Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Todays fitba

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Game over. Well done Burnley, their grit deserved that win. I agree BB, they need to get some creative quality in.

I would like to know what's going on with Carrick. he's been honking all pre-season then on Sunday before the match Fergie was asked why he wasn't picked, Fergie said "You'll have to ask him that." which suggests he's been up to something he shouldn't be. Anderson has a lot of energy and is generally good in a midfield 3 but is pretty annonymous in a 2.  If Hargreaves is finished (I reckon he is, you don't get rid of tendonitis and he's missed so much football already), Scholes is older, Carrick is playing like a big girl... he needs a strong midfielder in.  Fletcher is United's best midfielder at the moment, and no disrespect to the guy because he is a good player, but that shouldn't be the case.

I would like to know what's going on with Carrick. he's been honking all pre-season then on Sunday before the match Fergie was asked why he wasn't picked, Fergie said "You'll have to ask him that." which suggests he's been up to something he shouldn't be. Anderson has a lot of energy and is generally good in a midfield 3 but is pretty annonymous in a 2.  If Hargreaves is finished (I reckon he is, you don't get rid of tendonitis and he's missed so much football already), Scholes is older, Carrick is playing like a big girl... he needs a strong midfielder in.  Fletcher is United's best midfielder at the moment, and no disrespect to the guy because he is a good player, but that shouldn't be the case.

Didn't see the games tonight, but Fletcher is not first XI United quality. And I know thats what you're getting at BB. But Fergie was kidding himself on that he wouldn't need to dip further into his budget this season. I actually think Ronaldo papered a lot of cracks by scoring a lot of crucial goals. But I have confidence in Fergie to do this. But he needs to get on it as soon as!

Didn't see the games tonight, but Fletcher is not first XI United quality. And I know thats what you're getting at BB. But Fergie was kidding himself on that he wouldn't need to dip further into his budget this season. I actually think Ronaldo papered a lot of cracks by scoring a lot of crucial goals. But I have confidence in Fergie to do this. But he needs to get on it as soon as!

Not at all manc, I think Fletcher has been outstanding for United in the last year or two and it's getting to the point now where I would say he's first choice but it's more to do with who's playing next to him where the problem lies.  They miss Ronaldo of course, no team in the world wouldn't miss him, but United are better placed than most to cope... but the balance of the team seems all wrong at the moment.

Didn't see the games tonight, but Fletcher is not first XI United quality.

Don't agree at all. Did you see the game against Chelsea at Old Trafford last season, or the Champions League semis? Fletcher's absence was a big reason for Utd's poor performance in the CL final.

What Utd need is a creative, goal-scoring player to play alongside Fletcher. Or get in a time machine and go back 10 years for the old Paul Scholes.

Don't agree at all. Did you see the game against Chelsea at Old Trafford last season, or the Champions League semis? Fletcher's absence was a big reason for Utd's poor performance in the CL final.

What Utd need is a creative, goal-scoring player to play alongside Fletcher. Or get in a time machine and go back 10 years for the old Paul Scholes.

Fergie, buy Darren Mackie!