I value was telling me on Friday that Sergio Ramos and Mourinho couldn't look each other in the eye. That's the problem when a manager's ego is too big. It should be about the team, not his rampant sense of self. A tragic figure who once had it all but now he's left with only a few tens of millions in his bank.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to McKenna, he was just being honest, being himself.

The pundits will slaughter him for the third but the truth was, he switched off at the first too. He was so focused at keeping up the arse of his man, he didn't have the imagination to anticipate what was happening and his instinct was so defunct that he didn't start back-pedalling.

Scott's just a big thick unit. He did his best. He's just not international class.

Shinnie's mare today may have been partly due to him not having played in that position for so long but let's be honest here, we've all seen him produce shite performances in the last 12 months (but rarely before that). He's not international class either.

Bad day at the office for AFC contingents. Forget Brexit, Ecksit is obviously required. He's a thick drunk soak. Scotland continues to be consistent in its shit quality.

Never watched a second of it, and thank fuck for that.

The drunk should never have been appointed in the first place.

We were never going to qualify, but by fuck this result is right up there

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

To all those deluded enough to follow this shite, hell mend you

To all those deluded enough to follow this shite, hell mend you

Met a cunt I've never liked half an hour after the game. I went from one pub to the other, he was there and as he was preparing to leave - after proudly saying he was flying out for the San Marino game, me saying I'll never watch Scotland ever again as I was embarrassed to be Scottish, him saying he couldn't understand that and me pointing out he wasn't even fucking there (Amsterdam) - the boys next to him picked a bone.

This cunt is a hun, which I know cos he drinks in the least busy pub in the region and he (and his son apparently, who I've never met, don't want to but had fucked off by the time I got there) and he was blaming Bain for the defeat. I said I'm Aberdeen, it gives me no pleasure to say this but AFC players were responsible for all three. When I said Bain wasn't at fault for any of them, the hun's detractors and opponents grew magnificently. The hun fucked off sharpish, weak, weak cunt that he is.

Well 1-0 up approaching HT....Kenny McLean scoring after 3 minutes. Over 80% possession and really should be further ahead but good goalkeeping plus some woeful final balls from Fraser meaning its still only one fuck up at the back from total humiliation.

Fans starting to get restless